over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bradley Martyn challenges Nate Diaz!?

Don't know if the guy was actually high level, a guy who was watching it happen told my teammate he was a black belt.

The little guy was probably around 70 kg if I had to guess where the big one was legit huge. I mean close to 2 meters and upwards of 130 kg probably. Picked him up like it was a twig. I'm sure there are many many tiny guys who would have beaten him even with hands tied but this one didn't. Was fun to watch, that's all.

But even so I think it's kinda stupid to turn to grappling or ground fighting when you get into a street fight. There could be glass everywhere not to mention while you got the guy in a headlock or armbar his mate might dropkick your head.

I do admit though, although it’s seen more often now, it’s still rare to find BJJ guys that can actually wrestle/judo and be aggressive with their grappling vs the traditional “butt scoot” and try to hang on and submit a guy..

And agreed, unless you’ve got a couple of your boys there too ready to throw down in case anyone jumps in, it’s always best to avoid the fight all together, though grappling if you’re 100% sure the guy is on his own is the safest bet for you AND the other person.. I’ve seen too many cases where punches are thrown and someone gets hit the wrong way and hits the floor and boom, dead over nothing… At least grappling there’s been plenty of cases where high level guys like Matt Serra hold a guy down until the cops come and defuse everything…

Do you ever come back East? We can 100% train some time and go over anything you want. Jujimufu wandered into our BJJ gym because he’s friends with Joey Szatmary. That was cool, be he was doing it more for the video. You’re actually training, so you’d have a lot more fun.

Hey @Big Dave Smith, always wanted to ask you about your technique and strategy being such a big guy and advancing through BJJ…

I know you last posted you’re about 5’8-5’9 and around 260 correct? How flexible are you?? And what has been your “go to” strategies for advancing in BJJ being your size?

I ask because usually you don’t see the bigger guys doing all the fancy ground rolls and twists/maneuvers the smaller more flexible guys are doing and the bigger guys usually stick to basic techniques that work for them or guys like Owen Livesey who’s got a heavy and aggressive Wrestling/Judo approach to his style…

I’m trying to focus on the more aggressive wrestling approach myself and I’m not a large guy being 5’9 myself but only around 185-190lbs but I’m not flexible AT ALL 😂 almost to an embarrassing level, so definitely can’t do any of that fancy shit the smaller guys do so well, and shit, even see some guys my size doing it pretty amazingly easy too..

But I also do want to put on some more size/muscle as I go on through this journey so would love to hear your approach as bigger/muscular guy..

Hey @Big Dave Smith, always wanted to ask you about your technique and strategy being such a big guy and advancing through BJJ…

I know you last posted you’re about 5’8-5’9 and around 260 correct? How flexible are you?? And what has been your “go to” strategies for advancing in BJJ being your size?

I ask because usually you don’t see the bigger guys doing all the fancy ground rolls and twists/maneuvers the smaller more flexible guys are doing and the bigger guys usually stick to basic techniques that work for them or guys like Owen Livesey who’s got a heavy and aggressive Wrestling/Judo approach to his style…

I’m trying to focus on the more aggressive wrestling approach myself and I’m not a large guy being 5’9 myself but only around 185-190lbs but I’m not flexible AT ALL 😂 almost to an embarrassing level, so definitely can’t do any of that fancy shit the smaller guys do so well, and shit, even see some guys my size doing it pretty amazingly easy too..

But I also do want to put on some more size/muscle as I go on through this journey so would love to hear your approach as bigger/muscular guy..

I spent 80% of my BJJ time with smaller coaches while being 250-280lbs. I AGGRESSIVELY worked on flexibility and mobility, and adopted the styles of smaller guys. My game is bottom heavy, flowy, soft, and efficient. I save pressure and strength for when I’m in biomechanically advantageous positions. My strategy is to sweep, take the back, or hit a leg lock. Mostly sit/butterfly, half/z, DLR/RDLR, etc.

I sincerely believe that every body (as in physical characteristics) is capable of attaining the flexibility, mobility, strength, and cardiovascular output needed to excel at BJJ. If you don’t fit into a position, it’s a weakness, not a genetic predetermination.

Once you have the physical ability, putting the pieces of the puzzle together are easier. I learn best from guys like Danaher, Lachlan Giles, Ryan Hall, etc. Concepts over “moves”.

It’s so hard to explain. The above is just a nonsensical rant. Lol

I spent 80% of my BJJ time with smaller coaches while being 250-280lbs. I AGGRESSIVELY worked on flexibility and mobility, and adopted the styles of smaller guys. My game is bottom heavy, flowy, soft, and efficient. I save pressure and strength for when I’m in biomechanically advantageous positions. My strategy is to sweep, take the back, or hit a leg lock. Mostly sit/butterfly, half/z, DLR/RDLR, etc.

I sincerely believe that every body (as in physical characteristics) is capable of attaining the flexibility, mobility, strength, and cardiovascular output needed to excel at BJJ. If you don’t fit into a position, it’s a weakness, not a genetic predetermination.

Once you have the physical ability, putting the pieces of the puzzle together are easier. I learn best from guys like Danaher, Lachlan Giles, Ryan Hall, etc. Concepts over “moves”.

It’s so hard to explain. The above is just a nonsensical rant. Lol

I know that can be a loooong convo but thanks for the reply lol

So what do you recommend to work on mobility/flexibility aggressively??

My main problem is my hips/inner thighs.. I can’t spread my legs or rotate them open very wide AT ALL… Literally doing a butterfly stretch, for example, my knees are like 10” off the ground and my heels are about 12” in front of my groin…

I’m working on it, but if you’ve got some tips I’d greatly appreciate it..

He didn’t really challenge him bro if you’re referring to the interview.

He said “do you think you could beat me in a street fight?”

That’s it. And of course Nate would beat him in a street fight.
That sounds like a challenge to me.well maybe not it's more like a question not a challenge

I actually think Jake wins this fight.. Nate has never fought anyone this big before (Jake easily walks around over 200lbs) and he hits HARD.. The kid can crack.. Sure Nate has a gas tank and some striking experience over him etc, but I don’t see him pulling it off…

I think Jake wins it in 4 rounds…
Jake will likely win by decision but i don't see him stopping Diaz. He's too tough and maybe too dumb to quit and i imagine at the end of the fight he loses on the scorecards and his face will be an incredible bloody mess

That sounds like a challenge to me.well maybe not it's more like a question not a challenge
You have to watch the interview to understand the context of it. He was making conversation for views being stupid.

I know that can be a loooong convo but thanks for the reply lol

So what do you recommend to work on mobility/flexibility aggressively??

My main problem is my hips/inner thighs.. I can’t spread my legs or rotate them open very wide AT ALL… Literally doing a butterfly stretch, for example, my knees are like 10” off the ground and my heels are about 12” in front of my groin…

I’m working on it, but if you’ve got some tips I’d greatly appreciate it..

If you’re static stretching, it’ll only get you so far. How much time are you stretching per day? How many days per week? Are you casually stretching or treating it like you would normal training? When do you stretch?

Dynamic and loaded stretches are way, way better than static. Think about bodybuilding. Isometric holds have their place, but we know to use mechanical tension through full ROM to get the best results.

Most people aren’t special. Deficiencies and weaknesses are usually a result of what we focus on the least.

If you’re static stretching, it’ll only get you so far. How much time are you stretching per day? How many days per week? Are you casually stretching or treating it like you would normal training? When do you stretch?

Dynamic and loaded stretches are way, way better than static. Think about bodybuilding. Isometric holds have their place, but we know to use mechanical tension through full ROM to get the best results.

Most people aren’t special. Deficiencies and weaknesses are usually a result of what we focus on the least.

So I usually stretch a couple times per week, call it 3x.. About 30 minute sessions but yes a lot of static stretching and admittedly I can probably take it more seriously, it’s just one of those things I never enjoyed doing and have slacked off with..

I also have one of those machines where you sit down legs in front and as you turn a little wheel it spreads your legs open to do a split (I put a pic below) to help with opening my hips…

How do you stretch with tension and ROM? Any videos or links of people I can follow you can reference?

Thanks for taking the time 🙏🏻

Attachments

• IMG_6300.jpeg
    IMG_6300.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 5
So I usually stretch a couple times per week, call it 3x.. About 30 minute sessions but yes a lot of static stretching and admittedly I can probably take it more seriously, it’s just one of those things I never enjoyed doing and have slacked off with..

I also have one of those machines where you sit down legs in front and as you turn a little wheel it spreads your legs open to do a split (I put a pic below) to help with opening my hips…

How do you stretch with tension and ROM? Any videos or links of people I can follow you can reference?

That machine is pretty cool. How much was that? I remember watching old Jay cutler videos and he used that every day.

That machine is pretty cool. How much was that? I remember watching old Jay cutler videos and he used that every day.

I think they’re like $130 on Amazon, that’s where I got mine and it’s lasted me 4 years so far and works perfectly, I’m just the lazy ass that doesn’t use it as much as I should lol

Can you set the adductor machine at your gym with the legs at the widest position? That’s a good start for your groin. You could use a weight/load for a set of 15-20 to failure. At the lengthened position, pause for 3-5 seconds, then creep slowly out of the stretch, hit a full contraction, then repeat.

DBDL same as above for hamstrings.

For butterfly/hips, rest your elbows on your inner thigh. Push against your elbows with your knees, then push your knees with your elbows. You can also sit with your ass facing a wall and prop your legs up at a 90 degree angle (knee flexion). Cross one ankle over the top of your knee and post your same side hand on your tear drop, forcing your hip to flare out. Push down, push back, push down, release.

Stuff like that. Think about the ROM’s for each joint and think about where and how your apply movement and load/tension.

I'm surprised people don't realize, that Bradley Martin is just fucking around, trying to troll his guests. I'm pretty sure Nate knows that. Its just bros talking shit to each other.

I love how everyone is hating on Bradley calling him a nobody just because YOU’VE never heard of him…

Hate really never falls from the top, it always comes from the bottom…

I can name you guys a couple Sheiks you’ve almost 100% never heard of and they have more money, power, access etc than anyone/everyone on this forum will ever have, combined, in 10 life times… So who cares if you’ve never heard of him..

The guy is pretty successful and has one of the best gyms in LA, he’s a pretty humble dude from the content I’ve seen, and yes, of course he’s gota spice things up to create views and content, why are y’all taking it so personal??

Like him or hate him, he’s made a name for himself in content creation and has befriended/associated with some big name/successful people, has an extremely successful business and is a multimillionaire and he’s only 34 years old..

Sucks to suck if you’re bitter and hate your mediocre lives…
You’re confusing hate with harmless shit talk.

and unless you and this guy are fucking or you owe him a life debt, why are you defending him so aggressively against guys who are just saying they have no idea who he is, lol?

also interesting how you single yourself out as a little guy by talking shit about big guys

Serious question. are you the guy that likes to work out w women or am i thinking of someone else

1689978394477.jpeg

You’re confusing hate with harmless shit talk.

and unless you and this guy are fucking or you owe him a life debt, why are you defending him so aggressively against guys who are just saying they have no idea who he is, lol?

also interesting how you single yourself out as a little guy by talking shit about big guys

Serious question. are you the guy that likes to work out w women or am i thinking of someone else

View attachment 179705

Maybe you didn’t read all the posts but there’s a couple guys in this thread, on the first page, bashing him for no reason at all 🤷🏻‍♂️

What did I say that was a lie?

It could’ve been literally anyone else on the planet and I would’ve said the same thing…

You can walk on water and there’s always some asshole out there that’ll say it’s because you can’t swim..

Those are the people my post was referring to..

How have I singled myself out as being small by talking shit about big guys? Elaborate…

And not sure what you’re referring to about “the guy that likes to workout with women” 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can you set the adductor machine at your gym with the legs at the widest position? That’s a good start for your groin. You could use a weight/load for a set of 15-20 to failure. At the lengthened position, pause for 3-5 seconds, then creep slowly out of the stretch, hit a full contraction, then repeat.

DBDL same as above for hamstrings.

For butterfly/hips, rest your elbows on your inner thigh. Push against your elbows with your knees, then push your knees with your elbows. You can also sit with your ass facing a wall and prop your legs up at a 90 degree angle (knee flexion). Cross one ankle over the top of your knee and post your same side hand on your tear drop, forcing your hip to flare out. Push down, push back, push down, release.

Stuff like that. Think about the ROM’s for each joint and think about where and how your apply movement and load/tension.

Thanks for the tips.. Will definitely be adding this in and working it every day, really want to get flexible and get efficient at this..

There’s a reason why they say you can get lucky throwing a punch and knock anyone out; there’s no way in hell you’re getting lucky and “out grappling” someone that knows what they’re doing and works hard at getting good at it lol

Maybe you didn’t read all the posts but there’s a couple guys in this thread, on the first page, bashing him for no reason at all 🤷🏻‍♂️

What did I say that was a lie?
Maybe i missed a post or i have them on ignore 🤷🏻‍♂️ Anythings possible
It could’ve been literally anyone else on the planet and I would’ve said the same thing…

You can walk on water and there’s always some asshole out there that’ll say it’s because you can’t swim..

Those are the people my post was referring to..

How have I singled myself out as being small by talking shit about big guys? Elaborate…
idk, just seemed that way. I have been wrong before
And not sure what you’re referring to about “the guy that likes to workout with women” 🤷🏻‍♂️
I swear there was a guy here that said he like to hang out w a group of women at the gym and join in (i don’t think he was gay but idk) while they scoped out guys
I don’t know why the thought occurred to me that it could have been you

anyway i’m a lot less interested in this now that i’ve inhaled some plants

Re: inhaling plants

Just bought some raw cones and
about to do the same
Put on some music then finish some household chores.
All at 9pm on a Friday... :)

He's referring to when you posted about training with two women and discussing with them if they like big jacked guys.

He's referring to when you posted about training with two women and discussing with them if they like big jacked guys.

Yea I just read his 2nd post, and although not entirely accurate, I got what he meant… That was also a very long time ago, well over a year ago.. Wow…

Yea that started out me saying in a thread that women (for the most part) don’t like overly huge/jacked guys… Because, well, they don’t.. And what I meant was like bodybuilder jacked, 5’6-5’8 300lb looking dudes… That mostly attracts the “awe” of other men..

If it was objectively attractive, they’d be the chosen ones as action stars in movies and on the cover of GQ and Calvin Klein etc… Buuuuut they’re not…

And everyone got their posing panties in a bunch lol

I then said the example of 2 lady friends of mine (one having done some fitness modeling) who I was working out with and they said the same thing about a bodybuilder we saw in the gym but there’s a guy who goes there, probably 6’3-6’4 Chris Hemsworth looking dude and all the chicks drool over that guy..

I said he was a “dime piece” joking around, and literal grown ass men, who gather together to take pictures of each other, posing in their underwear in front of each other all sweaty, acted like I just tried to blow rape one of them in the locker room and got their feelings hurt.

THAT is what happened….

I never said anything about “jumping in” on the guy or going to the gym with them just to scope out guys with the girls or anything of the sort.. It was one example of one particular situation..

Either way, completely irrelevant to what’s going on in this thread and anything I said..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131