over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best Shoes for Heavyweights?

bomb401

Registered
I may not be a heavyweight but I'm 230 lb now and not even 6 ft and my heels are just killing me just from walking. What shoes are the best? Do you guys buy aftermarket insoles or what?

I invested in a sweet pair of boots. Never take them off. I destroy tennis shoes.

Either that, or the minimal style shoes (or vibrams). Don't really wear anything in between.

You'd be surprised (after you adjust) how much better you feel with minimal style shoe.

5'10'' 245

Also, don't neglect soft tissue work on the bottom of your feet. Will also help a ton.

Last edited:
Asics gels for sure, the gel doesn't pack out, all other foam based substances will.

You need to go to a good running store and get the correct type of shoe for your foot. There is no shoe or boot technology even close to the technology in running shoes. They are essentially "generic orthotics."

This is even for people who never run.

Last edited:
i like adidas

:delete:

I wear Nike shox and never any problems. For work boots I use Whites or redwings. For winter boots Baffins. I have also found if you rotate your shoes like a different pair every couPle days they don't wear out so fast support wise

For cardio/running i bought a good paid of assics runners and they are realy good, for weights i have a pair of Otomix and they are the single most comfortable shoe ive ever had! Im 6'10 and 134kg.

For lifting get mike Romaleos. They will improve your support and lifts. They are hard soled and don't sink under weight.

My Reebok Zigtech's are the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned. I'm on my feet a lot and they are the best. Garbage for training though.

My Reebok Zigtech's are the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned. I'm on my feet a lot and they are the best. Garbage for training though.

use Asics for running but love my nike for weigh training

Asics gels for sure, the gel doesn't pack out, all other foam based substances will.

You need to go to a good running store and get the correct type of shoe for your foot. There is no shoe or boot technology even close to the technology in running shoes. They are essentially "generic orthotics."

This is even for people who never run.

I should add that a good running shoe isn't necessarily best for lifting, it can be too soft and "shifty" but they are the best for everyday wearing, walking, working, etc!

I really like my reebok zig's for daily use but i love my under armours for training also have some new balance minimus for legs days.

Love my puma

For lifting you need an Olympic shoe. They make squats and deads so much better.

It is hard to beat a good pair of asics GT2140 or 50's is what I usually get.
6'0 usually walk around at 240-250, not huge ifbb huge but you know lol. My heels used to kill me at work too but i got a pair of Timberland ProSeries, anyone required to where steel toes need to check this line up out......

I may not be a heavyweight but I'm 230 lb now and not even 6 ft and my heels are just killing me just from walking. What shoes are the best? Do you guys buy aftermarket insoles or what?

Nike, mate

Powerstep inserts. They're the only thing recommended by foot doctors besides custom orthodics. Once I started weighing over 230, I had to wear them in all my shoes. Shoes and inserts are not supposed to be soft and swishy. They need to support the curvature of your feet which is what the powersteps do. You can get them on Amazon. You won't be disappointed

I use the otomix boots they flat and have ankle support

do you sport them with Zubaz or hot skins, and do you do the colored laces to match your socks?;)

why the need for special shoes? ive been to 290-300 and never needed a special shoe, although all the fat may have been cushioning me. get a decent pair of nikes or something similar or if you want something flat sole with a good bottom buy some cheap ass chuck taylor's

I don't think he is talking about training shoes - if he is, Chuck Taylors all the way for me...

If you're talking about walking around shoes, I'm not an expert or anything but I sold athletic footwear for a while, and I am also about 230 lbs and have experienced something similiar. Go to a Dick's and try on Brooks, Asics, and Mizuno RUNNING shoes - these, from my experience, are great to walk around in and won't hurt your feet - they're made to take a beating and to save your body as much pain as possible. This idea of "cross-trainers," IE Underarmour, Nike, etc. "trainers" are a shitty compromise - no lateral support, arch support, and very little cushion, but that doesn't mean the kid at Dick's or wherever won't try to get you in a pair. I wear Brooks Adrenaline II - $120 or so when I bought them but they're awesome for walking around in. If I'm going to the movies I'm wearing Jordans (because I'm a bad ass like that :)), but if I'm taking a walk with the old lady I wear the Brooks - no more shin splints or foot pain. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131