over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Could high blood presure meds hinder pump

buldog9

Registered
Now that summer heat is gone. [I live in texas,hot as hell]
I gained 20 lbs too fast and BP has gone up enough to take meds. I noticed I'm not geting the pumps I used to get. I know the extra water weight[which I will get under control in a couple of weeks] is keeping me from looking cut but could the meds keep pumps down. Thanks ahead of time.

Well

I gained 20 lbs too fast and BP has gone up enough to take meds. I noticed I'm not geting the pumps I used to get. I know the extra water weight[which I will get under control in a couple of weeks] is keeping me from looking cut but could the meds keep pumps down. Thanks ahead of time.

Depends.........what are you on?

I'm taking 40 mg ed, thanks for replying Phil

I do not believe so. If anything bp drugs help to dialate the blood vessels. I take that med and a beta blocker. I dont get pumps like I used to now, but I cant lift heavy or hard anymore so I cannot judge from my personal experience. Being natural now also leads to much smaller pumps. When youre loaded up I felt pumped all day long.

I was kind of thinking that also...... [comparing natty to being on, or being on just test] I just finished long ester test only, which I have never done before and never needed AI's. All of the sudden after 8 weeks ...bam I get water retention and bloat. Going back to low dose anabolics.

I was kind of thinking that also...... [comparing natty to being on, or being on just test] I just finished long ester test only, which I have never done before and never needed AI's. All of the sudden after 8 weeks ...bam I get water retention and bloat. Going back to low dose anabolics.

Sounds like you estrogen levels might be up now because of the cycle you ran. Estrogen can cause those sides. Watch out for sensitve nipples, gyno could possibly set in. I wouldnt feak out though unless they start to hurt.

I think the only think with ACE inhibitors will be that you may be tired.....

I personally never had that experience. Beta blockers kick your arse though. Even while on beta blockers the tiredness gets better after a few months of steady dose. I was a zombie at first on beta blockers but never felt a think on ACE inhibitors or ARB's. Everyone is different though.

I think the only think with ACE inhibitors will be that you may be tired.....

What would be the reason, Phil?

I'm on 10mg ramipril ed and didn't really notice that kind of side from it.

does it depend on the type of bp medication?

is there a certain brand/type of bp medicatoin that might be better for a bodybuilder than other types of bp med? -JS

Well

ACE and ARB are best for BBrs because they protect the kidneys from excreting protein.........but look into BYSTOLIC....ask your doctor.

ACE and ARB are best for BBrs because they protect the kidneys from excreting protein.........but look into BYSTOLIC....ask your doctor.
Is there any particular benefit to Bystolic as far as kideys are concerned? I'm on 5mg ed.

Its possible. Out of all the meds Ive ever used. BP meds have always caused me the most troubles.

I'm on bp meds and have no issue with pumps in the gym. To the OP..........your problem is probably related to something else.

This is the same thing that my doctor told me about the BP med I am taking (12.5 mg ED Lisinopril Hydrochlorothiazide - ACE inhibitor and a water pill diuretic rolled into one). It does help protect the kidneys in the long run.

my bp has been weird for the last couple months nothing crazy though. 120/80-140/100 is about as high as it gets when i am on. where should i start with the bp meds. preferably one that will not affect training.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws