over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bloated face/water weight

swim15

Registered
I was always naturally an ecto. Sat at about 140lbs at 6'1 until I started lifting and eating. Took me shoveling everything I could for a few years to get up to 200lbs. Fast forward and my metabolism has slowed but still eat a fair amount and maintain on about 3500 cals.

Currently around 6'1 and 230lbs at 8% bf. Since gaining weight I've had major problems with water weight especially in my face. In order to lift at high intensity and get through workouts I eat around 250-300g carbs maintenance which isn't a ton and dropping down doesn't seem to help all that much.

However, I have to get pretty fucking lean for my face to drop the water and see a solid jaw line (my glutes almost have to be in). When I get down to 5-6% and drop a few lbs of water my face looks solid but not wanting to stay that lean year around.

Anyone have this issue or find things that help? Was thinking about 12.5mg HCTZ qam to try and get some of the water off.

I was always naturally an ecto. Sat at about 140lbs at 6'1 until I started lifting and eating. Took me shoveling everything I could for a few years to get up to 200lbs. Fast forward and my metabolism has slowed but still eat a fair amount and maintain on about 3500 cals.

Currently around 6'1 and 230lbs at 8% bf. Since gaining weight I've had major problems with water weight especially in my face. In order to lift at high intensity and get through workouts I eat around 250-300g carbs maintenance which isn't a ton and dropping down doesn't seem to help all that much.

However, I have to get pretty fucking lean for my face to drop the water and see a solid jaw line (my glutes almost have to be in). When I get down to 5-6% and drop a few lbs of water my face looks solid but not wanting to stay that lean year around.

Anyone have this issue or find things that help? Was thinking about 12.5mg HCTZ qam to try and get some of the water off.

Diazide is a better option since it's potassium sparring.

I am a ecto myself and have to look out with wet compounds also I eat less carbs on roids.

Maybe carb high and low days will help.

I I go back on maintenance after bulk I always drop alot of water.

I would tend to agree since everyone online has such a warped notion of body fat but even being within 10lbs of stage weight my face retains a lot of water and I mean striated glutes when I mean stage weight

You may have high estrogen? Doesn't take much, get tested or take Anastrozole. Sucks that test converts to estrogen.

You may have high estrogen? Doesn't take much, get tested or take Anastrozole. Sucks that test converts to estrogen.

Yea I was thinking about upping AI dose. I dont *need an AI really in terms of symptoms until about 800mg a week or so but Im running 600mg now with .5mg adex eod-e3d. I'll try upping it some just in case to see if it helps- only reason I was avoiding it was to keep sex drive where it is

Post a picture of this lean body and bloated face.

Post a picture of this lean body and bloated face.

Normally I'd say no because a fair number of people in the industry that could pick me out but I can crop a picture to just my torso if that helps. Obviously you can't judge my face but, I know what lean and bloated is for my face.

I'm not that lean as I've been bulking but I'll let you guys decide the bf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
In4pics of a bloated face @ 8%

...on someone besides an ifbb pro ;)
Aaron Clark can carry some facial roundness and under chin water at pretty low bf....Dat juice. He's even joked about "double chin" on one of his videos. No diss to Aaron Clark though, he's a bad bad Leroy Brown!

Last edited:
Well, in that pic, you look pretty damn good. If your face is bloated as you say, then you have to deal with that.
Nice job btw.

Well, in that pic, you look pretty damn good. If your face is bloated as you say, then you have to deal with that.
Nice job btw.

Appreciate it dude. It kills me. My cheeks will stay pretty damn puffy as well as the area under my neck until I drop about 10 more lbs and then it all goes away overnight almost.

you are 9.312%bf.....

:cool:

you are 9.312%bf.....

:cool:

Bullshit! Even 9%! (Actually 9 is an odd number, you get the point, lol)

Lol, gotta admit, pretty lean there, if he doesn't like his face at that bf, he has to get over it.

Last edited:
When I prep for a show, my face still stays full and round till about 4 weeks out lol then after that its full skeletor face. Maybe it's genetics? My mom is Korean and a tiny lady but has a full moon face we call it lol

Seriously? You think you look bloated? Come hang out with me for a few weeks on your next mass cycle and we will hit the all you can eat buffet circuit. I'll teach you the meaning of the word bloated.....lol

Tons of vitamin C like 10000 mg per day
And 2 maybe 3 days per week 0 carbs preferably on non training days.

Ya its unresearched bro science but it works for me ?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ndsabvra
NapsGear