over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chicken vs the other white meat

Glad you mentioned this because I was at the store yesterday and saw some bone-in pork chops for sale

I usually eat pork only when I eat bacon, and that isn't very much. I usually eat turkey bacon.

I've always stayed away from pork because growing up, from a stand point of the strict Christian upbringing I had, it wasn't proper to eat. It wasn't a big deal or anything, I would still eat bacon and pepperoni pizza (Not hardcore like 7th day adventists could be)

Then I read a book called Natural cures, and I'm not sure if it is true or not, but it was saying how this porcine virus in pork can lead to adverse health effects in humans. Basically the virus is not destroyed from the high heat of cooking either.

Well that scared me a little bit, but I have yet to see any science articles discussing whether this is true or not. Could just be sensationalism for a book.

But looking the price for the pork loins and the protein content, I am sure tempted to get some.

About 4 yrs ago I dieted down eating only chicken. I had this 6 times a day for 9 months. The last month i had to gag it down. Now I can't stand chicken. I must admit during those 9 months i just boiled it with some salt and pepper and ate it like that. Now sure i can eat it if I want to roll it in flour and fry it but hell that's not good.

So now I'm thinking of the other white meat "lean pork". Is this bad thinking or will it work as a chicken supplement. Yesterday I seasoned some lean pork pieces and threw it in the oven, roasted it and hell it was good.

For some reason I just dont digest pork very well at all. Never knew why I just try to avoid it.

Why not halibut or talapia. They dont have real strong "fishy" flavors and pretty much soak up the flavor of how ever you cook them.

The trick with chicken is how you prepare it. I highly recommend using a slow cooker/crock pot cooking it on low, the chicken will be so tender and moist you can cut it with a knife and it will also shred easily this makes it sooo much easier to eat...

4oz of skinless boneless chicken breast is 4g fat 35g protein.
4oz of sirloin is 7g fat and 35g protein.

...how much difference is that? 3g of fat will make a meaningful difference? Plus it's juicy and tastes great. Chicken breast is dry and tasteless without the skin.

you said you eat roughly a pound of red meat a day. so that 28g of fat vs. 16g probably is going to make a difference especially if you are dieting. i'm just saying there are definitely leaner cuts of beef.

Last edited:
Why not halibut or talapia. They dont have real strong "fishy" flavors and pretty much soak up the flavor of how ever you cook them.

i love tilapia and orange roughy as well. both are very mild and like you said, dont have that "fishy" taste

i love tilapia and orange roughy as well. both are very mild and like you said, dont have that "fishy" taste

Huh ill have to try some orange roughy. Lucky me i work inna food warehouse so have access to almost anything yo can think of. lol I find myself eating more & more fish lately.

you said you eat roughly a pound of red meat a day. so that 28g of fat vs. 16g probably is going to make a difference especially if you are dieting. i'm just saying there are definitely leaner cuts of beef.
I did that last year right up to competition day. I got leaner each day. I guess we're all different. I dropped down to about 60 -75g of fat per day during the last two weeks.

That's how I got to this point:

Attachments

• oscar_15.jpg
    oscar_15.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Pork can be pretty lean but i don't think nearly as lean as chicken breast.

I've been baking my chicken with a little seafood boil in the ban to give it a little spice then i cut it all up into little cubes put in a big ziplock bag with a very little itialian dressing and and little seasoning to taste. it allows the meat to soak up some more flavor , and its easier to measure out consistantly.

I also have been eating some lean ground beef with each meal , i brown it then drain and rinse with hot water then add a little taco seasoning ,

i eat 5oz chicken with 3oz beef mixed in a bowl with 2 cups green beans , i've been doing this for a few months now and still look forward to each meal

here it is with 4oz sweet potatos and 4oz fresh pinapple , thats the AM meal
**broken link removed**

I disagree - Pork Tenderloin is more leaner than the Chicken!

You look GREAT Ojs, and you are right, everyone's body works a little different.

speaking of pork tenderloin, i usually try to stay away from pork as i heard it has an "inferior" amino profile when compared to red meat/fish/chicken. Do any of you eat it regularly?

i also have been buying bulk packs of turkey tenderloins which are delicious.

You look GREAT Ojs, and you are right, everyone's body works a little different.

speaking of pork tenderloin, i usually try to stay away from pork as i heard it has an "inferior" amino profile when compared to red meat/fish/chicken. Do any of you eat it regularly?

i also have been buying bulk packs of turkey tenderloins which are delicious.
Thanks. Personally, if I eat chicken or especially turkey regularly it aggravates my arthritis pains and tendon pains. On the other hand, red meat and pink fish, no problems at all.

Thanks. Personally, if I eat chicken or especially turkey regularly it aggravates my arthritis pains and tendon pains. .
Interesting. Wonder what's in the chicken or turkey that could cause this.

Interesting. Wonder what's in the chicken or turkey that could cause this.
I have no clue. But I've recently read that they both show up very high in some inflammatory foods scale.

I have no clue. But I've recently read that they both show up very high in some inflammatory foods scale.

i might have to try adding more red meat Ojs. i have osteoarthritis in my left shoulder due to a couple botched shoulder surgeries after college football. most of the time my shoulder is fine if i stick to my upperbody stretch routines and stay on Glucosomine/MSM but lately it has been killing me. i'm going to try switching my protein sources to only red meat after my contest and see how it helps.

i might have to try adding more red meat Ojs. i have osteoarthritis in my left shoulder due to a couple botched shoulder surgeries after college football. most of the time my shoulder is fine if i stick to my upperbody stretch routines and stay on Glucosomine/MSM but lately it has been killing me. i'm going to try switching my protein sources to only red meat after my contest and see how it helps.
osteoarthritis is a real bitch. I just started having problems this yr only to find out I have it in both shoulders, my neck, both ankles and both knees. It has really fucked me up where there are days I can't walk or stand at all. When it hits my neck it gives me headaches in the temples so bad that I lose my balance and sometimes have no clue what I'm doing or saying.

I don't eat chicken or turkey. They just aggravates my arthritis, tendinitis and other joint pains. I stick to red meat 4 times a day right up to contest. I throw in pink fish (water's red meat) 3 or 4 times a week. Sirloin is as lean or leaner than chicken breast.

Why does poultry aggravate your arthritis? I never heard of this but I have arthritis and eat a lot of chicken.

Why does poultry aggravate your arthritis? I never heard of this but I have arthritis and eat a lot of chicken.
I used to eat exclusively turkey & chicken and occasional fish like tuna, etc. My arthritis was so bad I couldn't hold a coffee cup in the morning without pain. And I didn't eat red meat or eggs because my cholesterol was high and I was on cholesterol meds.

A little over 10 years ago I started changing everything. I added red meat and eggs. Then started removing white meats completely. And finally started replacing starches with vegetables. After a few years no more cholesterol meds, no more blood pressure meds and I even forgot about my arthitis. It just went away after years of pain. Got nothing more to say since I don't really know how it all works. It's all such a complex maze of chemical pathways. I'm just glad it all worked in my favor.

Yesterday I removed all the fat from a whole pork tenderloin roast put in my home rotisserie. Man I have to tell you it was unbelievable. Juicy, low in fat and tasted great. Had it with cottage cheese, green beans and a banana. Yummy

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear