over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Corn Flakes

TheRoid

Registered
Does anyone here (besides me LOL) consume cornflakes without added sugar with meals in place of rice/cream of rice/oatmeal?
I digest them at lightning speed, zero belly bloat and frankly speaking something to crunch is pleasant to me every now and then.
Again I don't mean just for breakfast or post-workout but as the carbs portion of any meal.

i do this since ages.
i love my veggies/chicken/mushrooms with something crunchy.
i always use plain corn flakes with those meals and love it :D
i thought i am alone

Does anyone here (besides me LOL) consume cornflakes without added sugar with meals in place of rice/cream of rice/oatmeal?
I digest them at lightning speed, zero belly bloat and frankly speaking something to crunch is pleasant to me every now and then.
Again I don't mean just for breakfast or post-workout but as the carbs portion of any meal.
I was honestly thinking of it the other day, Hunter Labrada was doing Rice Krispies and if you agree with his logic than corn flakes as a replacement for cornmeal/grits isn't a bad idea.
Cost is a bit prohibitive, but as far as a "treats" go, zero fat cereal isn't the worst place to be.
Shouldn't be a staple but its no different than having the odd sandwich here or there instead of rice/potatoes.

I think that only few things matter: your preferences and how you digest food. There is really zero difference if you eat rice or cornflakes, that or anyway it will be mixed with proteins and fats. If you cant stand rice and love flakes it is all fine.

My favorite cereal by far...To the point it's the only thing on this planet that no matter where you go they taste the same!

Corn Flakes
Rice Krispies
Special K
Bran Flakes (Wheaties, Raisin Bran) too

Even use CF crushed for bread crumbs.

I think that only few things matter: your preferences and how you digest food. There is really zero difference if you eat rice or cornflakes, that or anyway it will be mixed with proteins and fats. If you cant stand rice and love flakes it is all fine.
Ok but this thread isn't about "are cornflakes good in place of rice".
They are.
I was just wondering how many people here (if any) actually consumed them regularly as a CHO source outside of breakfast.

I was honestly thinking of it the other day, Hunter Labrada was doing Rice Krispies and if you agree with his logic than corn flakes as a replacement for cornmeal/grits isn't a bad idea.
Cost is a bit prohibitive, but as far as a "treats" go, zero fat cereal isn't the worst place to be.
Shouldn't be a staple but its no different than having the odd sandwich here or there instead of rice/potatoes.
I was doing Rice krispies as well bc I saw Hunter doing it.

Rice crispies yes never heard of dudes using corn flakes but if you know it works fuck it

Do you eat the corn flakes plain or with milk?

Do you eat the corn flakes plain or with milk?
if i understood him correctly he is utilizing the corn flakes like me - on a regular meal like veggies+chicken+cornflakes
so plain, no milk. You can even spice them or use a bit of light ketchup etc on them.
I prefer cornflakes instead of rice/noodles etc much more.
My usual meal is a big pan of veggies, meat (chicken, beef, porkfilet, sometimes shrimps or fish) cut in small pieces, mushrooms. Spice everything and mix it up.
Put it in your bowl. Add cereals on top of it and spice again and sprinkle some ketchup
amazing good

if i understood him correctly he is utilizing the corn flakes like me - on a regular meal like veggies+chicken+cornflakes
so plain, no milk. You can even spice them or use a bit of light ketchup etc on them.
My usual meal is a big pan of veggies, meat (chicken, beef, porkfilet, sometimes shrimps or fish) cut in small pieces, mushrooms. Spice everything and mix it up.
Put it in your bowl. Add cereals on top of it and spice again and sprinkle some ketchup
amazing good
Exactly. Plain on a regular meal, either mixed with other foods if the resulting overall taste is fine or plain, in a bowl, as a "side".

amazing good

Interesting. Never thought they could be eaten like that.

Exactly. Plain on a regular meal, either mixed with other foods if the resulting overall taste is fine or plain, in a bowl, as a "side".
I see what you're saying. The biggest thing for me is that I don't think cereal such as cornflakes is that healthy as it's quite processed so I personally wouldn't eat it with all my meals or even daily but every once in a while, it sounds like a good substitute in place of the usual rice etc..

I see what you're saying. The biggest thing for me is that I don't think cereal such as cornflakes is that healthy as it's quite processed so I personally wouldn't eat it with all my meals or even daily but every once in a while, it sounds like a good substitute in place of the usual rice etc..
In general I would agree, but with cornflakes without added crap "processed" means that the flakes are toasted. Stop. Then in most, but NOT all products the plain flakes get flavored with salt, sugar, malt, and many not so healthy additional ingredients.

In general I would agree, but with cornflakes without added crap "processed" means that the flakes are toasted. Stop. Then in most, but NOT all products the plain flakes get flavored with salt, sugar, malt, and many not so healthy additional ingredients.
That's actually a good point. Just googled cornflakes (no added sugar) and the ingredients are, like you said, maize grits and salt.

What brand do you get?

That's actually a good point. Just googled cornflakes (no added sugar) and the ingredients are, like you said, maize grits and salt.

What brand do you get?
Simple Poppins no added sugar. There's only a very tiny, irrelevant amount of added salt.
Now, the frosted flakes with marshmallows...🤦‍♂️

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity