over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blowing things off. Something to think about

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Tonight ive had 2 people contact me by PM. They have been having symptoms that could be related to heart problems and made the decision to stop blowing it off and go see a doc. Many of us blow this stuff off and think that oh once I get off for awhile everything will go back to normal. Problem is many times they do not. I used to be one of those guys. I had high blood pressure when on, so took bp meds to bring it down. I had high hematocrit, so ended up having to draw my own blood down in the basement. They wouldnt take it at the blood bank because my hematocrit was too high. You wouldnt believe the volumes I had to remove to get it down to normal. I did that and more just to allow myself to keep on a cycle. All of the ancillaries to control the sides etc. In the end none of it saved me. All I had to do was stop using. Solution was simple.
Now I know what happend to me is not what happens to the average user, and that I had an immense misfortune. Problem is, nobody ever thinks its going to happen to them. Reality is that it will happen to a select few. Moderation is the key, and genetics play a role too. Problem I think is that nobody can know what risks their genetics put them at, and how do you decide what is mild or moderate usage for yourself? All bodies are different, and we all react in different ways. It is a unpredictable experiment we play on ourselves.
Those that go in to get looked at early on when physical problems first start are the ones that stand the biggest chance on avoiding problems.

well said....

Tonight ive had 2 people contact me by PM. They have been having symptoms that could be related to heart problems and made the decision to stop blowing it off and go see a doc. Many of us blow this stuff off and think that oh once I get off for awhile everything will go back to normal. Problem is many times they do not. I used to be one of those guys. I had high blood pressure when on, so took bp meds to bring it down. I had high hematocrit, so ended up having to draw my own blood down in the basement. They wouldnt take it at the blood bank because my hematocrit was too high. You wouldnt believe the volumes I had to remove to get it down to normal. I did that and more just to allow myself to keep on a cycle. All of the ancillaries to control the sides etc. In the end none of it saved me. All I had to do was stop using. Solution was simple.
Now I know what happend to me is not what happens to the average user, and that I had an immense misfortune. Problem is, nobody ever thinks its going to happen to them. Reality is that it will happen to a select few. Moderation is the key, and genetics play a role too. Problem I think is that nobody can know what risks their genetics put them at, and how do you decide what is mild or moderate usage for yourself? All bodies are different, and we all react in different ways. It is a unpredictable experiment we play on ourselves.
Those that go in to get looked at early on when physical problems first start are the ones that stand the biggest chance on avoiding problems.

So true. Unfortunately many don't get it checked early. The ant hill has now become a big mountain. Denial and procrastination are the things that will make the sick sicker. GOOD POST Maldorf. Thank you. Take care.

MS

So true. Unfortunately many don't get it checked early. The ant hill has now become a big mountain. Denial and procrastination are the things that will make the sick sicker. GOOD POST Maldorf. Thank you. Take care.

MS

Yes, denial plays a big part here. Glad you mentioned that. I do not think its mere procrastination, but we use that as an excuse.

The doc I saw today, a cardiologist, has helped other guys on AAS with their heart troubles too. One was a professional football player here. The link to Mike Matarazzo's interview about his heat attack is here for those that havent heard it yet. http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41685

Maldorf:

Anything new from this cardiologist? I go back on June 22, I was scheduled for last week and they had a foul up in the office with the schedule.

Good Post! Nothing to do with AAS, but last time I ignore symptoms, I landed up in the Surgical Intensitive Care (Virus-1997). I never want to go through that again.

Maldorf:

Anything new from this cardiologist? I go back on June 22, I was scheduled for last week and they had a foul up in the office with the schedule.

I went to see a hematologist a few days ago. He is good friends with my cardiologist. He is going to reccomend I go on coumadin to be safe that I dont have another blood clot. He thinks because my heart is so weak that it will increase chances of another clot since the blood kinda coagulates down in the ventricles. Could have a stroke. Wouldnt that be lovely. So now Im going to go around all of the time full of bruises. Oh the joy of being 39 yrs old.
Im still waiting on getting into that stem cell study. Funding is still an issue and they are looking for ways to cut costs before they can start again.

Good Post! Nothing to do with AAS, but last time I ignore symptoms, I landed up in the Surgical Intensitive Care (Virus-1997). I never want to go through that again.

Yeah, so many of us try to just ignore symptoms. I think some of it is denial.

I went to see a hematologist a few days ago. He is good friends with my cardiologist. He is going to reccomend I go on coumadin to be safe that I dont have another blood clot. He thinks because my heart is so weak that it will increase chances of another clot since the blood kinda coagulates down in the ventricles. Could have a stroke. Wouldnt that be lovely. So now Im going to go around all of the time full of bruises. Oh the joy of being 39 yrs old.
Im still waiting on getting into that stem cell study. Funding is still an issue and they are looking for ways to cut costs before they can start again.

Maldorf: stem cell?? Is this the same procedure that the "tiny bubbles" hawaiian singer Don Ho had? He was waiting a long time, so he decided to go to Hong Kong ( I think) to have the procedure done. Good luck and take care.

MS

MS

agreed....very good post

Im gonna always make sure my hematocrit stays below 50 and gonna try to get C-reactive protein tested yearly if not bi yearly.

Maldorf: stem cell?? Is this the same procedure that the "tiny bubbles" hawaiian singer Don Ho had? He was waiting a long time, so he decided to go to Hong Kong ( I think) to have the procedure done. Good luck and take care.

MS

Could be. i dont know about Don. I do know they do it routinely over in Russia. Ive been considering going there. Maybe Hong Kong is better!!? I know in russia the procedure costs only about $30k and youre there about 1 month if i remember right.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws