12 to 15 mins

remove and run cold water over them
for a minute to stop the cooking process

and the most important thing is to peel them immediately
do not over cook them or the shell will stick

:cool:

all this bullshit with salt and vineger and shit and ice bath is nonsense
ITS BOILING EGGS!!!!!!!......just dont let them cool and dont over cook

12 - 15 mins too fucking long man! You can play tennis with those hardboil 15 mins eggs lmao!

How to boil eggs somehow turned into a heated discussion between the wife and I. In the end my method worked best and she now cooks them my way. Here it is:
Bring salted water to boil
Drop eggs in carefully
Boil 10 min
Drain hot water out and fill with ice cold water. Let cool for several minutes. Never have any problems.

12 - 15 mins too fucking long man! You can play tennis with those hardboil 15 mins eggs lmao!

how many seconds are in an aussie minute????

lmaooooo
:p

peeling them..

I have notice that there are variable measures of success with all these other processes, to put it simply a hot or a cold egg, cracked before boiling or not, no matter what you add, simply PEEL THE EGG UNDER RUNNING WATER. i tap them lightly on the counter and then turn on the faucet and peel it there, ive never had a problem.. cold water seems to work best..:D

My father-in-law owns a resturant and he does it this way. When you peel a couple hundred a night, you want them to peel as easily as possible. I does help to roll them around to break up the shell and peel them under running water. If you get a batch try this. Chip away a dime sized hole on the wide end of the egg and a smaller hole on the top. Grasp it in your hand and blow hard in the top hole. It will pop right out.

I had to read this twice. SO at your father in laws restaurant the employees are blowing on the eggs to get them out? Sounds to me like a health dept. issue.

salt makes the water boil faster, not sure about how it affects the peeling.

I do the firehouse way.

Boil water.
Add room temp eggs.
10 minutes.
Drain water and shake pan like when your making popcorn.

Eggs are pretty much shell free after about a minute for 2 dozen eggs.

For the best "centered" yolks lay carton on it's side for a week before making.

I boil mine an extra 6 minutes after boiling point. Makes the yoke a rich yellow and also soft. Perfect time for my liking. Cool under tap for about 30 secs and then peel.

Funny how you guys make it complicated just like steroids. Seriously I have been a fucking Chef for over 23 years and never had a problem peeling fucking eggs! Even a 12 yr old can peeled eggs!

Funny how you guys make it complicated just like steroids. Seriously I have been a fucking Chef for over 23 years and never had a problem peeling fucking eggs! Even a 12 yr old can peeled eggs!

Haha must be in the genes, a family gift. The only time i struggled was when i boiled a load and took them to work shell as well. After a few hours cooling time them shells wouldn't come off for shit, ended binning some of them in frustration.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I rarely make boiled eggs because of this. Sometimes they peel easy and other times they are stubborn.

add a table spoon of salt to your water...it does something and makes shell release from membrane...peels off every time...or get an egg cooker, it cooks 8 eggs at a time in less then 5 mins...you set and walk away...

bump on the salt method.. thats all i do

add a table spoon of salt to your water...it does something and makes shell release from membrane...peels off every time...or get an egg cooker, it cooks 8 eggs at a time in less then 5 mins...you set and walk away...

That's bullshit! How can salt get through the Egg shell lol....I never put salt in my water, people dont have the skills to peel an egg lmao!
Funny thread though and stupid answers!

I AM A CHEF!!! I CAN PEEL AN EGG! :banghead:

the egg white always get stuck to the skin so everytime I peel the skin off, I waste some egg whites,

Is there any devices that does the trick for you neatly ?

or any suggestions

I put a very small crack in my eggs - this way when boiled the water goes between the shell and the egg....making separation easy

I love my toaster

chill out

Seriously, chill them just enough so they don't burn your hands, but peeling tben when they are still warm a.d has water under the shell works best for me. Also, I have noticed different vendors eggs seem to peel differantly. Walmart sells boxes of 5dozen and they peel eazy while hot/warm

I'm on tren and I was trying to peel this one asshole egg, everytime I took the skin off, thered be egg whites under it... it made me pissed to the point that I fucking smacked the egg againts the wall... after 5 mins I was like wtf, better clean this shit before moma comes lol

heres a fool proof. Add two tables spoons of baking soda in boiling water. THEN put in the eggs and boil for 12 minutes. then immediately dunk in ice cold water.

They will peel off in a second. teh shell will slide off. teh baking soda raises the pH which makes the shell not sticky.

To the guy that said tap the ends and roll the egg between your hands, you changed my life man! Ridiculously easy!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws