over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CHEST...

Ali

Registered
Regardless of what I do for chest it seems i can NEVER get sore the following day. I know that soreness is not a good indication of whether you are progressing in the gym, however, it would be nice to just feel tight and sore the following day like i do with other body parts.

I am currently doing DIPS/DECLINES only and chest happens to be my weakest body part as well...go figure lol

I know there is no upper and lower chest, but i am despearatly lacking muscle in the upper region right under the clavicle bone...i guess i just feel like venting a bit!!

Any one else go have this issue?

Follow Phils plan is my advice.
Try DB decline, that makes my chest really sore.

Follow Phils plan is my advice.
Try DB decline, that makes my chest really sore.

Yea, that is somethign i haven't really tried yet. I stick with barbell declines and weighted dips. The thing about it is am progressing as far as adding weight or reps to each chest session, but never really feel it the next day.

going real deep and getting a good stretch with the weighted dips has been doing it for me bro

slap 10 lbs on each side of the bar... do 200 reps for 20 sets... you'll feel sore for a week, and your chest will get smaller

follow what phil says, you won't feel sore, you'll increase poundage, and keep on growing...

you be the judge if soreness is all it's cracked up to be

just because your not sore does not mean your not getting a good work out

You may not be sore but do you see any difference in size or growing?

Yes

Regardless of what I do for chest it seems i can NEVER get sore the following day. I know that soreness is not a good indication of whether you are progressing in the gym, however, it would be nice to just feel tight and sore the following day like i do with other body parts.

I am currently doing DIPS/DECLINES only and chest happens to be my weakest body part as well...go figure lol

I know there is no upper and lower chest, but i am despearatly lacking muscle in the upper region right under the clavicle bone...i guess i just feel like venting a bit!!

I will never lie to anyone about this........and we have had many emails over this subject.....it just is not going to happen if it has not happened yet.....DO NOT CONCERN YOURSELF WITH SORENESS......concern yourself with strength/size gains. Train hard, let genetics take the blame........dont beat yourself up over it.

don't feel bad bro i have good upper chest but nothing in the lower half this is also my bad body part.like Phil said either its going to happen or not. genetics were not on my side in this area.

Get leaner. What you do have will show more.

I always feel better (mentally) when muscles are sore after working out but lately it seems as if the soreness is more joint related (sign of getting old I guess)

Dont mean to hijack - Since we are on a chest thread - I figured I'd ask here. What exercises are best for lower chest. I know declines are - as well as Cable crossovers from above (mid & lower chest) but this is my one part that is lagging. I think that part of the lagging is due to previous gyno surgery but I think if I can bring up the lower Pecs it may help.

I will never lie to anyone about this........and we have had many emails over this subject.....it just is not going to happen if it has not happened yet.....DO NOT CONCERN YOURSELF WITH SORENESS......concern yourself with strength/size gains. Train hard, let genetics take the blame........dont beat yourself up over it.

You are right...and i do follow everything as you know :) Just curious to know if others were getting sore but i guess that doesn't really matter what others do its about ME and how I respond.

YOU MAY

going real deep and getting a good stretch with the weighted dips has been doing it for me bro

want to talk to Phil about this..going deep for DIPS sounds like an injury weighitn go happen. I barely go down parallal and back up, with no lock out. roughly 70-80% of full range.

phill is right dont beat youself over this. soreness means nothing.think about this when you have great sex does ur junk feel sore the next day ..NO but that dont mean the sex was not great.....:p

LOL

phill is right dont beat youself over this. soreness means nothing.think about this when you have great sex does ur junk feel sore the next day ..NO but that dont mean the sex was not great.....:p

good point !

I don't want to hijack this thread, but here is what I do for a change if I don't feel the muscle I'm working...I lighten the weight, slow the rep spead down by half, focus entirely on the muscle being worked, squeeze/flex the muscle at it's peak contraction, pause for a second and slowly release.

I do this every so often for a change and I really feel it......

This is just my 2 cents.

Phil has you doing dips, right? Do an Internet search on Gironda dips. Try doing your dips in this fashion for variety. It works the hell out of your chest.

Phil has you doing dips, right? Do an Internet search on Gironda dips. Try doing your dips in this fashion for variety. It works the hell out of your chest.

Just youtubed them...not sure if these are Phil approved or not, but it's intersting varation.

I'm sure he will be fine with them. I do them, and just never asked if I could :devil:smi

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity