over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chromium supplementation

Animal21

Newbies
Does anyone supplement Chromium, and if so, what would be the recommended daily dosage. I was told that Chromium can boost testosterone levels and promote muscle growth? How effective is the supplementation of Chromium in relation to fat loss, decreased cortisol production, and does it play a dramatic role in Increasing insulin sensitivity? Is this essential mineral really that essential? Thanks.

Chromium has been touted as a muscle builder/fat burner for many yrs now. It was right up there with the rest of the miracle steroid replacement supplements of the 80's and 90's. Like any other mineral if you are lacking in it of course it will help. 200 mcg is the recommended dose. Will you see dramatic results? No.
Thing is you can get enough through foods alone.
Here is a fact sheet on it.
Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Chromium

Thanks

Chromium has been touted as a muscle builder/fat burner for many yrs now. It was right up there with the rest of the miracle steroid replacement supplements of the 80's and 90's. Like any other mineral if you are lacking in it of course it will help. 200 mcg is the recommended dose. Will you see dramatic results? No.
Thing is you can get enough through foods alone.
Here is a fact sheet on it.
Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Chromium

RC, Thank you for the info on Chromium. I did some more research on it, and you are right on target. Think I may give it a try for a month or so. THanks for the fact sheet as well, very helpful.

Give it a try and see what happens. Sometimes you can find those mega multi vitamins with it right in them.

I think it is fat solulable, so you can take too much. So I would stay away

Chromium poly. might be a better choice. I do know that it is more bio-available. Chromium is definately not a magic pill and some will have you believe.

I take 200 mcg a day just to cover all bases.

I took it in the 90s when I first started really lifting and had no results to speak of. Also tried Vanadyl, Boron, Smilax, Chromium and Yohimbe to name just a few.

I wouldn't really waste my money on it but different things work in different ways for different people. I really don't think it will do much for test levels.

I know, I said the word different way too many times.

I also remember HMB and Ultimate Orange I think it was called! Tried all this plus many other supps. Wish I had all that money spent on those supplements. Oh well, live and learn!

If anyone thinks that chromium will help test levels they are delusional.

There are a lot of shitty sups out there.

Mountain Dog!

If I remember correctly, I THINK he said in his "Mountain Dog Diet" thread he takes up to 1200 mg's/day... MD... any input?

I took it in the 90s when I first started really lifting and had no results to speak of. Also tried Vanadyl, Boron, Smilax, Chromium and Yohimbe to name just a few.

I wouldn't really waste my money on it but different things work in different ways for different people. I really don't think it will do much for test levels.

I know, I said the word different way too many times.

I also remember HMB and Ultimate Orange I think it was called! Tried all this plus many other supps. Wish I had all that money spent on those supplements. Oh well, live and learn!

LOL, you sound like me! What about Hot Stuff, EndoPro, GABA, CLA, Chrysin, and those Atletika supps that were supposedly "Russian secrets"?! Although I really liked Ultimate Orange as a pre-workout stimulant/energy booster...

LOL, you sound like me! What about Hot Stuff, EndoPro, GABA, CLA, Chrysin, and those Atletika supps that were supposedly "Russian secrets"?! Although I really liked Ultimate Orange as a pre-workout stimulant/energy booster...

Chromium did nothing for me but yes, ultimate orange was great.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear