over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

corporate style gyms wtf?

tomuchgear

Registered
ok havent been on in a good while for well a good reason. any way went on vacation bout a month ago. vacation from hell couse well all hell broke loose back home with work. then to boot my gym went under. so havent been able to lift in bout a month. ya i know horrible finaly joined up at this local gym. place has a dance studio, hair salon, etc. first workout in there yesturday freakin packed. been a good while since i have felt small in a gym as well. freakishly large ppl in a small room. with alot of wierd machines i never use, and never will use. question is how to you guys get around in such a crowded corporate type setting. i am used to a more mom and pop style gym. times when i lift like 10 people in there. any tips couse last night was a nightmare.:D

ok havent been on in a good while for well a good reason. any way went on vacation bout a month ago. vacation from hell couse well all hell broke loose back home with work. then to boot my gym went under. so havent been able to lift in bout a month. ya i know horrible finaly joined up at this local gym. place has a dance studio, hair salon, etc. first workout in there yesturday freakin packed. been a good while since i have felt small in a gym as well. freakishly large ppl in a small room. with alot of wierd machines i never use, and never will use. question is how to you guys get around in such a crowded corporate type setting. i am used to a more mom and pop style gym. times when i lift like 10 people in there. any tips couse last night was a nightmare.:D

I say eat some beans and several scoops of protein and just make people clear out with a foul smell :D

No really, the only thing you can do is put in your headphones and block everything out. I had to lift at a Golds in the middle of a big city for a year on my lunch break and it was always slammed. I had to get creative make my own lifts up and shit just to get my workout in. I can't stand it that way nor can I stand being held up or being rushed but thats all you can do really.

hmmmm thanks for the advice ya had my headphones on but wow. just hard to move around waitin for benches. had to to bent over row on a freaking preacher curl bench. either way i will keep lifting there stupid contract. didnt know if any one new a less busy time in a corporate style gym. i went way off peak hours couldnt imagine it at a normal time lol.

hmmmm thanks for the advice ya had my headphones on but wow. just hard to move around waitin for benches. had to to bent over row on a freaking preacher curl bench. either way i will keep lifting there stupid contract. didnt know if any one new a less busy time in a corporate style gym. i went way off peak hours couldnt imagine it at a normal time lol.

have you tried going early am before work? i know you said off peak hours but i have found the morning works better normally than later at night. other than that sounds like you dont have many options...

thats how i used to go but work hours have changed so much. not really an option im goin to try and early lunch today and hit it then.

noticed you are a fellow ohioian :D
whats the gym called, just curious.

The golds here in vegas that used to just be a handfull of guys just like you describe went down. I now go to LVAC which is absolutely packed all of the time, even at 5am. It is really annoying to have to change up the routine i have planned because some trainer has 5 fatty's on all 5 leg press machines or 2 guys using 10 different sets of dumbbells, but you just have to suck it up and move on or it will ruin your workouts.

gym is the advantage club. packed today going to try going at like 10am like mega early lunch break i spose. less people but had to search all over the place for plates and wait to do squats. i am sure i will get used to it once i find my groove there. just a huge change up. 5 am and packed man that is insane. i have never scene a gym packed at 5am. thanks for the advice guys time for an lba.

tomuchgear

that has to suck man.......I sometimes go in at night and is way too crowded..I'm not used to that, so I always get in the early morning hours....just the usual suspects..I know everyone and that crowd is very calm, nice, cool, I dont wait for anything at that time...so it works for me.....

I hope it gets better for you.

thanks i figure it will just gotta find the right time to go over. definetly a huge change of pace.

A couple of things that work for me. Go early morning if you can. Very few people will wake up at 5am to do a workout. Also, stick to basic equipment.For example, squat rack, barbells, pull up bars, etc. These things are usually never used by people. In a big gym most people use cardio equipment, fancy machines, and of course the ab machines.

i dont use alot of machines wich at this gyms seems to be the problem. on a plus note bout 10-10:30 not so bad more like a normal crowd. still busy didnt even think that it doesnt help that its summer time and ppl always crowd up this time of year.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws