over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can I get some TUNA Help? PLEASE!!

Would the smoked kippers be okay as a tuna substitute when dieting for a show?

I believe so my friend. It's still fish. And that's pretty much what your looking for in the fish anyway. Low cals. No carbs. And high protein. Right? The kippers are packed like I said in water so there is no extra oil and other things to get in the way of your diet. Best thing to do is introduce them to your body in your off season and see how your body responds to them and how you like the taste and such. Then knowing yourself a little better while eating the kippers you know if you can inject them into your precontest diet plans or not. But IMHO their fine to have whenever. The sodium count is the only thing to watch out for, but if I am correct it is very low when packed in it's own water. But grab a can and let me know if it's low or not. And how you like them. I have a friend of mine here at work who is a MD and is a avid runner. I introduced him to smoked kippers and now he loves them. So hey, give it a try and see.

I added them to my list. I'm sure it will be nice to have something to break the monotany every now and then! Thanks!

drink it !!

i just out it in a blender with skim milk and blend it to nothing and drink it make sure the milk is cold though i get through 6 tins a day like this an i hate the stuff but it does a job for me !

try

putting a couple of packs of equal in there sweetin up the tuna sounds weird but it works

i've been drinking my tuna with cherry coke zero 4 times a day. taste great!

Salsa

Gotta agree with TheBrick. I'm one of those who can't stand the taste of tuna myself. My wife bought some of this mango & peach salsa the other day, so being adventurous I thought I'd give it a go. I drained the hell outta the tuna, but it in a bowl mixed the salsa and crumbled up some tortillas and I gotta admit, it was pretty damn tasty!! Thanks Brick, now I can eat tuna!! :D

I like the tuna creation packets by Starkist...

Sweet and Spicy, Smoked, Herb and Garlic... they take the edge off the fishy taste...

I like the tuna creation packets by Starkist...

Sweet and Spicy, Smoked, Herb and Garlic... they take the edge off the fishy taste...

Agreed! The smoked and herb and garlic or with jalapenos taste great... I get it in the Blue Pacific Brand where I am and i think Bumble bee does it too..

For me, eating tuna chunks is water I simply tolerate and I use a huge glass of water and wash it down with every mouthful. Quick and painless LOL

I can't stand the SALT. I looked at so many cans of tuna and the sodium is always brutal. Do you guys rinse the salt out? Can that be done? If I ate 6 cans a day, I'd fall to the ground, pickled from the inside out. Same with pre-packaged ham, dammit!!!

I was just scouring the house for something to eat and I wound up with two cans of tuna (SURPRISE!) Deciding that it was time to try something, I opened the cabinet to see what I had. Here is what ended up happening:

2 cans tuna
1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
A little more than a dash of Garlic Powder
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (by sight, not measured)

Mix it all up, form patties, and throw on the Foreman grill. It wasn't five-star cuisine, but it made it different than normal, which was what I was after. I would do it again.

3/4 cup oatmeal
1 can tuna
2 tbs. Franks Red Hot Sauce

Cook oatmeal, then mix tuna and hot sauce, then eat. Im the same way i have to m,ask the taste but love the benefits. Taste pretty good.

Another one ive heard is 1 can tuna, 12-16oz. orange juice. Blend and chug. Haven't tried this yet.

Ok, so I have two meals that I can have tuna... I cannot stand the taste, but it is so cheap and good for you... I would hate to lose out on the great benefits of eating it. Does anyone have any ideas on something that will mask that Horrid Tuna TASTE? I can eat it with Brown Rice or a Sweet Potato. I know Mustard is good and Salsa... looking for more interesting ideas.
~Thanks in advance
~Momma HUTCH

I would say just grab a fork and down it in about 15 secs while holding your breath. :)

Salsa is good.

Wasabi, sodium free soy sauce, and some Mrs. dash.

Barbecue sauce. LOTS of barbecue sauce.
Or you could make tuna cakes.
2 cans tuna squeezed extra dry
chop 2 stalks celery
chop 3/4 red pepper
chop 2T fresh parsley
chop 1 small shallot
juice from 1/2 a lemon
3-4 T mayo
1/2 cup bread crumbs more or less depending on consistency
mix all together and form into cake like patties
heat up a frying pan very hot and just prior to cooking the cakes spray with no stick, sear both sides of cake until crispy

what about a good tuna salad or chicken salad recipe................anybody??

what about a good tuna salad or chicken salad recipe................anybody??

Tuna, Chicken, Mayo, Lettuce, Salt.... DATS A NICE!

Ok, so I have two meals that I can have tuna... I cannot stand the taste, but it is so cheap and good for you... I would hate to lose out on the great benefits of eating it. Does anyone have any ideas on something that will mask that Horrid Tuna TASTE? I can eat it with Brown Rice or a Sweet Potato. I know Mustard is good and Salsa... looking for more interesting ideas.
~Thanks in advance
~Momma HUTCH

Great thread. Ive always HATED the taste of tuna but loved the protein content.

One thing some guys may not know is that solid albacore tuna tastes 100x nicer than cheap flaked tuna. It is much less fishy and more meaty and appealing. When I am in the mood, I can enjoy it right out of the can with nothing else. It is twice as expensive, but worth it.

man try this trust me

ok two eggs one can of tuna, two handfuls of wheat snack cracjkers and salt and pepper it will mix well then fry it like a pancake and it tastes like nothing really so youll need a1 sauce or italian dressing total protien is 55grams loads of protien if you use more ingredients but yup ther it is

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws