over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Building a thick and wide back

Why did steve jobs start apple when he knew damn good and well bill gates had already programmed microsoft? Why in the hell did christopher columbus cross the seas, when he knew damn good and well that they already had discovered the world is flat? I found a variation that incorporates maybr not all of phils principles, but incorporates the main principle which is keep the core stable and stretch the scapula. By doing this exercise i am able to work around a lower back injury and blast the fuck out of my upper lats and traps at several differnt angles, depending on the position of your hand. Works better than anything else that ive personally tried. I recommend you try it in place of one of your db rows, or at least follow up a heavy set of db rows with some high rep work on the cable, you will like the results.

Can I see a picture of your back to see the "wonders" this has done for you??

Last edited:
also, how is loading and pulling w only one side of your body and being seated "stabalizing" your core?? its about as unstable a postion as ur back could be in lol... your torso is twisting pulling and letting the arm extend all the way, unless your using like 50lbs....any considerable amount of weight is going to make ur torso twist...id MUCH rather do a 2arm cable to avoid twisting torso to deal w weight... but then, why use cables at all when their are DBs and bars around...??

also, how is loading and pulling w only one side of your body and being seated "stabalizing" your core?? its about as unstable a postion as ur back could be in lol... your torso is twisting pulling and letting the arm extend all the way, unless your using like 50lbs....any considerable amount of weight is going to make ur torso twist...id MUCH rather do a 2arm cable to avoid twisting torso to deal w weight... but then, why use cables at all when their are DBs and bars around...??

yeah i've always feel disconfort at lower back doing 1 arm db rows,regardless the angle of my back position...

Has anyone tried this version of chins/pullups?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bV3dQjNQjA]Corner Pull-Ups - the BEST pull-up style for back width - YouTube[/ame]

Is doing neutral grip pull up almost as good? My gym doesn't really have a straight bar, all fancy handle type pull up handles? I like under hand the most but can't do those either.

Last edited:
Is doing neutral grip pull up almost as good? My gym doesn't really have a straight bar, all fancy handle type pull up handles? I like under hand the most but can't do those either.
Why not set the smith machine to the highest notch and do pullups there. Might not work too good if you're really tall.

Yeah that's a possibility. But I would rather just do neutral grip if that aren't inferior?

my Lats used to be shit!! pull down after pull down and rows for years, as soon as I started to do pull-ups the size started packing on, I was realy impressed with how much just pullups developed my back!

I enjoy reading these threads with your knowledge, Phil. I've seen the chest thread you made here recently, now I just caught this wide back thread. Heck, a few more threads for the other body parts and I may just convince myself to stick to the things you state in the thread for a few months and see what kind of gains are made :)

I tried them today.

Standing, knees bent, back flat, arms tucked in, palms facing my body, pulling the dbs straight back.

Is this right?

I think there is some confusion from the video because Phil is working rear delts there.

my Lats used to be shit!! pull down after pull down and rows for years, as soon as I started to do pull-ups the size started packing on, I was realy impressed with how much just pullups developed my back!

Yes, body through space will always destroy weight through space for the fastest, most permanent gains. No competition. It's a physiological fact.

The ONLY reason the top pros use pull downs over pull ups or chins is because they are too heavy to do them properly, reps, rest times, etc. They're as inferior as leg press is to any squat.

I tried them today.

Standing, knees bent, back flat, arms tucked in, palms facing my body, pulling the dbs straight back.

Is this right?

I think there is some confusion from the video because Phil is working rear delts there.

That movement is for rear delts. For lats, traps go for "standing, knees bent, torso around 45* from floor and arched contracted, arms around 45* from torso, palms facing your body, pulling the dbs into belly."

Last edited:
Where can I find the thread on Phils chest tips?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

I am a really big fan of doing pull ups but rarely do I see people doing them correctly. :banghead:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws