over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Consistently low DHEA SULFATE levels

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys. For about 1.5 to 2 years, I’ve had consistently low DHEA sulfate levels. The levels have been between 65-78 over about 4 blood tests. Reference range is 93-418.

I spent about half the time using test enanthate in the 150-200mg/wk range, the other half using a mix of compounds like test, mast, and primo. Total mg in the 700-1400mg range.

When I noticed how low the levels were, I started using 100mg DHEA and 100mg pregnenolone… but saw zero positive impact on blood levels.

Anyone ever deal with this? Anyone know what this is likely related to and/or how to get this back within reference range?

I’m not even sure what’s related to this issue. I’ve read everything from adrenals to cholesterol, but the information seems all over the place.

In the past has you DHEA levels been good on cycles?
As it is a precursor to testosterone i would think it would be low till you body recovered from the cycle or an outside source was enough to get the levels up.
While different from you recently i had my DHEAS checked while doing 15mg of T daily while taking 50 mg of DHEA and my levels of DHEAS came back at over 600. So I quit taking it. And will need to do another test in the future if a choose a lower dose. On TRT with 25mg of DHEA it used to be around 300.
DHEA can even be affected by estrogen from my reading. There are a number of things along that pathway that could cause an issue.

Hey guys. For about 1.5 to 2 years, I’ve had consistently low DHEA sulfate levels. The levels have been between 65-78 over about 4 blood tests. Reference range is 93-418.

I spent about half the time using test enanthate in the 150-200mg/wk range, the other half using a mix of compounds like test, mast, and primo. Total mg in the 700-1400mg range.

When I noticed how low the levels were, I started using 100mg DHEA and 100mg pregnenolone… but saw zero positive impact on blood levels.

Anyone ever deal with this? Anyone know what this is likely related to and/or how to get this back within reference range?

I’m not even sure what’s related to this issue. I’ve read everything from adrenals to cholesterol, but the information seems all over the place.
If you had your labs drawn 24 hours after you took DHEA, your levels will be back to baseline by the time you get your blood taken.

If you take DHEA right before a blood test, your level will be at its peak and then decline throughout the course of the day.

Would have to look at all the hormone and blood markers to know for sure. But if you have adrenals and cortisol covered then it’s likely due to the Test E as it will decrease upstream hormones like pregnenolone and progesterone, and DHEA.

In the past has you DHEA levels been good on cycles?
As it is a precursor to testosterone i would think it would be low till you body recovered from the cycle or an outside source was enough to get the levels up.
While different from you recently i had my DHEAS checked while doing 15mg of T daily while taking 50 mg of DHEA and my levels of DHEAS came back at over 600. So I quit taking it. And will need to do another test in the future if a choose a lower dose. On TRT with 25mg of DHEA it used to be around 300.
DHEA can even be affected by estrogen from my reading. There are a number of things along that pathway that could cause an issue.

It’s always been within reference range my whole life, on cycle or TRT. That’s what’s puzzling. I’ve gotten the same blood tests for 8-9 years. Never a blip in the radar, it just suddenly tanked and stayed down.

Would have to look at all the hormone and blood markers to know for sure. But if you have adrenals and cortisol covered then it’s likely due to the Test E as it will decrease upstream hormones like pregnenolone and progesterone, and DHEA.

See my response below. I’ve been on cycle and never tested out of reference range. Nothing ever dinged it before.

See my response below. I’ve been on cycle and never tested out of reference range. Nothing ever dinged it before.
My guess would be burnt out HPA axis and adrenals then. I’m really not trying to plug humanofort, but I’d do something like that, adaptogens, bump vitamin c up and focus on sleep quality to help restore adrenals and HPA Axis.

Keep in mind too that DHEA will naturally lower with age slowly.

When I take DHEA and then go in to get my blood drawn right after, my levels are high. I’d strongly suggest getting micronized DHEA. I notice a stronger and longer lasting effect. If you took 100mg right before a blood draw, your levels should be well above reference range.

What brand dhea are you using?

12.5 mgs dhea puts dhea levels at mid range. 25 mgs puts it in high range. I feel better at mid range , 400 if i remember correctly is what lab results shown, on 12.5 mgs .

What brand dhea are you using?

12.5 mgs dhea puts dhea levels at mid range. 25 mgs puts it in high range. I feel better at mid range , 400 if i remember correctly is what lab results shown, on 12.5 mgs .
My results are very similar to yours. I take 25mg Life Extension DHEA and my levels are at the top of the range. My baseline DHEA level was in the 30’s

When I take DHEA and then go in to get my blood drawn right after, my levels are high. I’d strongly suggest getting micronized DHEA. I notice a stronger and longer lasting effect. If you took 100mg right before a blood draw, your levels should be well above reference range.

What dose/brand do you take? And what benefit do you notice?

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws