advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

finally tuned up diet. this prepped chicken is killing me.

GlennGugliaJr

Registered
Newbies
finally back heavy into the lifting after a few years of life, children, addiction, incarceration and work. got my routine and diet down but this chicken and rice is torture. i eat it twice and find myself swishing water for those 2 meals just to help make it end faster. currently 6'0 235. going natty for a while first. 3467 calories a day. this is my first go at clean bulking. how do you make these chicken and rice meals go by faster. probably going to start drinking the egg whites in the mornings too.

try various seasonings, sugar free sauces. or whitefish, 96/4 ground beef ,egg whites. If you dont like rice switch over to sweet potato, oats, flavored cream of rice.. compliance is much easier with foods you like

Cook your rice in bone broth. Adds a better flavor to it.

Mustard/hot sauces for the chicken. I shred mine after cooking. makes the texture more tolerable to eat reheated

Kinders seasoning... I go heavy as it covers my salt intake. I'll but the caramelized onion in my rice even.

Flavor Gang sauces are killer
Take out
Butcher (favorite)
Chicky pad thai
Take out
Drive through

G Hughes has some good bbq and Polynesian sauce also. All <10 cal a serving

And don't over cook the chicken. I dice it into nugget sized pieces and pan cook. Cooks fast and stays moist.

Cook your chicken breast in the oven covered with tin foil so it doesn’t dry out.

When you eat your prepped chicken don’t reheat it in the microwave ( microwave dries out the chicken) just add it to your hot rice.

Use hot sauce, honey mustard, buffalo sauce etc on the chicken and scarf it down.

Very simple stuff man.

Kinders seasoning... I go heavy as it covers my salt intake. I'll but the caramelized onion in my rice even.

Flavor Gang sauces are killer
Take out
Butcher (favorite)
Chicky pad thai
Take out
Drive through

G Hughes has some good bbq and Polynesian sauce also. All <10 cal a serving

And don't over cook the chicken I dice it into nugget sized pieces and pan cook. Cooks fast and stays moist.
that poly sauce from ghughes is disgusting to me. cant believe you enjoy it

Sounds like you need a wife that knows how to cook. Why always chicken and rice anyways? So many other choices.

finally back heavy into the lifting after a few years of life, children, addiction, incarceration and work. got my routine and diet down but this chicken and rice is torture. i eat it twice and find myself swishing water for those 2 meals just to help make it end faster. currently 6'0 235. going natty for a while first. 3467 calories a day. this is my first go at clean bulking. how do you make these chicken and rice meals go by faster. probably going to start drinking the egg whites in the mornings too.
Are you overcooking the chicken? Are you using enough fluid for the rice? And what are you using to make the rice?

99% of people simply can NOT cook worth a shit. I don't know when this became such a difficult thing. Almost every meathead that I have known cooks their chicken and/or beef until is is jerky. If it's that miserable, it may be overcooked. I actually had a friend a few years back that was in his late 20s ask me how to cook chicken... Apparently his mom had been cooking it for him for the entire time he'd been alive. I honestly didn't know how to react...

As for rice, I am currently eating 500-900g carbs daily, (depending on the day) and the only way I can get through those 900g days is the fact that I use chicken and beef bone broth (1:1 ratio to the water) to make my rice. I also use about 20% more fluid than the recipe calls for.

Just a couple of things that help me.

If it's just a matter of having a hard time shoveling in the volume of food...blender. Either blend protein and oats, or add additional broth and make the food into soup. Those aren't my preference, but they both work well when I'm pressed for time.

Are you overcooking the chicken? Are you using enough fluid for the rice? And what are you using to make the rice?

99% of people simply can NOT cook worth a shit. I don't know when this became such a difficult thing. Almost every meathead that I have known cooks their chicken and/or beef until is is jerky. If it's that miserable, it may be overcooked. I actually had a friend a few years back that was in his late 20s ask me how to cook chicken... Apparently his mom had been cooking it for him for the entire time he'd been alive. I honestly didn't know how to react...

As for rice, I am currently eating 500-900g carbs daily, (depending on the day) and the only way I can get through those 900g days is the fact that I use chicken and beef bone broth (1:1 ratio to the water) to make my rice. I also use about 20% more fluid than the recipe calls for.

If it's just a matter of having a hard time shoveling in the volume of food...blender. Either blend protein and oats, or add additional broth and make the food into soup. Those aren't my preference, but they both work well when I'm pressed for time.
soup actually sounds alright

Put some ketchup on it, salt, pepper etc. Toss some onions, peppers, mushrooms in the pot. Teriyaki sauce too. Pasta sauce etc.

my thing is i cant coko every meal. i have to prep and put in lunch box and bring to work for the 10 hour shifts and the hour commute each way
I hate reheated food so I just do intermittent fasting eat all my food after work and around training...less time packing Tupperware= more time to train and sleep. At the amount of calories your eating shouldn't be a problem. If you were eating 6 k a different story.

I can only do cooked chicken breast if its fresh, its a texture thing. I'll take white fish if I need a super lean meat because of how easy it is to get down (barely have to chew), but my staple is ground beef, I just enjoy eating it way more and can stick with it forever.

I can only do cooked chicken breast if its fresh, its a texture thing. I'll take white fish if I need a super lean meat because of how easy it is to get down (barely have to chew), but my staple is ground beef, I just enjoy eating it way more and can stick with it forever.
the beef im good with. they ordered chinese for everyone at work today. i just put some hot mustard and a little soy on the beef and green beans

I hate reheated food so I just do intermittent fasting eat all my food after work and around training...less time packing Tupperware= more time to train and sleep. At the amount of calories your eating shouldn't be a problem. If you were eating 6 k a different story.
each meal is 7oz of meat and 200g carbs. i just feel like the time it takes to eat the chicken and rice meals takes forever. previous guy mentioned bone broth. i think im going to try that

i ate eggs usually egg whites 6+ days a week for 30 years not counting my childhood when it was also 6+ days a week. And ate chicken 3+ times a day 5+ days a week for 25 years. I chewed and swallowed and kept my eye on the ball and where i wanted it to go. Dieting even crap can taste good. When bulking i just dealt with it. After 20 years though i started mixing my chicken and veggies with some curry sauce tike indian or thai. That was like having a gourmet meal compared to the early decades.

each meal is 7oz of meat and 200g carbs. i just feel like the time it takes to eat the chicken and rice meals takes forever. previous guy mentioned bone broth. i think im going to try that
So you are basically eating 42 to 54 grams of protein to 200 carbs? Exactly how much protein and carbs you eating a day? Do you include any healthy fats at all?

99% of people simply can NOT cook worth a shit. I don't know when this became such a difficult thing. Almost every meathead that I have known cooks their chicken and/or beef until and is jerky. If it's that miserable, it may be overcooked. I actually had a friend a few years back that was in his late 20s ask me how to cook chicken... Apparently his mom had been cooking it for him for the entire time he'd been alive. I honestly didn't know how to react...

100% accurate. You can literally boil chicken and it will be palatable if you don't overcook it. Then you can just eat it cold so that it doesn't get dry from being re-heated.

The longer you cook any meat, the dryer it will be. You want to cook your meat quickly with high heat. Cutting up your meat into small pieces before cooking it helps it cook faster.

I buy chicken breast tenderloins because they cook faster than a whole chicken breast. Drop them in boiling hot water and pull them out as soon as they're done. Should only be a few minutes.

Ground chicken is another great option. Cook a couple pounds (again don't overcook it), and then put it in a crockpot with mushrooms, red bell pepper, zucchini, bone broth, and any seasoning you want.

When I was in the military I used to get stuck on the flightline for 12 hours without a lunch break sometimes, so at one point I had ziploc baggies full of ground beef in my pockets for emergency protein. Nothing like cold ground beef with a hint of jet fuel for lunch 😋

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131