over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cheat meal...homemade fried chiccken

king1033

Registered
Ok I have recently became addicted to this fried chicken recipe I got from a friend, the chicken tasted amazing, I used veggie oil to fry it in, now if you were me, what oil would you use to fry the chicken without sacrificing taste?

Last edited:
Ok

Ok I have recently became addicted to this fried chicken recipe I got from a friend, the chicken tasted amazing, I used veggie oil to fry it in, now it you were me, what oil would you use to fry the chicken without sacrificing taste?

Step back from the computer.............slooooooooooooowly get out the recipie book........tell me the recipie......no tricks..............hand it over and I will tell you what you need to know.............

store the oil in a jar after cooking with it... then use it again... that won't sacrifice taste... it'll make it taste better!

:D

well for the oil they told me to use veggie oil, (never really made fried chicken before so it was certainly a delight for me) and for the flour i added ground mustard, cayenne, paprika, sea salt and tossed it all together and through the chicken in the bowl (after i dipped the chicken and buttermilk) then popped the lid on and shook it to get the powdery mixture all over the chicken, then i had to wait and let it sit in the bowl til the powder became like a paste then popped it in the oil for about 40 minutes turning every 10-15 til nice and crispy. It was friggen delicious!!! but! can it be more delicious and....nutritious??

Why not use virgin coconut oil? I'd be like coconut shrimp, sort of.

haha...

Step back from the computer.............slooooooooooooowly get out the recipie book........tell me the recipie......no tricks..............hand it over and I will tell you what you need to know.............

I woke up and feeling hungry, this was not good to see......dont rembember when I had fried chicken last:confused:

(IMHO) To me the healthiest oil to use is canola oil. Only drawback of canola oil is that it may not respond well to high temperatures. Which means cooking time is longer because it's a low temp that will get the job done. High temp will burn the oil and ruin the taste of your food. Another good choice and actually a frequent one used is peanut oil, which is also high in monounsaturated fat.

Good stuff.

Like to have it on Sundays when anything goes.

I have mixed and marched recipes, one thing I came to realize, however you cook it or spices you use, make sure you let the chicken stay in BUTTERMILK FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE COOKING

Trust me, you wont be dissapointed ;)

Chip

OMG! I just recently got a recipe from online for a Popeye's type, spicy fried chicken. At no point did it remind me of Popeye's but it was AWESOME! I ended up making a bunch and giving it to family who INHALED it!

store the oil in a jar after cooking with it... then use it again... that won't sacrifice taste... it'll make it taste better!

:D

this is absolutely true, especially if you are using seasoned flour.

I do 75% veg oil and 25% peanut oil. Peanut oil will add flavor and increase the smoke point slighty. Also I use corn flakes cereal for the outside coating. Crunch them up in your hands and mix that with some garlic powder and small amount of poultry seasoning along with salt and pepper. That my fav "crust" for fried chicken. I made it for the brothers at work and they went wild askin me how a white boy knew how to make some fryed chicken. LOL (strong no racsist here guys I am THE only white guy at work)

Until last year my gf was Director of International Marketing for Popeyes. They have restaraunts in like 40 countries. The travel was brutal. She also held the same position for Church's Chicken.

Secret for the Chicken:

Dredge lightly in a flour mixture, then your buttermilk, or egg wash (You can use plain low fat yougurt as an alternative, and let sit for a few minutes forming a "paste" or glue like substance. Then dredge in the seasoned mixture and it will "Stick".

Also temperature at frying is very important. Many people add too many pieces to too little oil and allow the temperature to temporarily drop and allow the chicken and coating to "absorb" too much oil.

Yup thats the "standard breading procedure" wet dry wey dry. oil should be at 350 degrees. You can buy a oil thermometor at the highend stores to measure oil temp. Its very helpful for stove top deepfrying.

Until last year my gf was Director of International Marketing for Popeyes. They have restaraunts in like 40 countries. The travel was brutal. She also held the same position for Church's Chicken.

Secret for the Chicken:

Dredge lightly in a flour mixture, then your buttermilk, or egg wash (You can use plain low fat yougurt as an alternative, and let sit for a few minutes forming a "paste" or glue like substance. Then dredge in the seasoned mixture and it will "Stick".

Also temperature at frying is very important. Many people add too many pieces to too little oil and allow the temperature to temporarily drop and allow the chicken and coating to "absorb" too much oil.

Ok I have recently became addicted to this fried chicken recipe I got from a friend, the chicken tasted amazing, I used veggie oil to fry it in, now if you were me, what oil would you use to fry the chicken without sacrificing taste?

Its your cheat meal,,,cook it in any oil that you like.

For a cheat meal- my moms recipe

soak the chicken for about 10 min in hot salty water
from the salt water right into regular flour - roll it around in the flour
and make sure is coated well - from the flour right to the
skillet that has half olive oil half butter (about 2 - 3 millimeters deep -
heated to 350).
Brown one side (takes about 5-7 minutes) then flip the chicken and put the
cover on the skillet and cook for about 20 - 25 minutes.
The cover helps steam the chicken all the way through.
It's not deep fried but tastes delicious - a little salt and pepper is the
only seasoning.

Found this on the net about reusing cooking oil.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Many kitchens often see reusing of the cooking oil. It was believed that there was no danger in reusing cooked oil especially vegetable oils. But recent researches have found out that reusing cooked, or boiled vegetable oils again to cook will create big hazard to life.

A recent study found that a toxin called 4-hydroxy-trans-2-nonenal (HNE) forms when such oils as canola, corn, soybean and sunflower oils are reheated. Consumption of foods containing HNE from cooking oils has been associated with increased risks of cardiovascular disease, stroke, Parkinson'?s disease, Alzheimer's disease, Huntington's disease, various liver disorders, and cancer.

Once absorbed in the body, HNE reacts with DNA, RNA and proteins affecting basic cellular processes. HNE is a well known, highly toxic compound that is easily absorbed from the diet,is highly reactive with proteins, nucleic acids--DNA and RNA. HNE is formed from the oxidation of linoleic acid, and reports have related it to several diseases, including atherosclerosis, stroke, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Huntington's and liver diseases.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131