over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CPAP settings

hevi-head

Registered
Newbies
Anyone have an Airsense 10? I’m not sure what’s changed but I’ve been struggling lately with mine. It showed 40 episodes per hour last night. I got in and tweaked the pressure settings (the menu when you push and hold the dial and home buttons at the same time) awhile ago and everything seemed better as my episodes were creeping up some but here lately it’s been horrible and I was going to go back to the original settings to see if it helped but I’m not sure now where I started at.
I need to make an appointment at a Dr I guess but I’m new to this area and it’s known for terrible wait list to get in as a new patient.

As your weight fluctuates you have to adjust your CPAP. If your weight has gone up recently than you likely need to increase the pressure. If it's gone down then you likely need to decrease the pressure. With the ideal setting breathing through it should feel effortless, like you're not wearing it.

As your weight fluctuates you have to adjust your CPAP. If your weight has gone up recently than you likely need to increase the pressure. If it's gone down then you likely need to decrease the pressure. With the ideal setting breathing through it should feel effortless, like you're not wearing it.
Yep I raised it awhile ago and still had issues. I was thinking I had it close to the max maybe not though, I’ll have to check when I get home.
I don’t remember the original setting or how much of a difference there was between the minimum and maximum

Anyone have an Airsense 10? I’m not sure what’s changed but I’ve been struggling lately with mine. It showed 40 episodes per hour last night. I got in and tweaked the pressure settings (the menu when you push and hold the dial and home buttons at the same time) awhile ago and everything seemed better as my episodes were creeping up some but here lately it’s been horrible and I was going to go back to the original settings to see if it helped but I’m not sure now where I started at.
I need to make an appointment at a Dr I guess but I’m new to this area and it’s known for terrible wait list to get in as a new patient.
How long have you had it? Have you replaced the filter, tubing, or mask at all?

40 per hour is still 2x severe rating for sleep apnea. Did it just suddenly jump up here or have you deteriorated over time? Seems like something is very wrong.

I have it really bad 50 events per hour and O2 drops super low. I have a Reamed Air Curve 10 running bi-pap (2 pressure levels) and it's nearly maxed out but that lowers me to 0.5 to maximum 3-4 events per hour. I wear a full face mask and pressure is so high it's basically bolted on. Sucks but works.

I think Phillips had a recall on some units - no idea why - but I'd have your whole setup looked at. Something is wrong.

A couple years now I’d say. I’ve replaced the mask and filter several times but never the hose.
I had a problem recently with a leaking hose causing me not to get proper pressure.

40 per hour is still 2x severe rating for sleep apnea. Did it just suddenly jump up here or have you deteriorated over time? Seems like something is very wrong.

I have it really bad 50 events per hour and O2 drops super low. I have a Reamed Air Curve 10 running bi-pap (2 pressure levels) and it's nearly maxed out but that lowers me to 0.5 to maximum 3-4 events per hour. I wear a full face mask and pressure is so high it's basically bolted on. Sucks but works.

I think Phillips had a recall on some units - no idea why - but I'd have your whole setup looked at. Something is wrong.
The recall is for almost all cpap machines due to plastics possibly leading to cancer. Nothing to do with performance

I was diagnosed at like 70 per hour.
I just cranked up the max pressure to the maximum of 20 and the minimum to 17.5.
I’ve never had it that high so we’ll see what happens. I use a full mask as well.

How is the leak? if that number is high then you might have a mask leak problem..

Get a new cushion for your mask. They should be replaced every 3 months.

if that doesn't fix your high AHI then go see a doctor..

I was diagnosed at like 70 per hour.
I just cranked up the max pressure to the maximum of 20 and the minimum to 17.5.
I’ve never had it that high so we’ll see what happens. I use a full mask as well.
I did the same with mine. Now I average 3-6 events per hour. With this pressure boost I wake up full of gas! Man, I’ll fart like crazy for the 1st five minutes I’m up. It made a world of difference in how I feel though.

I have an Airsense 10 as my spare now. I recently upgraded to the Airsense 11.

Cage

I did the same with mine. Now I average 3-6 events per hour. With this pressure boost I wake up full of gas! Man, I’ll fart like crazy for the 1st five minutes I’m up. It made a world of difference in how I feel though.

I have an Airsense 10 as my spare now. I recently upgraded to the Airsense 11.

Cage
Ya I’m a fart machine for the first 20 minutes after waking up

Ya I’m a fart machine for the first 20 minutes after waking up
That makes two of us. Where did you get the info regarding the Cancer caused by some of the plastic from CPAPs? Thanks.

That makes two of us. Where did you get the info regarding the Cancer caused by some of the plastic from CPAPs? Thanks.
From the recall itself. It covers nearly every cpap machine out there. There’s only a few that aren’t on the list.

From the recall itself. It covers nearly every cpap machine out there. There’s only a few that aren’t on the list.
Didn’t read the recall, but is this something to do with the California prop that’s on every damn thing you buy? Saying warming this product contains cancer causing agents.

Cage

Didn’t read the recall, but is this something to do with the California prop that’s on every damn thing you buy? Saying warming this product contains cancer causing agents.

Cage
It’s because of the type of plastic that’s used to manufacture the parts (polyester based-polyurethane) Newer dreamstations use some kind of silicone that doesn’t have the same risks. There’s several class action lawsuits regarding it. That said, I use my dream station 10 anyways and don’t plan on changing any time soon

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity