advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best program to regain when coming back?

Chris288

Registered
Hey guys its been about 10months since some health issues derailed my gains back in 2019. I will not waist your time with the issues, but jump into coming back and next steps.

43 now and finally healthy n recovered from multiple factors affecting my health.

I know it sounds weird to ask for the best program you guys would recommend to get back to the size n strength I was at almost 10months ago, but since my teens I have never gone longer than a month without lifting...ever. almost 27 years of training. I have had breaks, just nothing this long without any training at all.

Not sure if just back to a gains formula or train EOD old push pull like I did many years ago. How do u guys come back from a long layoff like this? Best program to regain muscle?

I am not worried about loosing bodyfat yet, just rebuilding all the muscle. Will then cut after a few weeks.

Also, not decided if I need to cycle or not. Currently on TRT which I have stayed on at 200mg Test CYP weekly. No AI at all. Is a cycle even needed with a layoff this long yet?

Thanks for the advice all. Even after all the years thinking you have the answers, life tosses ya some curve balls. Excited to be back though.

muscle memory is your friend. do what you did that got you where your were previously. EOD push pull sounds perfect.

As somebody that's come back from several injuries and hiatuses. Muscle memory definitely helps. People think I'm some sort of genetic phenom because how quick I put on muscle after a hiatus. But this is far from the truth I am what many would consider a "hardgainer" when I started lifting I was 135.

My one piece of advice is don't jump into toofast. Lift with good form and don't lift too heavy (at first). The key is progressive overload first take it easy and just go harder each time.

I have injured myself in the past jumping into things too hard. Not fun especially when you're excited to get back into it, excited to be healthy/strong just to get injured again.

Just lift the way you love to lift. There is no best program.
And i don't think you're looking for a cookie cutter program either.

Realistically, you probably need to ease yourself into it. Go in and hit an upper body session, pushing and pulling and not doing a ton of volume. Get the blood flowing and get it out. DO the same with lower body because we allll know how much worse sore legs can be. As you get accustomed to the intensity and stimulus again, you can probably go back to your favorite split and start pushing it. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the feedback guys. This was my initial thought of coming back as mentioned. Higher reps slower rep speed and constant tension with straight sets for now, no high intensity techniques.

Adding a set every 2 weeks and organically go up in weight over about 10-12 weeks or so. Just wanted to go by feel and listen to the body.

Sounds like this is the same approach you guys see. Thanks for the feedback

Can’t go wrong with the DC two way or push/pull EOD.

Have not tried DC much before. Will look at this once my base has come back.

Thanks a ton.

I was out two months and came back to the same workout with reduced weights; about 70%.
I did this intentionally and worked my way back up to avoid any injuries.

Just do calisthenics for a month or two or until you're in the 50-100 rep range. Body weight exercises only. By this time you'll be bored as shit and plenty warmed up to get back into hardcore heavy duty training. My $00.02

Anadrol,dbol or Superdrol, Test, deca or eq.
Some hgh 4iu and you are going to get back in No time 😁

Hey guys its been about 10months since some health issues derailed my gains back in 2019. I will not waist your time with the issues, but jump into coming back and next steps.

43 now and finally healthy n recovered from multiple factors affecting my health.

I know it sounds weird to ask for the best program you guys would recommend to get back to the size n strength I was at almost 10months ago, but since my teens I have never gone longer than a month without lifting...ever. almost 27 years of training. I have had breaks, just nothing this long without any training at all.

Not sure if just back to a gains formula or train EOD old push pull like I did many years ago. How do u guys come back from a long layoff like this? Best program to regain muscle?

I am not worried about loosing bodyfat yet, just rebuilding all the muscle. Will then cut after a few weeks.

Also, not decided if I need to cycle or not. Currently on TRT which I have stayed on at 200mg Test CYP weekly. No AI at all. Is a cycle even needed with a layoff this long yet?

Thanks for the advice all. Even after all the years thinking you have the answers, life tosses ya some curve balls. Excited to be back though.

Hey Chris, I don't think it's a waste of time to revisit your health issues and find out where you're at now before anyone gives you advice on lifting or AAS/Ancillaries. Members can't give you the best advice without being informed.

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...have-to-post-this-heart-problems-help.163053/

just listen to your body.

train as often as you could recover. if its 3 times a week ok, if you can train 4 days fine etc

keep your protein high - at least gram per pound. keep your carbs and fat enough for recovery and energy, dont go overboard but dont undereat

train on trt for 2-4months. then you may introduce something to get some boost

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity