advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much cardio do you perform in the off-season?

headtrainer

Registered
I’m currently doing 20 minutes of cardio 3 times per week. I do cardio after my MWF weight lifting workouts—the days I don’t do legs. I’m not doing cardio for fat loss, but rather health reasons and to be able to get a better leg workout.

Never had an off-season but soon will do and as I’ve always been fat probably a lot more cardio than I’d like 😂

Here in the UK everyone separates cardio and “steps” now cause it’s trendy apparently. Im currently doing 12k steps/day and 20 mins or cardio 6 days a week and it sucks

Two weeks ago I started doing fasted morning walks. 1hr outside. Soaking in sun light on my skin and into my eyes. I do this everyday and plan to keep up this routine until my end date.
At night I run 2-3miles every day.
I throw in a 5-6 mile run if I don't spar(boxing) that day
Hybrid training inspired by Nick Bare

Which scenario would you guys find more benefit to staying leaner during a gaining phase?

A 30 minute walk fasted in the am before eating when insulin is low for the fat mobilization benefits

Or

Wake up and eat right away to get the protein in, but do a Stan Efferding type of 10 walk right after eating for all of its purported benefits on digestion a dm nutrient partitioning.

Which scenario would you guys find more benefit to staying leaner during a gaining phase?

A 30 minute walk fasted in the am before eating when insulin is low for the fat mobilization benefits

Or

Wake up and eat right away to get the protein in, but do a Stan Efferding type of 10 walk right after eating for all of its purported benefits on digestion a dm nutrient partitioning.
I would say first option for sure. Reason for it is : first option will keep you lean so you will naturally utilise food in great manner.

Or

Fasted cardio first thing in the AM or post training. No need to over complicate it.

I eat first thing in the morning then 45 min later I run 2 miles. Gets my metabolism going and some energy for my run. Than I lift at night. Running to me is really important. Getting my heart rate up strengthens my heart and really helps with my bloodwork.

Or

I personally think what it comes down to is what burns the most calories. 30 minutes burns more than 10. I personally do fasted am gh cardio 2x a week 30 mins elliptical, then 1.5 hr hike on weekends. But I've found adding post eating walks has caught the scale to dip on same calories so I do both.

I do 20 before and 20 after working out just for the sake of doing it. Never needed cardio to get lean. Not to mention fasted cardio.

Walking incline treadmill 4-5 days a week 20-30 minutes before weights.

I do 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.2 most every day of the week, except leg day, and maybe the day after legs depending on how I feel, lol. I just feel so much better, especially now that I have 'aged,' lol. I don't have huge legs, so I have to be careful to not have it negatively effect me in that way. That said, a measly 30-min of just brisk walking has never effected me bad. I remember Duchaine mentioning the same thing. I usually do either walking on the treadmill or get on the stationary bike. I still try to do it fasted in the morning if possible and then train later in the day. If not, i'll hit 20-30 min post-training.

I personally think what it comes down to is what burns the most calories. 30 minutes burns more than 10. I personally do fasted am gh cardio 2x a week 30 mins elliptical, then 1.5 hr hike on weekends. But I've found adding post eating walks has caught the scale to dip on same calories so I do both.
Stan suggests 10 min walks after EVERY MEAL. So it’s not just 30 vs 10.

The law of physics shows it takes a certain amount of energy to move an object from point A to B. So how much time is done whether all at once or broken up should be the same for calories burned. I like and respect Stan , but as i remember the study he uses was with sedentary people that started moving so anything should have worked for them and he doesn't like to do aerobics from what i seem to remember. Mostly i find it is what people are willing to do consistently is what matters. The studies i have seen from heart health and/or calories used seem to shown it can be done all at once or broken up with the same results. I have done moderate aerobics most of my life. I throw in some HIIT on occasion, but that kind of sucks for me so i am less consistent with that. Walking the dog for 40-60 min. at 3-3.5 mph is more my speed typically.

10 minutes 3x week at 145 ish BPM for cardiovascular health

for the last 2 years 30 minutes of treadmill 6x a week with a heart rate of 120-140

currently planning 5x20
minutes of cardio on the treadmill in the morning and 10k steps during the day 7 days a week- since I started to control my steps and try to do them at least 10,000 a day, my digestion is perfect, my lipids are perfect, my insulin sensitivity is fantastic

25 minutes 4x a week

Incline treadmill speed 3.3-3.7 with a 6 incline. HR around 120-130

+ 10k steps a day

I should be doing 2 hours a day, as fat as I am.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws