over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheat meal into meals

Sir Anabolic

Registered
I like to have 1 cheat meal during the week, on Sunday night, and that usually turns into several. Any tips on combating a binge? :banghead:

I'm sure I'm not the only one guilty here... :cool:

Choose low calorie foods if you want to continue eating after your initial cheat meal, e.g., cashew/almond milk with a stevia extract flavoring, sugar free pudding, Greek yogurt, steamed vegetables with fat free cheese melted on top, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know how you feel. It's tough mentally because I can be stuffed but not satisfied. I just want to keep eating.

I personally have found that not keeping anything junk food in my house and going out to eat for a cheat meal has helped control my binges. Whenever I used to cook a cheat meal at home I'd always cook way too much but still try and eat it all and it would just lead to a bad time lol.

It seems your current diet is making you feel deprived hence why you want to just stuff yourself when you get a license to eat a free meal. I would say be less restrictive with your diet during the other 6 days, maybe also add calories slightly if you can. You could also add another free meal for Wednesday and see how it goes.. your overall calories for the week might be lower even when adding this meal if it makes you not binge on Sunday.

So to summarise, willpower etc won't probably help, you need to modify your base diet.

Metformin has helped me tremendously with this. It keeps my blood sugar under control and cravings at bay.

Depending on your level of leanness Have you tried a cheat/refeed day?

Put the fucking fork down..? How hard is it?

Put the fucking fork down..? How hard is it?

It can be pretty hard bro. Some people eat for other reasons then just sculpting their physique. I have an acquaintance that eats because he is stressed, emotionally sad, happy, etc. It is really weird. Often it is because of some psychological issue and food is their coping mechanism.

In the "gain season" I switch to macro counting and fit in stuff such as captain crunch or snickers into my day. I find that being a lot more flexible allows for a more balanced life. I have enough calories (5600) that I can still get a good chunk from more micro-nutrient type foods as well. In doing this style, I dont need to have any cheat days/cheat meals because I can satisfy my cravings. I LOVE starburst jelly beans. I'd be a wreck without a few handfuls a day ;) I wish the best of luck bro!

Last edited:
It can be pretty hard bro. Some people eat for other reasons then just sculpting their physique. I have an acquaintance that eats because he is stressed, emotionally sad, happy, etc. It is really weird. Often it is because of some psychological issue and food is their coping mechanism.

In the "gain season" I switch to macro counting and fit in stuff such as captain crunch or snickers into my day. I find that being a lot more flexible allows for a more balanced life. I have enough calories (5600) that I can still get a good chunk from more micro-nutrient type foods as well. In doing this style, I dont need to have any cheat days/cheat meals because I can satisfy my cravings. I LOVE starburst jelly beans. I'd be a wreck without a few handfuls a day ;) I wish the best of luck bro!

actually that isn't weird at all. lol

food is a drug, people abuse all forms of drugs.

i think ppl abuse food more then nay other drug.

if you think our world is not in any way about eating to survive and very rarely even about eating for only health and survival.

eating has become sport, social, and therapeutic...

drugs can be easy to stop compared to food, think cocaine is not a normal everyday item for most, but cookies are!

food plays on the same systems can actually be harder to separate out th emental and addiction parts because of the fucked up role "food" has in our society.

there are no tricks, its self discipline or drugs or both.

Then bodybuilding might not be your thing. If you can't control your diet and training you should probably switch hobbies.

I'm dieting pretty damn hard, no issues at all until come Sunday. I def need the refeed, but like I said that turns into sefveral refeeds lol.

It's not the end of the world, I want to relax splurge a bit, I'm not competing for the Olympia here lol. The guilt after sucks but I'm back at it the next day.

I know how you feel. It's tough mentally because I can be stuffed but not satisfied. I just want to keep eating.

I personally have found that not keeping anything junk food in my house and going out to eat for a cheat meal has helped control my binges. Whenever I used to cook a cheat meal at home I'd always cook way too much but still try and eat it all and it would just lead to a bad time lol.

That's me right there hahahaha

Then bodybuilding might not be your thing. If you can't control your diet and training you should probably switch hobbies.

Right on - there is a HUGE difference in "bodybuilding" and "weightlifting"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone choosing to lift, but not being anal about diet. I just personally like the challenge. In some sick way - over coming the hunger gives me a huge sense of satisfaction.

- that being said - I sure as hell got away from this discipline for a while, but will use this contest to get right.

Then splurge on your multiple cheat meals and regret it the next day.

Or...put the fork down..you really have two choices.

I'm just saying, instead of being abressive, be a bit more supportive or help the individual a bit more.. It's easy to say "put the fork down," but it's harder to show compassion and find what's causing it or how to manage it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws