YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Could there be a subconscious desire to die when we juice up?

Anabolic_Beast

Registered
Can juicing up be a hidden, subconscious desire to die as a "progressive suicide"? Sure we say that we juice because we want to be "massive" and "strong". But deep inside, just WHY would we take such powerful drugs to build muscles? Are we happy in life? Is there a deeper reason as to why we do take drugs on a daily basis? Why am I asking this? To broaded horizons and perspectives. I have seen so many bros' avatars depict death in some way. I have seen many bros' signatures depict some sort of death stymbol (skulls, fire, demons, blackness etc). I have seen t-shirts in the gym saying "Live Fast Die Hard" or "I'd rather Die young and strong than die old and weak." This entire culture of juice, in my eyes, depict death and the "dark side" so to speak. What does it depict in your eyes?
My question leads to this: Do we juicers have a subconscious desire to die via the route of steroids? Like a slow suicide? I have seen so many posts about sadness, madness, and anger. I have known and read about the drug addiction within bodybuilding and professional circles. On the outside, I know that these questions may seem hilariously ironic, or crazy, but really, all morality and consensus aside, really think about it. Really think hard about it. What would we do in this world if we were the average, fat Joe? I personally cant imagine being weak and fat, I would honestly rather die, than live old and weak. Straight from your hearts, would you rather die than live weak and fat? The reason I posted this up, is because I want to ask questions that we normally wouldnt ask consciously...kind of analyze our psychological motives via Freudian theology.

ya thats a pretty deep question...

I dont belive any one here want to die slowly from steroids!(thats really not possible either) I dont belive any one here wants to die at all!

I think the reason most use aas is to improve their quality of life, its not going to kill you earlier in life if you juice, abuse yes, use responsibly, no...

I think you may need to go to the doc and get on some more drugs!:D

Hmmm, very interesting questions there. I don't know if I can say whether or not I would rather die than be weak, and scrawny. I'd like to think that there is more to me than my muscle mass that makes me worthy of being on this planet. At the same time, I can remember back to before I started working out when I was just a skinny little stick boy. I know I HATED being that way. I felt so self consious that I didn't even want to go anywhere. But, when I started working out, after a couple of years, I was pretty proud of what I accomplished. And that was juice free. So, I don't think steroids were the determining factor in my self esteem, they were just a way to get a little more size. So, whether or not I would want to stay alive if I were small and scrawny, I really don't know. But, I can honestly say that if I were unable to get steroids, then hell yeah, I'd still want to stay alive. Steroids aren't the only factor in determining if you're small and weak. So, steroids, for me, ARE NOT something I would do because I subconciously wanted to hurt my health. Low doses, man. Low doses.

Hummmm,

I'm at work today and don't have time to post a lengthy response, all I'll say is that you could make this argument about anything or anyone.

Example, what about lawyers or doctors? Do they have a subconscious desire to die? They work themselves to death everyday, many times at the expense of their families and friends to achieve something. They have high levels of stress, which can and often times will kill you.

What about waitresses in Las Vegas? They work in smoke filled bars and resturants, do they want to die subconsciously?

How about pro football players? They pound themselves into shattered men for the love of the game, do they want to die subconsciously?

This questions seems funny to me and I don't know that this is the right place to ask it. It sounds like you have a hidden agenda to me. JMHO.

LOL!!! I didn't see these other posts when I wrote this. Funny.

Last edited:
If I wanted to die young, I could have taken care of that by now.
I lift to stay ALIVE!
I can only say I have no fear of death........not that Im trying to bring it faster.
Your question is an interesting one. Worth a minute of thought I think.

Last edited:
This is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Of course not. Yes. Bodybuilding does have a dark subculture, but that's b/c its a hardcore sport not b/c we play chemists with drugs. Actually, I think you have basically two types of steroid users. The educated user and the non-educated user who doesn't know what the hell their doing and may see it as something dark b/c their influenced by the media more. People also react differently on this stuff. I think it amplifies your personality. I've never known anyone who became more depressed though and sought out a quick death(quite the opposite). I believe that the elevated test levels, in men, can make them happier. I do have friends who are assholes off the stuff and giant assholes on the stuff. They are happy assholes though. I also know people who were nice, quiet, reserved, mild-manored guys who became the life of the party(excited and fun and energetic). They weren't assholes at all on the stuff. Just the opposite.
I think the media portrays a dark stigma about steroid use, b/c of course they always look for the few situations where things go extremely wrong.
Don't buy into the bad hype!

I don't think people have a subconscious desire to die when they use gear anymore than they have a subconscious desire to die in a car crash when they drive their car. They just want to get from point "A" to point "B" so to speak.

i don't see the bodybuilders from the 70's dying young, you always have some exceptions where guys will die and steriods are blamed like lyle alzado and a few of the guys from the early 90's. guys like arnold and ferrigno and robbie robinson, etc. they are all still walking around functioning and living fine from what i can tell. i can't speak on the extreme use of gh and insulin and large extended doses of aas because it hasn't been quite long enough yet, so i think the verdict is still out on the results of that.

I have to agree with littlemac on this... It all comes down to the individual... However, I think that we as bodybuilders want to have a better quality of life... This is absolutely honest, when I was growing up I was the little kid that got picked on for being small... I was 6'1 and 147lbs soak and wet in highschool... Yeah I played sports, but I was still the brunt of the jokes... Did this bother me? Yeah! Did it hinder me from doing alot of things? Yeah.. I didn't do all that well in school and this carried over into community college... Then a friend of mine who was competing at the time got me into the gym and got me training (drug free)! I did this for about 2 yrs before ever touching any kind of supplement other than creatine... At the end of that time I was around 185 or so... A little more confident and no longer the subject of jokes... Anyway, I finally decided to add in some super supps so that I could add some more size... It was about this time that I had entered a four year school... Again my grades before had been average at best... It was after I started supplementing with test and the occassional dbol that my life completely changed... I was suddenly making straight A's, more outgoing and had an overall different outlook on life... I am a much happier person now and would NEVER go back to the way I was... So to say that we are in some way trying to kill ourselves slowly is in a way absurd... I know that there are exceptions to every rule, but for the most part it has made my life a 100% better and more enjoyable...

Interesting question. Hmmmm... No we definetly are not suicidal, and do not try to conscious harm ourselves. It is not scientifically proven that aas cause death, and that gives us lots of hope. So if I have to answer the question, I will say that I don't think there is a desire to die, but the opposite, a desire to live , a healthy life, a hapier life. Our goal is building the body not killing it. I might be wrong but that's my view abut bb and aas.

What are youreally asking? Is it ironic that their seems to be a subconscious message about you here.Why are you scared is it because you believe what the news says about roids or that you have researched them well yourself.Why do you want to bodybuild?

I am being serious when I say this:

If your not first your last.

?

lwp said:
I am being serious when I say this:

If your not first your last.

what?:confused:

a disproportunate number of steroid users probably have the gene that predisposes them to risk taking behavior (i think it is nuero d2). this is the same gene that is linked to ADHD. I have this and don't think it is a bad thing at all... if anything it gives me an edge over others since i am more willing to be aggressive and think outside the box. being this way does not mean you are suicidal--you are just bored with anything normal. for me death would be putting on a suit and tie and working 9-5 in a cubicle.

EVERYBODY READ THIS

I dont think this kid means any harm. I have to say (no offense Dexter) this kid isnt all there if ya know what i mean. Cut him some slack, he means well.... hes just a little... umm... ODD haha.... hes very well written it seems... you would never match these posts up to him if you met him in person trust me haha

I did happen to mention to him that i worked at a certain gym... to which he showed up the next day and embarrased me wearing a tight white Tshirt with the words ANABOLIC BEAST written on the front and back in black magic marker... ok u guys get my point........

I don't think that I have an outright desire to die...But if you ask if I'm happy? No...I'm not. Do I think that I use gear soley to injure myself? No. But at the same time sometimes I think we all do things to intentionally harm ourselves in some sense. Wither you take a blade to your arm or just put yourself through deep mental stress I feel in someway or another we all do it.

So does using gear make me sub-conciously want to die? No. I use the shit because the time I AM alive I want to be as powerful as I can.

But I'm not gonna lie and say there arn't times I wouldn't mind just dying.:(

Anabolic_Beast said:
Can juicing up be a hidden, subconscious desire to die as a "progressive suicide"? Sure we say that we juice because we want to be "massive" and "strong". But deep inside, just WHY would we take such powerful drugs to build muscles? Are we happy in life? Is there a deeper reason as to why we do take drugs on a daily basis? Why am I asking this? To broaded horizons and perspectives. I have seen so many bros' avatars depict death in some way. I have seen many bros' signatures depict some sort of death stymbol (skulls, fire, demons, blackness etc). I have seen t-shirts in the gym saying "Live Fast Die Hard" or "I'd rather Die young and strong than die old and weak." This entire culture of juice, in my eyes, depict death and the "dark side" so to speak. What does it depict in your eyes?
My question leads to this: Do we juicers have a subconscious desire to die via the route of steroids? Like a slow suicide? I have seen so many posts about sadness, madness, and anger. I have known and read about the drug addiction within bodybuilding and professional circles. On the outside, I know that these questions may seem hilariously ironic, or crazy, but really, all morality and consensus aside, really think about it. Really think hard about it. What would we do in this world if we were the average, fat Joe? I personally cant imagine being weak and fat, I would honestly rather die, than live old and weak. Straight from your hearts, would you rather die than live weak and fat? The reason I posted this up, is because I want to ask questions that we normally wouldnt ask consciously...kind of analyze our psychological motives via Freudian theology.
No offense, but this is pseudo psychology. The reasons that people engage in certain behaviors is multifaceted and complex, and hardly every the same for any two individuals. The overriding reason most people use AAS is the same for the vast majority of other drug users. For the effects they produce. Pot smokers want to get stoned, heroin users want to get high, and steroid users want to increase muscle size and strength.

The next question would be why would anyone potentially put their health and freedom at risk just to increase their muscle size and strength? The most popular, and incorrect, answer is because they have self-esteem issues. In actuality the real reason is the same as why if you tell a group of young boys to run across a field, most will attempt to outdo their peers. Humans are competitive. Most of us choose an area in which we attempt to excel in against our peers. Some choose the sports field, some choose the classroom, and some choose the gym, or the bodybuilding stage.

Inhibition of both the neroD2 and the stathmin genes has been associated with reduced feeling of fear, which could lead to potentially risky behavior. This however does not supplant the fact that risk taking is closely associated with sex, age, and personality.

By the way, Freud had psychiatric theories, not theologies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear