over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cervical fusion

littlebull

Newbies
So I’ll be getting c3-c4 anterior fusion this Wednesday, I’ve seeen threads for lower back. Just curious what your recovery process was like, any limitations that are present, any advice. Ready to hopefully be pain free and progress in the gym just dreading the layoff post op. Thanks for any stories and advice

I had a c2-c3 fusion but I was out of the gym for about a year with other injuries. Only limitations I have now are just lack of rom, but there’s no exercise I can’t do due to the fusion or any pain

I just do rack pulls instead of deadlifts now..sit-ups suck sometimes

Had L4-5 fused laminectomy and some rods put in about 11 years ago after having my shoulder replaced 3 months before. I was out of the gym for 10 days. The started back lifting what i could without doing any injury. As i wanted to keep atrophy to a minimum. My orthos have acknowledged that stimulating one arm for example still allows the nerves in the other side to fire off some, nerves not muscles. and atrophy will be less. Most people never noticed any shrinkage on me.

I'm assuming you took other routes like PT, usually required by insurance before surgery anyway, etc? Most of my neck is fused. Just be good to yourself post op. The weights will be there. It sucks losing some strength and size but you'll get it back in no time!

I'm assuming you took other routes like PT, usually required by insurance before surgery anyway, etc? Most of my neck is fused. Just be good to yourself post op. The weights will be there. It sucks losing some strength and size but you'll get it back in no time!
Yes it’s been ongoing for years progressively getting worse over time.

Had L4-5 fused laminectomy and some rods put in about 11 years ago after having my shoulder replaced 3 months before. I was out of the gym for 10 days. The started back lifting what i could without doing any injury. As i wanted to keep atrophy to a minimum. My orthos have acknowledged that stimulating one arm for example still allows the nerves in the other side to fire off some, nerves not muscles. and atrophy will be less. Most people never noticed any shrinkage on me.

👍

Thanks for the replies.Surgery went well, things were worse than the mri’s showed. Doctor said it was worth having the surgery. My original pain is gone, now just tight muscles for a little while where the stretched the joint capsule slightly, and having to sleep in a recliner is old already, ready to just heal and slowly work my way back, love training, but starting to think heavyweights may move to the side and focus on functional and healthy.

Thanks for the replies.Surgery went well, things were worse than the mri’s showed. Doctor said it was worth having the surgery. My original pain is gone, now just tight muscles for a little while where the stretched the joint capsule slightly, and having to sleep in a recliner is old already, ready to just heal and slowly work my way back, love training, but starting to think heavyweights may move to the side and focus on functional and healthy.
What’s the recovery timeline for this? 6 months or more?

Cage

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311