over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Body pains whilst having a week off

Incognito1

Board Supporter / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Board Supporter
Hey Guys,

So every now and then I have a week or so off training, to recover etc...
About a week ago I had time off and about halfway through the week I started getting sharp pains in my lower back and down through my legs, especially my left leg. I didnt do anything unusual in this week to spur on the pain. This has happened a few times on previous occasions when I have a break.
Any ideas on whats causing it????

Don't know but if i have a week or 2 off little aches and pains creep in. Guess our bodies ain't used to the sedentary lifestyle. It's almost like liftings a drug and our body's get withdraw symptoms. Only option keep lifting, even if it's a, few weeks of light pump sets

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

its funny you mention this, because on my off days I feel the worst- sore, tired and run down. even on the 2nd consecutive off day..... its normal.

Ok cool. I wasnt too sure if it was just me, but it seems common. Its like my whole lower bodies joints jar up. I thought it might be cause I wasnt stretching my muscles as much in the weeks rest in comparrision to a training week

Just wondering if its the direct result of not exercising that might be causing it or a result of say sitting around on a couch all week.

Sitting is one the worst things you can do to a body. During your week off you're not shaking the cobwebs loose from your joints in your hips, and you end up sitting more. As for the pain running down your leg, look into piriformis syndrome.

Also start foam rolling during your off week, this will be helpful from every aspect. Yoga should not be a four letter word around here either.

its funny you mention this, because on my off days I feel the worst- sore, tired and run down. even on the 2nd consecutive off day..... its normal.

:yeahthat:

Hey Guys,

So every now and then I have a week or so off training, to recover etc...
About a week ago I had time off and about halfway through the week I started getting sharp pains in my lower back and down through my legs, especially my left leg. I didnt do anything unusual in this week to spur on the pain. This has happened a few times on previous occasions when I have a break.
Any ideas on whats causing it????
that is a sign of a swelling disk at L-5 S-1 ..your sciatic nerve is being pinched
( the nerve that runs down the side of leg) ..you need to stretch your periformus (sp)??) ..or soon ..very soon ..you will blow your back out ( ask me how I know ...not fun )

With lymes disease I've got a lot of joint pain... The endorphins from working out are the best pain medication, if I go too long out of gym or class I start hurting all over.

Just wondering if its the direct result of not exercising that might be causing it or a result of say sitting around on a couch all week.

This is probably damn close to the truth

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Its almost like the warming up of our body with exercise mask the pain . I feel it whenerver I take my 9-14 days break every 8-9 weeks of training.
best way around it is to get cruise like exercises on break time.
for me its time to try new exercises and just have a bit of fun without putting any real stress on my body.

Wait till you guys are almost 50, hurts to work out,hurts to sit around all week,lol. I do much better not taking a week off, but just cutting way back, maybe just do a light work out of the big 3,legs,chest and back .

Wait till you guys are almost 50, hurts to work out,hurts to sit around all week,lol. I do much better not taking a week off, but just cutting way back, maybe just do a light work out of the big 3,legs,chest and back .

Yeah, I agree. Cut back on volume and intensity but do something to get the blood flowing and help recovery. I believe in active recovery. Reduce the weight, dont go to failure, and do fewer sets.

Thanks for the info guys. Im definately going to look up Piriformis Syndrome. I have noticed that the pain has been more noticable first thing in the morning. Ive also been focusing on my posture too, trying to sit better when I am sitting. My work doesnt really have alot of time where I am sitting at a desk though. Probably about 3 hours a day.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity