over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BEST Gyms youv been to?

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Here is my home gym. LOVE this place.

JERSEY SHORE FITNESS in Bradley Beach, NJ. Iv yet to see a gym that tops this one for bodybuilders. Big mirrors all over. Dark n gloomy and walls are brick. Just a hardcore atmosphere with hardcore members. Upstairs is all bright and shiny new equipment, free motion, and every personal trainer device you can think of, and probably 75 pieces of cardio equipment. Most with flat screen TV's. And hes always adding stuff downstairs to make the gym better!

NOW DOWNSTAIRS

Lets start with the dumbell racks.

Right next to the Flat/incline benches is a DB rack up to 110.
Go in the big room and there is another at the front up to 115. One at the back goes to 180! Yet another one in the arm room up to 95 (hex DB's love these). Then by the smith machines, another rack to 100.

Leg Room. Two different leg extensions (one is old school and feels awesome), hammer kneeling leg curl, standing leg curl, 2 lying curls. Leg press from Ronnie Colemans video that holds 2300lbs! Another different leg press, a vertical leg press, and one of two power racks. Nice speed bag and real heavy bag for anyone who likes that stuff. Even a donkey calf raise you can love over 1000lbs on to!

Main room....Power rack and squat rack. Powerlifting big iron shrug bar iv only seen in this gym, and every other bar/barbell you can think of. Tons of hammer strength, and a wall with EVERY single cable attachment you can POSSIBLY think of. Must be 50 of them in good shape. Three crossover stations.

Go into arm room and you have the old fashioned cable pressdowns attached to the wall itself and then down to the floor. Plate loaded with the old school plates with smaller holes. Great arm equipment and the hammer dip machine plate loaded that i LOVE. Love the old school shoulder press too.

T-Bars you ask? well.....how bout under the stairs!

Attachments

• 0103082310.jpg
    0103082310.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 343
IRON WORKS Gym, Callahna Fla. The owner is Jim Hoskinson,Pro powerlifter. First room is a bunch of plate loaded machines and a cable cross over. Second room is a combo of free weights and hammer strength machines, and another cable crossover machine. A cardio rm. and and ab and hyper ext room. And my favorite the Steel Barbell Club. Power racks a mono lift ,several great benches, cable pull down, no heat or A/C, beerkegs with different levels of water for lifting , bands, chains and dumbells to I think over 150. Deadlift stations a neck machine, chalk ,when was the last time you saw chalk in a gym. Heavy bag and a set up to do good mornings and reverse hypers. Out back he's setting up for strongman training with huge tire to flip a Conan's walk, peg wall , farmers walk, and sleds and he's setting up a truck with a bar welded on the bumper to do deads with. Here theres no hunting weight cuz theses tons upon tons of Olymic plates, and the price is $25 a month. J.R.

my 2 hot spots...

so far:

1) Main Event - marietta, ga to sets of dumbbells up to 180, 1 x 225 lbs dumbbell who lost its mate, and also I think 1 x 280 lbs dumbbell? May be more just too fukn heavy to look at it. Down stairs several 100 lbs plates for the leg equip. this is a great gym for people lookn to move some weight!

2) Gym of Buckhead some great competitors there, and a nice gym with some nice hammer str equip i like to use'

goo

Stroud's fitness in bedford texas(ft.worth)

Besides kurt and sam stroud being great owners and great people the run a fantastic place. They are always doing clothes and food drives for local charities and they make the gym seem like a real family place.

We have
dumbbells up to 200lbs
bands/chains
westside equipment
hydralic squat rack
deadlift platform
and so much more equipment that you dont see in todays "fitness centers"

these two videos show off strouds just a lil bit:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SzVc-m8esDI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IHgBMjjnN28

Also you get to see pro's like johnnie jackson train and top teir powerlifters. Hell guys who have been at strouds long enough even have a key to the gym!

http://www.stroudsfitness.net/

Last edited:
damn im a have to check out jersey shore fitness one of these days, as of now, u mentioned it in another thread not too long ago, apollon gym is good, havent been in a while since they raised their rates but used to like that gym a lot..it was a gym damnit not a fitness center

SEE TP.. that is the way a gym should be.. great equipment but, a "blue collar" look and atmosphere... you know, edgy.. i like the brick.. kind makes ya want to train.. outside london is muscleworks gym.. kinda the same..w hen we were on vacation many years ago, i made it a point to take a day and make my way to that gym.. i had heard about it for many years.. itw as teh same.. a lot of major competitors (dawodu, brian buchanan and many of uk's finest train there.. alot of yelling (it is actually encouraged) alot of old nautilus, flex and hammer.. great equipment, a ton of it.. very blue collar.. they even state that on their brochures lol.. just a cool place..
i walked in and paid for my visit.. there was group of guys training their asses off and i walked by.. this black guy with dreadlocks walks up to me real quick and says, "i need some help for my set.. come on".. it turned out later he had won numerous titles in the uk.. i'll find his name.. but, i walked over and he was doing drop sets and the hammer flat press.. no introduction or anything just dropped down and started going then yelled "pull one".. so i pulled and so did his partner.. this went on twice.. after he was done.. he said " you a yank?" i said yes.. he said "what are ya doing here".. i said "i have always heard about this place and wanted to see it".. he yelled to the others " hey gents, we have a yank who come all the way fom the states to get a good workout.. we are known worldwide".. they all shouted and then went straight back to lifting.. if you were straining someone was there to yell at ya.. very hardcore but, very friendly ..

LOL this vid came out dark because the lighting isnt the best in the gym....but here is Tattangelx doin some snatches with a 130lb dumbell. I was just training my bro and BSing, but i still out shoulder pressed him :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhrhB16hAiQ

rockville fitness

my gym...rockville fitness. we have anchor chains, db only go to 150lb but its ok.:p full lifting platform with bumper plates. full line of hammer strength. full set of kettle bells. a squat stand like the ones used in powerlifting competitions. chalk. bar jack to help put plates on w out picking up the bar. 100lb plates. that awesome tibia machine to work yor shin muscles. chiro, masage therapist, kitchen w microwave and blender and fridge , w community bags of whey protien. strong man equipment. and the nicest employees and trainers anywhere who dont care if we grunt, yell, spit, bleed,slam weights, throw up......he we could probably tear a wall down and they would be like"have good workout?":eek: tha name is deciving. its anything but fitness training. its pretty hard core. the people dont fuck around there.
lucian:D

TP4U... that place looks damn fun to train at. I am in New Bruns (Rutgers), and I feel like its worth the 45min trip to give that place a go for at least a day session. By any chance do you know of any good gyms that are closer to my area? The Rutgers gyms blow.

TP4U... that place looks damn fun to train at. I am in New Bruns (Rutgers), and I feel like its worth the 45min trip to give that place a go for at least a day session. By any chance do you know of any good gyms that are closer to my area? The Rutgers gyms blow.

Dude you are up north. Strong and Shapley is right in east rutherford. Maybe 20min? By giants stadium. If you head to my gym you can PM me and il give you directions... REAL easy from route 18

Stroud's fitness in bedford texas(ft.worth)

Besides kurt and sam stroud being great owners and great people the run a fantastic place. They are always doing clothes and food drives for local charities and they make the gym seem like a real family place.

We have
dumbbells up to 200lbs
bands/chains
westside equipment
hydralic squat rack
deadlift platform
and so much more equipment that you dont see in todays "fitness centers"

these two videos show off strouds just a lil bit:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SzVc-m8esDI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IHgBMjjnN28

Also you get to see pro's like johnnie jackson train and top teir powerlifters. Hell guys who have been at strouds long enough even have a key to the gym!

http://www.stroudsfitness.net/

The gym looks AWESOME!!!-but unfortunatly just like many gyms like that their hours are not the greatest(especially the weekend hours).-im sure its important to a lot of us that do work on weekends...

Anyway the best gym iv'e seen is the golds on sahara blvd. in las-vegas.got everything you need and its 24/7!!! also the gym i used to belong in lakeview(chicago il)-XSPORT-FITNESS.(24/7 AND THE BEST EQUIPMENT).

The gym looks AWESOME!!!-but unfortunatly just like many gyms like that their hours are not the greatest(especially the weekend hours).-im sure its important to a lot of us that do work on weekends...

Anyway the best gym iv'e seen is the golds on sahara blvd. in las-vegas.got everything you need and its 24/7!!! also the gym i used to belong in lakeview(chicago il)-XSPORT-FITNESS.(24/7 AND THE BEST EQUIPMENT).

Yea the gym is awesome!!! i only get to train there during summer and winter breaks then its at my crappy college gym...... and yea the hours suck but once you get in close you can get a key to train whenever u want. The best part is you feel at home everyone know everyone, and hell if you want a even more hardcore gym metroflex is about a 15 min drive east

U guys have NO clue how you have it good gym wise in the US... the smallest shittiest one in your country is probably x1000 better than the best one in mine :eek: :(

If only the fitness industry was a tad bit more developed over here :cool:

SEE TP.. that is the way a gym should be.. great equipment but, a "blue collar" look and atmosphere... you know, edgy.. i like the brick.. kind makes ya want to train.. outside london is muscleworks gym.. kinda the same..w hen we were on vacation many years ago, i made it a point to take a day and make my way to that gym.. i had heard about it for many years.. itw as teh same.. a lot of major competitors (dawodu, brian buchanan and many of uk's finest train there.. alot of yelling (it is actually encouraged) alot of old nautilus, flex and hammer.. great equipment, a ton of it.. very blue collar.. they even state that on their brochures lol.. just a cool place..
i walked in and paid for my visit.. there was group of guys training their asses off and i walked by.. this black guy with dreadlocks walks up to me real quick and says, "i need some help for my set.. come on".. it turned out later he had won numerous titles in the uk.. i'll find his name.. but, i walked over and he was doing drop sets and the hammer flat press.. no introduction or anything just dropped down and started going then yelled "pull one".. so i pulled and so did his partner.. this went on twice.. after he was done.. he said " you a yank?" i said yes.. he said "what are ya doing here".. i said "i have always heard about this place and wanted to see it".. he yelled to the others " hey gents, we have a yank who come all the way fom the states to get a good workout.. we are known worldwide".. they all shouted and then went straight back to lifting.. if you were straining someone was there to yell at ya.. very hardcore but, very friendly ..

Well said lats, this is the best gym over here in London!

Yea the gym is awesome!!! i only get to train there during summer and winter breaks then its at my crappy college gym...... and yea the hours suck but once you get in close you can get a key to train whenever u want. The best part is you feel at home everyone know everyone, and hell if you want a even more hardcore gym metroflex is about a 15 min drive east

Well i guess if you can get a key-it sure does beat the 24/7 deal!!:D ;)

You might want to try Apollon Gym. It is off Rt. 27, about a few miles from the Rutgers campus.

Apollon Gym. 160 Talmadge Rd. Edison, NJ 08817. Phone: 732-985-8576

http://www.myspace.com/apollongym

Planet Fitness in Stoughton, MA. Everything is purple and yellow, there are 2 yes 2 flat benches, and the dumbells go up to 70LBS! Nobody even likes to look at them though because if you try to pick one up the lunk alarm goes off. There are plenty of middle-aged house wives around, usually on the two rows of leg abductor and adductor machines. They don't allow gallon jugs either! All in all my favorite gym!

Seriously though, there aren't any good gyms in my area because these fucks buy them all.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131