over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

chicken breast vs. chicken tenderloin

Fleezy

Registered
Newbies
tender.jpg

breast.jpg

am i missing something?

chicken tenderloins appear to be vastly leaner protein than chicken breasts - almost as lean as white fish, but at a lower cost, and without the mercury

but i never hear of bodybuilders eating these cuts of chicken

1/25 = 4% fat in a tenderloin
3.6/31 = 11.6% fat in a chicken breast

might not seem like a tremendous difference, but when you are eating 300-400g of protein worth from these sources, it can add up quickly - especially aggregated over the weeks and months of a prep

thoughts?

The tenderloins are underneath the breast, almost like a cutlet. Far away from the fattier meat closer to the skin. But the cost difference is the consideration. Are you enjoying tenderloins for the taste and texture of the meat or are you getting as much protein in as you can? Most people go full breast because it can be added to all sorts of things. Tenderloins would be good just lightly grilled with a creamy sauce and some oregano and maybe cilantro (I can't eat cilatro). It's the filet mignon of the entire chicken.

The tenderloins are underneath the breast, almost like a cutlet. Far away from the fattier meat closer to the skin. But the cost difference is the consideration. Are you enjoying tenderloins for the taste and texture of the meat or are you getting as much protein in as you can? Most people go full breast because it can be added to all sorts of things. Tenderloins would be good just lightly grilled with a creamy sauce and some oregano and maybe cilantro (I can't eat cilatro). It's the filet mignon of the entire chicken.

Well currently I’m dieting down pretty hard, so I’m going for the leaner cut

But you are correct, tenderloins are more expensive by a bit

But I’m looking to expedite this diet phase as much as possible

According to my calculations, if one is getting 375-400g of protein from tenderloins vs breasts, it’s around 1,750 calorie difference aggregated over a week

Chicken breast = more protein, cheaper, still very little fat.

Never seen a high level coach put chicken tenderloin on the diet plan, it's always skinless, boneless chicken breast.
If your that concerned with the very minimal fat in a breast you can actually trim a little of it off.

Chicken breasts are dry but tenderloins are drier. You can still make whole breasts juicy but, other than smothering them in ranch or frying them, not sure how else to make chicken tenderloins palatable. Just my .02

Chicken breasts are dry but tenderloins are drier. You can still make whole breasts juicy but, other than smothering them in ranch or frying them, not sure how else to make chicken tenderloins palatable. Just my .02
I prefer the thighs (dark meat) and just make up the fat calories somewhere else.
If you nail cooking a chicken breast they can be juicy, the old Foreman grill does it pretty dependably

Only downside to tenderloins in the tendon/ligament. You can pull it out with a fork but takes a few minutes

I always thought the tenderloin was under the breast closer to the ribs. Do you guys ever smash your chicken with a glass or hammer? It definitely tenderizes the meat and allows for more even cooking. Toss a little salt, pepper and olive oil and bam!

I also though tenderloin was just sliced breast lol
Same. I noticed the calorie difference in the ones that say "with rib meat". Pork is all over the place. Aldi's used to have cuts of pork that were 140 calories per 4 oz. Then they changed the exact same cut to 190 calories in the label. Aldi's did this with another food where the calories were changed one time when I got the exact same product.

this! x10, but i buy leg quarters without bone, cheaper, and nutrient dense, easy to cook into stews etc on pan, stays moist in the sauces, cheaper
i just made some thighs w a weber seasoning i’ve never seen before, Honey Garlic. 👍🏻👍🏻

Buy a 5 dollar Costco rotisserie lol

For the price tenderloins just aren't worth it to me and they are so small. Chicken breast fat is almost non-existent, but I always take some kitchen sheers and clean it up any way.

I can get my chicken breast (almost) as tender as tenderloins. Put some olive oil on the breasts then salt/pepper/garlic. Sear them over high heat on a gas/charcoal/pellet grill on both sides, then indirect heat for 45min to an hour and they are melting.

this! x10, but i buy leg quarters without bone, cheaper, and nutrient dense, easy to cook into stews etc on pan, stays moist in the sauces, cheaper
LOL ^^ I just grilled some AMAZING leg quarters yesterday 😋 they turned out delicious

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws