over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Study on fasted lifting

If by training fasted you mean no consuiming any calories then I've never done that ina very long time and when i did i ended up with a headache half way through training.
But if you mean just training before any meals then absolutely. Like others have stated i actually feel better training withna totally empty stomach and bowels but ill still have my Intra-workout shake with carbs , EAA.
The only time i noticed my strength or endurance wasn't as good was if i was dieting hard but even then the evening workout were suffering
How many g of p and c are you getting in the shake?

You take care of yourself out there bud. Coming home every night is what’s most important. You have a good weekend!
So many fat lazy people in this world half don't even work...we support them... people in the gym working their mouth being social or working their thumb scrolling... thinking it's cool and positive to be in the gym but not actually doing jack... reading your posts is definitely inspirational...esp when im feeling burnt out with work gym stress , then i see your post...kinda puts things in perspective...mad props...some people just know how to grind...many including me couldn't do half of what you do....and no caffeine. I bet the logging helps you stay lean as fuck too.

How many g of p and c are you getting in the shake?
My intra workout shake is
20g EAA , 50g Carbs (Gatorade) 10g creatine , 10g Glutamine , 10g Citrulline malate and 20ml glycerin.
If I were trying to add size training fasted then id probably add in some more carbs from HBCD just to keep a steady BG level.
NOTE: i start sipping on this on way way to the gym.

Curious to what people think about this? I know training fasted isn't "optimal" but alot of people still do it with success due to work schedule, they don't like the feeling of a full stomach, or whatever reason. I typically train after a large p+c meal but dis a couple workouts fasted and definitely felt more focused and like I had a better pump. These were my volume days obviously if I did a heavy day, and the study shows, probably going to lift less. But it didn't show any less gains when training fasted...and of course studies don't tell all, but looking up old threads alot of people report gaining just fine when training fasted.

Just curious people's current thoughts ran across this when looking on YouTube. Obviously if someone is training fasted a fast digested p+c meal after is a good idea. I've heard of people training fasted and using tne or drol pre, then some r type slin with the post large p+c meal to shuttle things into the muscles now that they are depleted.
Well this research is kind of stupid. They took Muslim men who were participating in ramadan, which means they don’t eat nor DRINK from surise till sundown. In summer this could be from 4 am till 10 pm. So it could be up to 18 hours of no food and no drink. They are majorly dehydrated and underfed.

So unless you stop eating and drinking 8-10 hours before you go to sleep and train fasted after that, you should not worry. Just drink some water with elektrolytes and EAA’s upon waking and you’ll be good

I’ve trained fasted, usually between 10 and 15 hours fasted, for over a decade. I’m as big as I want to be and have been for many years. Forever cutting actually. Plus, how would you even feel any preworkout stims with food in your stomach!?

The study shows pretty much what i would have guessed. But to acclimate to fasted training may take more then 1 month. I have done by best lifting after at least 2-3 meals. Now that i am older have spent some time doing fasted training and for smaller body parts like arms it is doable. But even after a couple months lifting fasted means lighter weights for me with major body parts.

I’ve trained fasted, usually between 10 and 15 hours fasted, for over a decade. I’m as big as I want to be and have been for many years. Forever cutting actually. Plus, how would you even feel any preworkout stims with food in your stomach!?
Have you not gained any muscle in 10 years or when did the gains stop?

Show me a mass monster or any heavy bodybuilder or even classic who trains on an empty stomach...

It's ok if it's enough for you to be an average guy from the gym with a good shape who impresses on the beach, but not for a competitor - of course, I know that 90% here are the first guys, so for them there is nothing wrong with training on an empty stomach

You can be a mass monster easily enough if you train in the morning prior to a meal. Fasted ? No.

Hgh + insulin pre workout, Intra workout carbs+ something like 15g EAA +10-15g hydro whey, and honestly I’d add in 5g of MCT fat just to slow everything down a TINY bit since your pinning insulin on empty (also why a little whey with EAAs isn’t a bad idea.

Basically your eating meal one while lifting. I’ve done this many times during growth phases and it works. (I like humulin R 30 minutes pre workout if doing the early sessions. It plays nicer with blood sugar). And your whole food meal post lift will catch some the tail of the humulin R

You can be a mass monster easily enough if you train in the morning prior to a meal. Fasted ? No.

Hgh + insulin pre workout, Intra workout carbs+ something like 15g EAA +10-15g hydro whey, and honestly I’d add in 5g of MCT fat just to slow everything down a TINY bit since your pinning insulin on empty (also why a little whey with EAAs isn’t a bad idea.

Basically your eating meal one while lifting. I’ve done this many times during growth phases and it works. (I like humulin R 30 minutes pre workout if doing the early sessions. It plays nicer with blood sugar). And your whole food meal post lift will catch some the tail of the humulin R
This is my go-to strategy when I’m not cutting tbh.

I’ll train fasted with an ass-load of EAAs when cutting, but any time I’m maintaining or growing, it’s premeal with slin, HBCD, EAA, and some whey isolate intra.

Another humulin R poke and a big meal right after.

So, my biggest meal is before bed..and I only sleep like 4-6 hours..and I workout as soon as I wake up..so, that’s about as fasted as I get..but! If I get a normal meal anywhere close to training it’s always terrible..I always feel like shit

I always set 2-3 hours no food pre gym I don’t like the food pulling blood from my muscles or that it’s slows whatever I’m drinking from working fast , even water.

Think this is the first time I agree with you 👀😅

What a person is comfortable with and what may be what is optimal for growth can be 2 different things. I find generally what a person is willing to apply themselves to works the best.

I almost always train fasted or at least two hours after a meal so my stomach doesn’t get upset by training.

Show me a mass monster or any heavy bodybuilder or even classic who trains on an empty stomach...

It's ok if it's enough for you to be an average guy from the gym with a good shape who impresses on the beach, but not for a competitor - of course, I know that 90% here are the first guys, so for them there is nothing wrong with training on an empty stomach
People who you can “name” are most likely professionals who do this for a living. They train whenever they want since training is priority in their day. I train sometimes early mornings and there are some big fuckers there at that time. Guys who work construction or other blue collar

People who you can “name” are most likely professionals who do this for a living. They train whenever they want since training is priority in their day. I train sometimes early mornings and there are some big fuckers there at that time. Guys who work construction or other blue collar
I'm talking about bodybuilders because after all, they are "professionalmuscle"

I can see this from both angles and the definition of "fasting" makes a big difference. I put on most of my muscle training fasted...but I was eating 4,000-6,000 calories a day. You can go 12-16 hours with no food but if you are consuming that many calories a day and training hard you will grow. Think about the fact it takes 4-6 hours to fully digest ~30 grams of protein from steak. Heck it's 2-3 hours alone to clear your stomach.

My fasting training would include a 7pm meal of around 8-10 ounces of beef and cottage cheese and ~100 grams of carbs. That alone would probably take 4-6 hours to fully clear my stomach and your going to have circulating amino acids for 10-12+ hours. I then train at 5am drinking EAA's and electrolyte mix (so not technically 100% fasted as they do contain calories). A fasted workout in that situation isn't really like someone Ramadan fasting like this study. It's totally different.

My best growth was often from that time period with pre sleep massive meals (about 2 hours before sleeping), early morning training, and then eating large sums of food all day. You are basically training and then shoveling food down all day after training and that massive pre bed meal will have you plenty well nourished for a morning workout.

I can see this from both angles and the definition of "fasting" makes a big difference. I put on most of my muscle training fasted...but I was eating 4,000-6,000 calories a day. You can go 12-16 hours with no food but if you are consuming that many calories a day and training hard you will grow. Think about the fact it takes 4-6 hours to fully digest ~30 grams of protein from steak. Heck it's 2-3 hours alone to clear your stomach.

My fasting training would include a 7pm meal of around 8-10 ounces of beef and cottage cheese and ~100 grams of carbs. That alone would probably take 4-6 hours to fully clear my stomach and your going to have circulating amino acids for 10-12+ hours. I then train at 5am drinking EAA's and electrolyte mix (so not technically 100% fasted as they do contain calories). A fasted workout in that situation isn't really like someone Ramadan fasting like this study. It's totally different.

My best growth was often from that time period with pre sleep massive meals (about 2 hours before sleeping), early morning training, and then eating large sums of food all day. You are basically training and then shoveling food down all day after training and that massive pre bed meal will have you plenty well nourished for a morning workout.
I agree, but what's the point of training lifting on an empty stomach when you can drink a mixture of isolate/peptopro + waxymaze before and the same during training just maybe switch carb source to dextrose - you don't need time to drink the cocktail and it won't cause a heavy stomach and we will be in a more anabolic state than after a whole night without it eating even when we have a large meal for dinner

I get the idea behind fasted lifting... some feel better... some think it increases performance... some think it burns more fat... some like me who do it prefer to save our precious calories to "feast" post workout because intermittent fasting and a few large meals satisfy us more than snaller meals... convenient to not eat for am lifting

My question...I see a lot of people use a little shake or raw and electrolytes pre...but no carbs not even Gatorade.

If someone is going to take in protein pre... meaning not truly fasted...why not also add a small amount of fast digestion carbs?

So fast ..or get a light meal of fast digestion carbs and protein. What is the rationale between taking in a little eaa or protein and not bothering to add a little bit of carbs?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity