1lb lean beef
¼ cup Worcestershire
¾ cup As close to fat free as possible AND low-carb BBQ sauce (we do CarbSmart by Kraft)
Minced onion or 1/8 cup of very finely diced onion
12 oz. Raw broccoli
What you’ll do:
1. Mix Worcestershire with raw beef and let sit for about 10 minutes
2. Cook beef with BBQ, Worcestershire, and spices to taste. (drain fat if beef is more than 8% fat. (PLEASE NOTE: You’ll have to add some Worcestershire and seasoning if you have to drain it all away)
3. While your beef is simmering rinse your broccoli off with cold water and cut into pieces of about ¾ inch. Place in a bowl, fill bowl with about 1 inch of water (after broccoli is in it). Microwave for 2 minutes. (Should be bright green and not mushy.)
4. Add steamed broccoli to pan and mix with beef.
5. Make sure beef is cooked all the way through and enjoy!
6. For those of you trying this on a high-carb day…feel free to add 2 cups of steamed, white rice and an additional ¼ cup of BBQ with a couple splashes of Worcestershire.