over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

carbing up and water manipulation?

flexmaster

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
in someone's final week of thier diet before competition, when they begin carbing up/shit loading, how much water should be drank to avoid bloating/spilling over? is there some general type of carb to water ratio that someone could use as a baseline? i would really appreciate any input i could get here...thanks :)

Well if your shitloading you shouldnt be taking in ANY water at all, zero!

Carb loading everyone has their own water management plan, find one that works for you. Some increase it up to Friday, some Decrease intake in half on Thurs and Fri then cut off water intake sometime Friday late afternoon.

In order not to get screwed, best to run a few trials before the competition. Everyone's body reacts differently so you're best bet is to figure it our for yourself.

also look through the articles section, I think Excel compiled some good info in there.

I remember when I competed in my 1st show in AUG 03( the pacific USA naturals) I did the final 6 days like this. days 1-3 I ate very low carbs and very high sodium. day one was like 100carbs, day 2 was 50 and day 3 was 0 carbs. Had tons of sodium and drank plenty of water. Then the last three days were high carb/and no sodium. Day 4 was like 300carbs, day 5 was 400 and day 6 was 500. I belive day 4 I could drink 3/4 gallon water and day 5 was 1/4gallon and day 6(day before the show) was like 1 small water bottle for the day. I was so freakin thirst. Day of the show was only enough water to get food down in the morning. Were talking sipps. Now keep in mind this was a natural show( im def not natural any more) but I think the water intake may be a little diff when you juiced and if your taking diuretics.

thanks jonnyO, i appreciate your help. your physique speaks for itself! nice work last year at the emerald i believe...

thanks fullybuilt, thats what i was looking for...i think ill look through some different articles ad whatnot and try to piece it all together.

FLEX, ARE WE TALKING ABOUT YOU CARBING UP FOR A SHOW?

JUST CURIOUS!

I AM NO EXPERT.

HERE ARE MY EXPIRIENCES....I HAVE TO BE REALLY CAREFULL ABOUT CARBING UP. I TEND TO HOLD AN ASS LOAD OF WATER. EVERYTIME I TRIED IT ...I LOOKED WORSE THAN I DID WHEN I WAS DEPLETED. I TEND TO BLOAT. LIKE SOMEONE SAID ABOVE...DO A TRIAL RUN 3 WEEKS OUT OR SO...

CARBING UP: FOR ME ...I WOULD USE THE FOODS YOU HAVE BEEN EATING...THIS TIME I'LL CARB UP...BUT I'LL BE USING OATS FOR MY CARB SOURCE FOR THE LAST THREE WEEKS...SO I'LL CARB UP USING THEM AS WELL. THAT WAY THERE ARE NO SURPRISES. NO GUESS WORK...

WHEN MY GIRL DID HER SHOWS LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR...SHE TRIED THE SHIT LOAD THREE WEEKS OUT....WE TOOK PICS EVERY COUPLE HOURS....THE SHIT LOAD IS NOT A METHOD I'D USE...WE COULDN'T ACCURATELY TIME IT.

IT'S BETTER AND SIMPLER IN MY OPINION TO WRITE DOWN EXACTLY HOW MANY CARBS YOU ARE EATING....SAY 1 CUP OF OATS EVERY THREE HOURS UNTIL YOU FILL ALL THE WAY OUT...AND AT WHAT POINT YOU BEGIN TO HOLD WATER.

MAYBE FOR YOU IT WILL TAKE 2 DAYS....DEPENDING ON YOUR PHYSIQUE AND HOW LONG IT TAKES YOU TO FILL OUT. [PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT..MY FRIEND CARBED UP FOR A WEEK.

thanks JT

JETHRO TULL said:
JUST CURIOUS!

I AM NO EXPERT.

HERE ARE MY EXPIRIENCES....I HAVE TO BE REALLY CAREFULL ABOUT CARBING UP. I TEND TO HOLD AN ASS LOAD OF WATER. EVERYTIME I TRIED IT ...I LOOKED WORSE THAN I DID WHEN I WAS DEPLETED. I TEND TO BLOAT. LIKE SOMEONE SAID ABOVE...DO A TRIAL RUN 3 WEEKS OUT OR SO...

CARBING UP: FOR ME ...I WOULD USE THE FOODS YOU HAVE BEEN EATING...THIS TIME I'LL CARB UP...BUT I'LL BE USING OATS FOR MY CARB SOURCE FOR THE LAST THREE WEEKS...SO I'LL CARB UP USING THEM AS WELL. THAT WAY THERE ARE NO SURPRISES. NO GUESS WORK...

WHEN MY GIRL DID HER SHOWS LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR...SHE TRIED THE SHIT LOAD THREE WEEKS OUT....WE TOOK PICS EVERY COUPLE HOURS....THE SHIT LOAD IS NOT A METHOD I'D USE...WE COULDN'T ACCURATELY TIME IT.

IT'S BETTER AND SIMPLER IN MY OPINION TO WRITE DOWN EXACTLY HOW MANY CARBS YOU ARE EATING....SAY 1 CUP OF OATS EVERY THREE HOURS UNTIL YOU FILL ALL THE WAY OUT...AND AT WHAT POINT YOU BEGIN TO HOLD WATER.

MAYBE FOR YOU IT WILL TAKE 2 DAYS....DEPENDING ON YOUR PHYSIQUE AND HOW LONG IT TAKES YOU TO FILL OUT. [PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT..MY FRIEND CARBED UP FOR A WEEK.
well, im kind of doing it for a few reasons...i have never really "cut" down on purpose, while trying to hold onto my muscle...like a bber would dieting for a show. i think in the future i would like to compete at least once, after i feel i am ready (physique-wise) so i am in the process of cutting right now. i am also planning on going down to mexico to see my girl (she's studying abroad...there's a thread about it in the counseling forum if interested) so i would like to look good for that as well. mainly though, its for me, just to see if i can do it.

i am really liking dieting though...after i got the water i was holding off, i realized my bf% was a fair amount less than i thought...and i have never done cardio in my life, and i am really liking the way i feel throughout the day...i feel better...not so wieghed down if you know what i mean. i also never really thought i would be able to diet and hold onto my muscle, but after educating myself with some good diets writen by bro's here, i think i am starting to really understand it.

i'd also try to look up some good info by "HOMONUNCULUS" .. he has a pretty good plan....he gets as dry as firewood but does not use any prescrptn. ......

wake

Chris Aceto's One Week To Peak

One of our bros(I think it's 'Godless') has posted URL below previously, maybe it will help.

**broken link removed**

Rgd,
Mickey

thanks wake and mickey

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner