advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best routine I've ever done for growth, and hit chest and quads 3x/wk!!

I remember seeing a thread on here awhile back about drinking a gallon of whole milk/day. Well just out of curiosity I researched this so called "milk and squats diet" and not only did I check out the diet but there was also a program to go with it. Well I decided to do the program but minus all the milk. I'd be lying if I didnt drink a glass here and there, but not a whole gallon/day. Anyways, the program looked something like this

squats- couple warm up sets, followed by only 1 all out brutal set of 20 reps

bench press- couple warm up sets, followed by 2 sets of 6-8 reps (as heavy as you can go)

TRI SETTED (run through this tri set 3 times)

wide grip pullups- as many as you can do at a time

rest 1 min and then do a set of dips (as many as you can at a time, add 5lbs each workout)

situps- as many as you can at a time

So that is the workout, and I did it on Mon, Wed, and Fri. It's not really overtraining because your only doing a set or two on the heavy compound movements. But I got strong as fuck doing it for 6 weeks. I ate when I was hungry, slept when I was tired, and leaned towards the theory less sets is better than more. After 6 wks my bench went from 315/5 to 340/8!!! Squat progress was a little slower, when I started I could only do 405 for about 12 reps, after 6 wks I was doing 405 for 20 reps (breathing squats of course, and I'd wanna fall over after) I didn't do any curls, didnt do any rows, didnt do any tri pressdowns, or any other isolation shit really. I just now went back to traditional bodybuilding of 1 bodypart/wk, hoping to continue w/ gains as my quads/chest will have the extra rest now. But this little 6 wk program is definitely something I'm coming back to after I lean out some of my gains a bit. Just thought to share guys

NIce work..

Next-time try it with the "Gironda" shake and see if your gains are even better...

I've been contemplating a 6 week run similar to this myself soon...

if its a full squat like the program stipulates 405x20 is very impressive.

I remember seeing a thread on here awhile back about drinking a gallon of whole milk/day. Well just out of curiosity I researched this so called "milk and squats diet" and not only did I check out the diet but there was also a program to go with it. Well I decided to do the program but minus all the milk. I'd be lying if I didnt drink a glass here and there, but not a whole gallon/day. Anyways, the program looked something like this

squats- couple warm up sets, followed by only 1 all out brutal set of 20 reps

bench press- couple warm up sets, followed by 2 sets of 6-8 reps (as heavy as you can go)

TRI SETTED (run through this tri set 3 times)

wide grip pullups- as many as you can do at a time

rest 1 min and then do a set of dips (as many as you can at a time, add 5lbs each workout)

situps- as many as you can at a time

So that is the workout, and I did it on Mon, Wed, and Fri. It's not really overtraining because your only doing a set or two on the heavy compound movements. But I got strong as fuck doing it for 6 weeks. I ate when I was hungry, slept when I was tired, and leaned towards the theory less sets is better than more. After 6 wks my bench went from 315/5 to 340/8!!! Squat progress was a little slower, when I started I could only do 405 for about 12 reps, after 6 wks I was doing 405 for 20 reps (breathing squats of course, and I'd wanna fall over after) I didn't do any curls, didnt do any rows, didnt do any tri pressdowns, or any other isolation shit really. I just now went back to traditional bodybuilding of 1 bodypart/wk, hoping to continue w/ gains as my quads/chest will have the extra rest now. But this little 6 wk program is definitely something I'm coming back to after I lean out some of my gains a bit. Just thought to share guys

This is very identical to the workouts that I am doing now, and I am making the best gains of my life doing this shit. Hit the compounds, and hit them brutally hard, with HIGH weights and HIGH reps. It is extremly painful, but if you hit the compounds just twice a week, or 3 at most, with 20 rep sets (I do a total of 3 sets for compounds, one 20 rep warmup, a 20 rep mid set, and an all out 20 rep end set). For this, LESS is MORE!
Work out 2-3 times a week, don't go over 9 sets total and keep the rep range in the 20.
I STRONGLY recommend you drink a gallon of milk a day ( and NO I am NOT joking). Because this workout regime is brutal and intense, your body NEEDS all that insulin spiking sugar and nutrients from the milk in order to repair the damaged muscles and regenerate bone density (and it DOES take a toll with all of that weight). Don't drink any milk after 6pm (By then you should have downed a gllon), and your GOOD TO GO!
A while ago I did put up a post about drinking a gallon of milk a day, and everybody just laughed, mocked and scolded at me...but I was very serious about the milk being a miracle in helping me blow up 23 pounds of solid mass in less than 2 months.
Just try the gallon of milk a day, along with that workout regime. You CAN'T go wrong with it....TRUST ME....

I've done somthing similar, to be honest, I did get a little fat, but it was by far the stongest that I have ever been and my strength went up fast, as did my training partner's.

I would add something like 2.5lbs per side on the BP every workout and hardly ever missed. It takes a lot of meditation on rest days.

I've done somthing similar, to be honest, I did get a little fat, but it was by far the stongest that I have ever been and my strength went up fast, as did my training partner's.

I would add something like 2.5lbs per side on the BP every workout and hardly ever missed. It takes a lot of meditation on rest days.

I went up 5 lbs every workout on my bench every week and never missed, did this for 6 wks

awesome..think I'll give it a try. So are you supposed to drink the milk throughout the day or al at once like pwo? If thats even possible without puking it up lol

The book is called Super Squats. Do a search online for it. The book is a great read and really give you the 20 set breathing squat routine in full detail including diet and preworkout meditation. The whole purpose is to expand your rib cage. Its to take a weight you can do 10 reps with and do 20 by taking as many deep breaths inbetween reps as needed to accomplish this. This then should be followed by dumbbell pullovers.
If you want the routine drop me a IM. The milk all depends were your body fat % is as this can make you fat adding an extra 1600-3500 cals a day depending on what milk you drink.
But again people are missing the advantages of hypertrophy training a bodypart less than 2x a week.

TJB or any of you Bro's, Having read Unleashing the wild phisique many years ago and still refering to it now and again, I still don't know exactly wtf the exact ingredients are for the Gironda shake. I know it's something to do with half and half but please one of you bro's give us the lowdown on half and half of what (milk and cream)? Cheers!

This is very identical to the workouts that I am doing now, and I am making the best gains of my life doing this shit. Hit the compounds, and hit them brutally hard, with HIGH weights and HIGH reps. It is extremly painful, but if you hit the compounds just twice a week, or 3 at most, with 20 rep sets (I do a total of 3 sets for compounds, one 20 rep warmup, a 20 rep mid set, and an all out 20 rep end set). For this, LESS is MORE!
Work out 2-3 times a week, don't go over 9 sets total and keep the rep range in the 20.
I STRONGLY recommend you drink a gallon of milk a day ( and NO I am NOT joking). Because this workout regime is brutal and intense, your body NEEDS all that insulin spiking sugar and nutrients from the milk in order to repair the damaged muscles and regenerate bone density (and it DOES take a toll with all of that weight). Don't drink any milk after 6pm (By then you should have downed a gllon), and your GOOD TO GO!
A while ago I did put up a post about drinking a gallon of milk a day, and everybody just laughed, mocked and scolded at me...but I was very serious about the milk being a miracle in helping me blow up 23 pounds of solid mass in less than 2 months.
Just try the gallon of milk a day, along with that workout regime. You CAN'T go wrong with it....TRUST ME....

what is this 'solid mass' comprised of?

if you didn't gain 23 pounds of lean muscle in two months then what did you gain?

BFU

I would change one thing: One day you do squats and the next you do deadlifts. But of course you shouldn´t make changes until you plateau

As a novice lifter...

I've gone from about 214 to 243 in the last 20 weeks using a very similar approach (Starting Strength plus milk).

I can never get past about 3 quarts of milk a day (plus a maintenance diet of solid food) and it turns me into a urine machine (1500 calories per week excess with a really good macro balance). It will not make you lean by any stretch of the imagination but as a beginner I can certainly put on more muscle than fat with this kind of excess.

The extra calories definitely improve recovery. I find that the muscle size increase lags my strength peak by about 8 weeks and that I have to reset (drop 30%) on a linear program every 8 weeks. My strength peaks and I get to the point where I'm not feeling in control on squats, bench.

My back and legs are quite a bit more developed than any of the movements using my shoulders (injury recovery) so I'm finding that my squats and deads are being limited by my shoulders/arms. I'm seeing steady increases in my maxes for pressing and my pulling/squating is getting significantly more controlled (no more wobbly knees and wiggly back) even though I'm not blowing away my max lifts like I'd like to.

The only problem I see with programs/diets like these are that they can be TOO effective for those of us with untrained tendons or loose shoulders/joint issues. The strength and muscle increase can and does out pace the tendons/ligaments ability to deal with an OOPS! A loss of concentration and a little wiggle can screw up a couple of weeks of training. I'm currently finishing a week of nursing a minor strain in my arm. Ice, liniment, massage and tensors have become close friends.

So YES this approach is darn effective but be careful. If anyone can point me at some tendon magic to go with the magic of basic lifts plus a gallon of milk a day (GoMAD) I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Bob.

Last edited:
This is "old school" and a very productive way to train.

The man who is responsible for getting me started
weight training (more years ago than I care to remember)
was a big advocate of 3X per week training the entire
body, doing a routine very similar to what you have
outlined except he added some concentrated arm work.

And during each and every workout you had to consume
1 gallon of whole milk.

Though I never had the opportunity to train under him
for an entire summer like many other people I knew,
the lucky ones that did, and hung in there and survived, made
remarkable, unbelievable progress. One young man who
was a good friend of mine at the time, who did train with him
in his garage (yes, we trained in his garage with very basic
equipment) for an entire summer, I did not recognize when
I returned home from being away all summer working. His
improvements were that dramatic. He could not get his thighs
in his pant legs anymore and I just could not believe it was the
same person when he took his shirt off.

He was a huge advocate of big, 20 rep squats, but also did bench
presses, chins and dips. He was also a big advocate of "the pump"
when it came to working arms. Getting a huge pump was very very
important. And he did not neglect forearm training. We would
spend a large amount of time working them with all sorts of special
fat bars he had made. His hand a grip strength was just out of this
world. He could grasp, and hold on to any part of your body and literally
do anything he wanted to do with you once he had you in his grasp.
It was that all powerful and intimidating. He was the last person in the
world you would ever want to mess with. And he sure knew how to
make people big, strong, muscular, and functional.

One of the most important things I will never forget is his stressing the
power of the mind. He always thought, preached, and believed that the
most anabolic organ in the body was the brain.

I could go on and on but don't want to bore everybody.

Bore? this is one of the best posts i have read in a while - i am totally intrigued.

Please will you start a thread detailing these stories and just add posts when you have the time or inclination?

I bet many here would be very interested too. :)

Brook

Does large amounts of dairy mess with estrogen levels? I can see how you can get the extra calories but doesnt milk contain a lot of fat?

I believe the "Gironda Shake" is half & half with raw eggs mixed in.

Breathing squats supersetted with heavy pullovers is a workout that all young trainees should engage in.

I would change one thing: One day you do squats and the next you do deadlifts. But of course you shouldn´t make changes until you plateau

This is exactly what I did after 6 wks. I did squats for 6 wks straight, and now i'm doing deads for 6 wks straight. The milk would cause some nasty sides like lethargy, possible acne, hard on breathing, etc, but if you could stick to it for 6 wks straight and deal with all that shit it would drop off fast once you went back to eating clean again and hitting your cardio. It's only 6 wks, you wont get that fat if you were lean to begin with.

Answer...

TJB or any of you Bro's, Having read Unleashing the wild phisique many years ago and still refering to it now and again, I still don't know exactly wtf the exact ingredients are for the Gironda shake. I know it's something to do with half and half but please one of you bro's give us the lowdown on half and half of what (milk and cream)? Cheers!

Vince Gironda’s Hormone Precursor Shake

1.5 cups half and half
12 raw fertile eggs
1 cup milk & egg protein powder (your choice flavor)
1 banana

Work up to as many of these shakes as you can blast during the day. Vince recommended 2 to 3 and drinking it all day for serious mass gaining...

::tar-wars

what is this 'solid mass' comprised of?

if you didn't gain 23 pounds of lean muscle in two months then what did you gain?

BFU

As much as I want to say that I gained 23 pounds of "lean" muscle without being ridiculed as this being set by other people's minds as "impossible" to achieve without drugs, but nontheless, in my mind it's "possible" and it DID work. The brain is the most anabolic organ of the body and THAT is a FACT. You set your own fucking limitations!!!
Allow me to rephrase that:
I gained 23 pounds of clean, solid, 100% muscle weight and lost 2% bodyfat in the process. Please keep in mind that muscle memory came into play here, when I started a little over a couple of months ago, before that, I had not trained for a whole entire year...but when I started again, I ate like a motherfucker, drank the gallon of milk a day, did a ton of cardio, and made tremendous gains without AAS. Also keep in mind that I do not have a job or anything to least resemble a social life, so I was able to put 100% maximum possible effort into sleeping, eating, and working out as hard and smart as I possibly could.
Now that I have the mass I need, I have focused on hardening, conditioning, and leaning out, still eating and drinking milk, but only working out twice a week, one day squats and the other deadlifts and clean and jerks (all compound movements that place full stress on the entire body). And training anaerobically on the 800 meter track in 6 set intervals of all out running twice around the track, with only 1 minute break to catch breathe in between. THAT is defining a new boundary of BRUTALITY in conditioning.
Bottom line:
In the gym LESS IS MORE and in the food department, MORE IS BETTER.
So SHUT UP and pour out a tall glass of delicious milky and GROW or GO HOME!

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner