advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cant find rubbing alcohol. Is hand sanitizer or Whiskey good for pre injection cleaning?

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
Call me old school but I like to wipe down the top of the vials and injection site with rubbing alcohol before I inject? Went to the local grocery store and no rubbing alcohol anywhere. Can I use hand sanitizer that has a alcohol content of over 80 percent or whiskey? Or just wash and wipe down body part and vial in hot water before injection?

Call me old school but I like to wipe down the top of the vials and injection site with rubbing alcohol before I inject? Went to the local grocery store and no rubbing alcohol anywhere. Can I use hand sanitizer that has a alcohol content of over 80 percent or whiskey? Or just wash and wipe down body part and vial in hot water before injection?
Hand sanitizer is usually 60% alcohol and will work just fine.

Everclear or any other very high alcohol content booze should suffice, then use soap and water on skin before injecting

I bet they might have the alcohol wipes. The really little ones you use for injections, think thats what they are for. Tiny little squares soaked in isopropyl alcohol. Ive got some from a long time ago around here somewhere. I stocked up with about 4 bottles of the alcohol back in March before this hit.

Hand sanitizer is fine .... I've been using it for a long time now

There are alcohol prep pads available as normal on eBay and a million other places dude......

Alcohol wipes/pads.. you will have them in Walmart, target, rite aid, Walgreens or any pharmacy store..

Yeah just curious what area you are located because outside of clorox wipes all our stores all over Ohio are stocked up with everything in abundance.

A few years ago I got some cortisone shots in my shoulder and the doc lathered my shoulder with hand sanitizer with his bare hand.

Someone who knows what the protocols are these days? I remember reading about how disinfectants were useless going by stats on infections so it wasn't used much anymore.
I have gotten some IM shots at hospital and they didn't disinfect, and never when it came subq shots.

Same locally. The germaphobes hoard it now a days, they can never feel safe enough. I had to get a nurse friend to get me some.

I bet they might have the alcohol wipes. The really little ones you use for injections, think thats what they are for. Tiny little squares soaked in isopropyl alcohol. Ive got some from a long time ago around here somewhere. I stocked up with about 4 bottles of the alcohol back in March before this hit.

Alcohol wipes all the way.

I don’t use them always, but when I have them on hand it seems.... idk much more efficient if you will.

Hand Sanitizer without fragrance of course if you go that route

Just Amazon Prime some alcohol wipes. Free overnight delivery...

Amazon is the best for almost everything.

The ole eBay killer

I worked with a doctor who gave injections all day everyday. The one day I asked why he didn't wipe the bottle off with alcohol and he told me he never seen a person get an infection from an injection. However they do happen. Tons of options but do use something even if its soap and water.

I've never got an infection, I have had cellulitis a few times

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner