over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Salads as a daily cheat meal in the off-season

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Ok the title is obviously click bait but hear me out

An easy way to enjoy salad, so that you actually want to eat it everyday, is by loading it up with cheese, sunflower seeds, dressing, croutons, fried onions, etc.

Now most of us consider vegetables a food for when we are trying to lose fat, so the idea of these fatty, high calorie salads doesn't really come into our minds

But in reality a salad like this is probably only going to be 500-600 calories, and while we might not want to "waste" that many calories while dieting

We can easily squeeze in a small portion of food of that calorie amount at the end of every night, as a sort of night cap after dinner or before bed, when we are in the off-season and/or just trying to be and get big and aren't worried about cutting

The extra cheese, dressings, etc, make the salad somewhat fatty, sure, but the dark green leafys, the fresh carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, peppers, etc, are still there.

I don't know about you guys but I usually don't get that many veggies in my diet unless I am cutting, partially because I'm already eating a lot and they just aren't as appetizing at that point

But one of these fatty salads is still delicious and appetizing even when stuffing my face the rest of the day

And having that decent portion of assorted fresh vegetables has got to have a wide variety of hitherto undiscovered healthy benefits, including some for anabolism, and of course, all the benefits we already know of too

I eat salad a lot when cucumbers are in season and I just put in cucumbers, tomatoes and pepperochinis(sp)
for dressing I mix 3 parts red wine vinegar and 1 part apple cider vinegar. I then Salt, pepper, lawrys season salt and a little bit of garlic and add water. You can also add in a table.spoon of vegetable oil (which tastes best). But if you use a little more water instead its still very good and you can save some calories.

I banged some spinach, cucumber and tomato in my protein shake today.

Pretty good, taste very fresh

I’m a bit confused what this post is?

Are you just saying “hey, this tasty food is super high calorie, so just eat less of it”?

I mean yeah sure, you can do that with anything if you want I guess 😂

I love salads, the negative can be the dressing but there are ones that aren't that bad and some that are downright healthy. I always make too much salad though and can't finish it.

I eat veggies cutting or gaining. When i first started it was a challenge but now i look forward to them And since eating far more veggies i tend to go at least a few years at a time without a day sick. And recovery is better in general from all the high quality nutrition.

You can make a salad taste amazing without adding too many calories. Although a nutrient dense salad is never a bad thing so throw in an avocado, berries, nuts, feta cheese etc. Let's see if I have some old pics on this computer...

I should add for a dressing something like maggi sauce with lemon juice will bring any salad to life :)

You know to eat! Nice presentation too!

What’s the line between a bowl of fruit and a salad. I feel the lines are blurry.

You know to eat! Nice presentation too!

What’s the line between a bowl of fruit and a salad. I feel the lines are blurry.

You make the line... no rules just personal preference.

I can make a salad with no fruit but the fruit ones will always taste better for me. If you want to keep it just green I recommend a good mix such as lettuce, swiss chard, kale, spinach and wild rocket etc. For me the greener the salad the more important the dressing is because without one they don't taste great. A low calorie one would be like I posted above so maggi sauce and lemon juice. Even just lemon juice with some seasoning would work. If you want some healthy fats then EVOO and maybe add some balsamic (or apple cider) vinegar to that. For a green salad I would also recommend a good seasoning mix. Most supermarkets sell herb mixes for salads which usually contain things like parsley, thyme, oregano and mint etc. I urge you to try some blueberries, strawberries and avocado in a salad and drizzle it with lemon juice.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131