over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lifting Shoes

slesh

Registered
Need something for leg day. I love wearing my J’s to the gym but I have flat as fuck feet and terrible ankle flexion. Biggest issue is I have a tough time using my heel versus pressing with my toes on various squats and presses. For those of y’all that wear them any recommendations? I was eye balling these:

If you’re looking for a dedicated squat shoe with a slight heel, Nike Romaleos are great. Nike Metcons are also great if you’re looking for a more versatile lifting shoe.

I’ve tried Nobulls offerings and thought they were just fair - on par with Chuck Taylor’s but 2x the cost.

If you’re looking for a dedicated squat shoe with a slight heel, Nike Romaleos are great. Nike Metcons are also great if you’re looking for a more versatile lifting shoe.

I’ve tried Nobulls offerings and thought they were just fair - on par with Chuck Taylor’s but 2x the cost.
Looking for a major heel to toe drop

Looking for a major heel to toe drop
I would go Romaleos and don’t look back. They’re the benchmark for a reason.

My feet are flatter than flat, combine that with weighing 300lbs and I more than understand your issue. These shoes made a huge difference in my mobility, balance and overall connection. Worth every penny.

I would go Romaleos and don’t look back. They’re the benchmark for a reason.

My feet are flatter than flat, combine that with weighing 300lbs and I more than understand your issue. These shoes made a huge difference in my mobility, balance and overall connection. Worth every penny.
Thanks homie - much appreciated.

When I don't forget them or not to lazy I wear these bad boys.
1000004170.jpg

Are those strappy ones comfortable? They look like they could be

I'm not up to date on shoes now, but a decade ago, Nike Romaleos had the biggest heel to toe drop.

Looking on Reddit, many oly lifters feel the Romaleos 2 remain the best Nike Romaleos shoe. The Romaleos 2's appear to be more appreciated by oly style lifters than the 3's or 4's.

Adidas shoes, from what I remember, often have a narrow toe box. The toe box on the Nike Romaleos 2's are nice and wide.

A general recommendation for weightlifting shoes is to buy a half-size smaller than what you normally wear. Or something like that.

I've been using the Nike Romeo 4s for the last 6 months and can't fault them. Previously used Reebok lifters and they were good but since trying the Nike I wouldn't to back

Metcon 8s are okay but tend to wear out quickly in my experience

I use the TYR's. They are a godsend. Wide natural shape toe box

The TYR's are going give you the most toe box room and they have one of the best "Effective Heel Height" at 21mm. The Do-Win's are right behind them as far as toe box room, but the heel drop is less at 19mm. Both the Adidas AdiPower's and the Reebok Legacy's have the highest heel height at 22mm, and the Nike Romaleos have a 20mm heel height. Both Adidas and Nike are going to have a slightly narrower toe box. I have both a pair of Adidas (custom 25.4mm heel height) and Reebok (22mm) lifting shoes and I still squat in boots, my boots have an inch and a half of heel lift, 38mm. If I were to buy another pair of Oly lifting shoes it would be a pair of the TYR's, I have a wide forefoot, so I want a wide toe box with the most effective heel height.

it seems that the latest trend is to train without shoes

I have plenty of Jordan’s but found they were not the best lifting shoe.

Nike’s lifters are actually probably still one of my favorite given the fit and heel.

Lately (as you can see in my latest pics) I got some Nobull Impact Trainer+ shoes for practically nothing so have been trying them out. I used to hate Nobull, but since they’ve changed the material and this particular style is awesome for pulling lifts and leg day.

Regardless of the shoe if I am trying to change the focus or heel on lifting days lately I’ll utilize a 2.5 or 5 pound plate to elevate my heel or toe depending on the movement.

I am a sneaker head so have all brands and types. I’ve yet to find the unicorn shoe. 😂

WhatsApp Bild 2024-02-13 um 14.31.41_7ecc1c32.jpg

I bought those Adidas Powerlifting Shoes over a decade ago. Still look good. I like the heel lift, and I don't find the toe box too small (I walk around barefoot or with barefoot shoes, so my toes are wide as fuck).
I just wear 'em on Leg Days though. Don't even remember the price, they were not expensive. Worth the investment, looks like those shoes last me until am 6 feet under 😂

I also would suggest Romaleos. I have a pair of Romaleos 2 that was for powerlifting but still use for all squats & variations. Provide great support, reliable and last a long time, never had any injuries to knees or ankles.

If you have a problem with getting into deep squats due to your ankles, my previous PL coach used to use adidas leistungs and recommended them for ankle flexion/ ankle mobility issues. I’ve always wanted a pair because the heel in squat shoes really does make a noticeable difference, but can’t get ahold of them where I live.

I have been training in water shoes for the last 10+ years. About as natural as i can find and my wide feet like them. And they don't hinder me when training calves.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131