over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BULK SHIPPING???..how to do it

RONJON

Kilo Klub Member
Okay guys I am getting rid of my collection of old bobbleheads, baseball cards, autographs, etc. I think I can get a good chunk of change..well hopefully...

How do you go about about shipping this?:confused: I mean its a whoooooole lotta shit lol

Id like to do the shipping for as cheap as I can

RJ

when i used to ship out CDs i would always use what is called book rate it was cheap,that has been a few years back so maybe things have changed,idk,that was thru the postal service.

Look into Priority Mail flat rate boxes. They have a big one that holds up to 50lbs I think for $12. That'd fit a TON of baseball cards. I've used it 40-50 times before shipping rocks/dirt places (for aquariums).

im a big collector of all baseball items. just make sure you really protect yourself by making sure you are VERY insured on the items that you ship, because many times i have received autographs, etc... that were bent, or otherwise not in the quality that was advertised because these things happen, especially if you are thinking about shipping high dollar items. Bad thing is now days, finding someone to pay anything close to what you want to get for the stuff. if you call card dealers, they are only willing to pay 25% to 30% of the value of cards. PM with some of your autograph stuff, i might be interested. and i have more advice, but dont want to get too long winded on this thread because most people would find this stuff boring, but not me!!!

also, the insurance is very inexpensive for what you get when shipping

The post office is increasing their prices as fast as taxes are going up..

P.S check out this little story..

I work in rough part of town in Los Angles called Watts..

I went into the post office over here and the place was like a bank.. All the tellers were behind bullet proof glass and you had no contact with the employees at all..

It had everything, including a security guard.. at a post office?

Last edited:
The post office is increasing their prices as fast as taxes are going up..

We send out these CDs of contest photos of competitors that compete at the shows here in California.. and we send out a lot of them.. Postage on those suckers just went up 39 percent in May.. They are constantly changing( increasing) their prices..

P.S check out this little story..

I work in rough part of town in Los Angles called Watts..

I went into the post office over here and the place was like a bank.. All the tellers were behind bullet proof glass and you had no contact with the employees at all..

It had everything, including a security guard.. at a post office
?

Maybe they are protecting us from them,. You did hear the term going postal?:D:p:D

Now really isn't a good time to be selling baseball cards.. I used to be into collecting, and I still read some blogs and check out ebay.. And ALL cards sell for usually in the range of 25% book value, 50% if you're lucky.. The worst is 80's cards, they sell for practically nothing.. Rookies, complete sets, you name it.. The exception is cards that are professionally graded in pristine, gem mint condition.. And with autographs, those really don't sell for much unless they're certified, with the rampant counterfeiting going on nowadays..

And selling a collection in bulk, you're taking even a further hit on the value.. Even if you had legitimate vintage cards (50's-70's), selling them in bulk you'd take a huge hit off of what "book value" says their worth..

Hey! I live near Watts. All the fast food restaurants are the same way!

I stopped collecting after I picked up some pretty expensive Kerry Wood autograph cards, all of them graded mint etc. I had planned on selling them after his first couple of seasons as he showed so much promise. Then about a month or so later he went out with shoulder issues and they dropped around 75% cause he sucked ass after.

I do have a couple of Terry Bradshaw rookie cards from my dad that are in good condition. Dick Butkis cards from 71-74. I have a Wilt Chamberlin card the year after his rookie year. I want to get rid of all of it but I never got around to putting them up.

Oh and Ron, I wouldn't skip on the shipping, also maybe get insurance as you want to make sure nothing is harmed as quality is the vast majority of the value with the items as you well know.

Last edited:
I stopped collecting after I picked up some pretty expensive Kerry Wood autograph cards, all of them graded mint etc. I had planned on selling them after his first couple of seasons as he showed so much promise. Then about a month or so later he went out with shoulder issues and they dropped around 75% cause he sucked ass after.

I do have a couple of Terry Bradshaw rookie cards from my dad that are in good condition. Dick Butkis cards from 71-74. I have a Wilt Chamberlin card the year after his rookie year. I want to get rid of all of it but I never got around to putting them up.

Oh and Ron, I wouldn't skip on the shipping, also maybe get insurance as you want to make sure nothing is harmed as quality is the vast majority of the value with the items as you well know.

if you are looking for value of bradshaw rookies, the are right now selling at442 DOLLARS ON EBAY. CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF.

if you are looking for value of bradshaw rookies, the are right now selling at442 DOLLARS ON EBAY. CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF.

Those are graded and in exceptional quality, i.e. very rare.. An ungraded card in "decent" condition, you can get for less than $20.. Even graded ones still in very good condition, but not exceptional, less than $100..

That's how the market is nowadays for vintage cards.. You can buy these cards ungraded in decent shape far below book value.. If you want anything near book, it's gotta be graded.. When they're in exceptional quality, that's when people will shell out ALOT of money, far exceeding book value.

vtlift

[you well know.[/QUOTE]i would be interested in just one bradshaw rookie, just dont have one. woild like a wilt card from his second year. let me know

That's the biggest gimmick in this whole hobby, and it's just ridiculous.. Trust me, I used to buy into all the hype.. If anyone was into this in the 90's, there was a guy Brien Taylor drafted #1 by the Yankees outta highschool.. This guy was touted as the most insane pitching prospect (even more than Todd Van Poppel the year before LOL).. His rookies were by far the most expensive cards in the set, but he blew it all getting into a fight and fucking up his shoulder.. He never even pitched a game in AAA, let alone the majors, and the cards are now total commons worth nothing.. And EVERY year it's like this.. It's at a much more insane level now tho, and that's due to Bowman and Albert Pujols.. Bowman is geared towards prospects, and putting rare autographed inserts with these prospects into packs. The rare Pujols Auto RC from '01 Bowman never sells for less than $3000, and if it's graded 10, you're talking upwards of $30,000.. So every year now, you have these schmucks opening box after box of Bowman looking for the next hot prospect, when not to mention the chances of that happening are extremely slim, but most of those guys never even make the majors anyways..

This year it's been brought to an even HIGHER ridiculous level.. If anyone reads SI, you probably saw the "HUGE" prospect Bryce Harper, and his cards are going for insane amounts right now.. Well, the kid is SIXTEEN YEARS OLD, still in high-school!!! An auto RC of his just sold for $900.. It's absolute insanity.. Even if this kid DOES make it as a good pitcher in the majors, which is doubtful just based on statistics, that card will never sustain that value..

Last edited:
ron jon. what town are you in. im in st. louis.am interested in some items.

Last edited:
ron jon. what town are you in. im in st. louis.am interested in some items. DO NOT SEIL auto pics. pm mw eith what you have. do they have c.o.a . with them. what the fuck you got.

im in texas bro...i got tons of shit. My plan is to clear the whole damn bit of it out...it just sits there ya know.

I got a bunch of autos and baseball cards and figurines and all kinds of stuff picked up from stadiums and flea markets and trips ive been on and whatever.

Cant get to my clothes in my closet so figured time to get rid of em...

Ive spent so many thousands on this shit its hard to fathom nowadays hahaha

Now really isn't a good time to be selling baseball cards.. I used to be into collecting, and I still read some blogs and check out ebay.. And ALL cards sell for usually in the range of 25% book value, 50% if you're lucky.. The worst is 80's cards, they sell for practically nothing.. Rookies, complete sets, you name it.. The exception is cards that are professionally graded in pristine, gem mint condition.. And with autographs, those really don't sell for much unless they're certified, with the rampant counterfeiting going on nowadays..

And selling a collection in bulk, you're taking even a further hit on the value.. Even if you had legitimate vintage cards (50's-70's), selling them in bulk you'd take a huge hit off of what "book value" says their worth..

Question is bro..when IS THE BEST TIME GUNNA BE to sell this kinda stuff???

...I mean do you see things getting better or somethin?:confused:

RJ

A Good Time to Sell???

Bro I believe nobody can tell you when it is a Good time, I haven't made real money since the Strike. I just buy now. I love pre 70's and Autograph stuff.

Question is bro..when IS THE BEST TIME GUNNA BE to sell this kinda stuff???

No one knows dude.. But it's just right now with the economy, I can't believe how cheap I see cards going for.. It's like, I have an '85 Topps McGwire rookie.. When he was closing in on the record, the card was literally going for around $1000.. But I figured wow I'll definitely hold onto this.. Now the card books for I think $30, and I'd be lucky to get $5-10 for it on ebay.. It's the same thing for every superstar with a rookie in the 80's - Clemens, Maddux, Bonds, etc..

The only cards that are valuable are vintage cards graded in great condition, or some of your newer serial numbered inserts of superstars.. But even then, you're not getting book value, especially selling it all in bulk..

What kind of cards do you have anyways - which years, brands, players? I can try and give you a basic idea of what you might get for it

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws