over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep distal tendon tear

Lots of guys never get the surgery, including me. If you plan to compete, you need the surgery. If not, then you have a decision to make. Are you an older guy? Can you live with the gap at the bottom of your bicep and weakened muscle (my gaps aren't too bad, but some roll up pretty far)).I ended up losing about 30% of my dumbell curl strength. I was curling 60's...now down to 40's.
if you can live with that ...don't bother with the surgery. I tore mine (both of them) when I was 50. (I'm 55 now) and I just live with it...no competing.

If you don’t fix it it will look weird. I tore my completly. Had it reattached. 7-8 months and tons of rehab it was near 100% had I not fixed it my training would have been over

^^^dang ..sorry to hear this brother

seen a few of these "limb" muscle tears over the years & it's like AG above says
depending on the severity of the tear, if you don't fix it;
..it will look strange
..it will contract & "ball" in a odd manner
..will likely lose some strength/function

completely out of curiosity; what were you doing when you tore it?
(..seen a few tear a bi dead-lifting ..gotta keep those arms straight)

regardless, hope you get right quick

PS: def some PEPs that could help speed up the process

I was throwing 80-90 feet of 3/16 steel cable across a wide creek and as I threw it it hung op on a root and snapped my arm back. I was working in the woods logging old growth timber. I still to this day in over 30 yrs of weight training have never once been injured training. Only been hurt working and playing football

^^^dang ..sorry to hear this brother

seen a few of these "limb" muscle tears over the years & it's like AG above says
depending on the severity of the tear, if you don't fix it;
..it will look strange
..it will contract & "ball" in a odd manner
..will likely lose some strength/function

completely out of curiosity; what were you doing when you tore it?
(..seen a few tear a bi dead-lifting ..gotta keep those arms straight)

regardless, hope you get right quick

PS: def some PEPs that could help speed up the process
Just grappling. Someone went to put there arm between mine and my side and all of a sudden it popped 3 times. Mine happened Thursday. I wasn't able to bend my arm Friday at the doctors. Surprisingly I am able to bend it today and less pain. My concern is losing my range of motion. Losing your strength would suck. I am only 33 years old and I'm not planning on competing.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn’t you want the surgery?

6 months of recovery
I'll lose my job
I had a guy that worked for me that's about your age have the same injury. Will the incision be just above the elbow? He was a strong guy and the recovery time wasn't as long as the dr.s told him. Prob 2 months. Not getting the surgery would have screwed up his future earnings.

I had a guy that worked for me that's about your age have the same injury. Will the incision be just above the elbow? He was a strong guy and the recovery time wasn't as long as the dr.s told him. Prob 2 months. Not getting the surgery would have screwed up his future earnings.
I believe so. I didn't ask enough questions. I was really upset and it was a freak accident

I believe so. I didn't ask enough questions. I was really upset and it was a freak accident
I'm waiting for this guy to text me back and I'll get his details. It was a few years ago so I don't recall the timeline specifically but I put him back to work on light duty really quick. I'll let you know.

3 quick pops...yep. Exactly the way mine sounded. Preacher bench. That tendon will roll up some and fuse to the bone once again...it's anyone's guess as to how far it'll go. Some are worse than others. I was lucky that they didn't roll too far up.

I had a partial tear in my right bi , I didn't have any surgery just a ton of rehab.
My strength is not quite what my left arm is but fully functional , if does have a significant gap at the bottom and it's very noticeable when posing

3 quick pops...yep. Exactly the way mine sounded. Preacher bench. That tendon will roll up some and fuse to the bone once again...it's anyone's guess as to how far it'll go. Some are worse than others. I was lucky that they didn't roll too far up.
Mine has barely rolled up

I had a partial tear in my right bi , I didn't have any surgery just a ton of rehab.
My strength is not quite what my left arm is but fully functional , if does have a significant gap at the bottom and it's very noticeable when posing
I'm wondering if mine is a partial. Doctor said I don't need an MRI. He know's it's torn

I'm wondering if mine is a partial. Doctor said I don't need an MRI. He know's it's torn
My orthopedic felt it and did a physical examination , explained what happen then 3 days later an MRI showed exactly what he said it was. The way mine separated he said that surgery wouldn't do much and I'd probably lose some range of motion on the extended portion.

if it tore completely u r lucky.
i partially tore mine and arm never the same and doc said u cant fix a partially torn bicep. he explained it as its like a frayed rope.
it pretty much took me out of the sport and i hate lifting bc of it.
-F

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity