over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb craze and the general public?

weight77

Registered
Why all of the sudden is the whole low carb diet everywhere you look..I mean atkins has been talking about low carb for quit some time (along with almost every competitive BBer) and no one took it with any seriousness (as far as cooks and food places are concerned) so why now is it everywhere.Also I was just watching MSNBC and there was a doctor on there talking about low carbs and a book he wrote called THE SOUTH BEACH DIET...and he was acting as if he was the one who invented the whole thing..have people forgot about atkins? I mean he was the originator was he not?

i would be willing to guess that low carb diets were being used way before even atkins. he made it more popular that was about it. the general public are like puppets. whatever is in the media and on tv they will do.

I'm with Josh. I was at a restaurant a couple weeks ago. I got Chicken breasts with pasta but didn't eat the pasta because it was a late dinner (9pm or so) and I don't eat pasta anyway. The waitress (obese waitress) asks if there was anything wrong with it. I told her no, I just didn't want the pasta. Then she says I could have ordered another side because they are "atkins friendly." I just shook my head and told her I'm not on the fucking atkins diet. We live in such a self indulgent society, if anyone appears to eat right, they must be on a diet. I get checkout clerks commenting on the food I buy saying things like, "oh, high protein diet, huh?" The general public is so clueless on diet, they would not make a comment if they witnesed this behavior if they had never heard of the Atkins diet.

We are always in search for something that actually meets or exceeds what it is made to do or what the creators say it will do. Weather its a diet or a new way to get a six pack or any other product that makes promisses or claims. When it comes to health or looks we are always looking for something that really really works and if its easy to do or cheap we love it. Low Carb Diets work better than any other diet ever. Then it becomes about the money. Businesses capitalizing on current trends, fads or conditions. Shit even Taco Bell is offering Atkins Raps on thier menu. This to shall pass and the Raw Food craze will take over for a while. Not to the same extent as low carb, but watch and see ow many raw food bars open in your city

Its like this with everything. I have bitch sessions with my brother all the timeabout this. he is a computer dork with a degree in comp. engineering. its so damn frustrating when people try to talk to us about shit, they know just enough to make themselves sound like a dumbass, and not enough to figure it out.

hell ya its irritating, and everybody wants something for free. i started using a line i saw on the board, its like math, i cant just give the cliff notes, u gotta do ur own work to learn it.

I think Dr. Phil is on the band wagon too! I just can't picture all those couch potato's watching Dr. Phil,going low carb:eek:

my fav is checking out at the grocery store and the cashier asks me if iam shopping for the month and i always reply no. The ladies always ask me why i eat so much and where it all goes, if i tell them iam dieting they go nuts and tell me iam gonna get fat lol.

Carbs are not the enemy, stupid people wanting to eat crap all day and not exercise are. Nothing wrong with actuely making a healthy meal with a good amount of good carbs and protien. Our society is so about the quick fix that it doesnt realize that eating right is something u do not all the time not only when u are on a diet

Ya

That shit makes me crack a smile at the grocery store --- now I go when it's REAL late (because I have bad luck at times -- better if less people around) and get to the register and 9x outta 10 it is the red-headed DIEHARD veggetarrian, she has this look as if I was some kind of carniverous dog, and i just happily pile on steak after steak, tuna, tuna, tuna up the ass, chicken breasts, eggs etc etc....... If not the veggeterian checkout lady, then it is some dude who always smiles and nicely checks my food without saying shit... UNTIL......" ya - ya yea - ya gotta eat like that to be....." I usually just turn around and go it does the job in my kitchen. Walk off. :D

joshbarnett said:
i would be willing to guess that low carb diets were being used way before even atkins. he made it more popular that was about it. the general public are like puppets. whatever is in the media and on tv they will do.

Frank Zane made the low carb diet popular among BB in the 70s.

I was in a health food store once and a chick that worked there commented that she was a complete vegetarian. My response, "Hey, that's great! I'm a complete meat eater. " My guess is she doesn't swallow either. That would be a meat product, wouldn't it? LMAO.

"I feel pretty, oh so pretty."

PB

PAUL.......GOOD POINT!

I WONDER WHY VEGETARIANS ALWAYS WORK AT THOSE HEALTH FOOD STORES........GEEZ, THEY LOOK LIKE THE WALKING DEAD.

PAUL........MAYBE SHE JUST NEEDED THE HOT BEEF INJECTION!:)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!
NapsGear