over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CPAP settings

I did the same with mine. Now I average 3-6 events per hour. With this pressure boost I wake up full of gas! Man, I’ll fart like crazy for the 1st five minutes I’m up. It made a world of difference in how I feel though.

I have an Airsense 10 as my spare now. I recently upgraded to the Airsense 11.

Cage
I used to be 3-6. Not sure what’s changed. I cranked it up to the max and still had like 25 per hour last night. Actually felt pretty damn good this morning though. I wonder if the machine could false report.
I need a new one anyway as mine makes a fairly loud whirring noise that changes pitch with my breathing. I have to have a loud fan or some sleep sounds like raining or the ocean or it drives me nuts.
I’ve ordered the nasal pillows and am going to give those a try. Plus I mouth breathe at night and even with the humidity up my mouth gets bone dry.
I’m going to try to get an appointment somewhere but it takes forever aromas here as a new patient. I’m also going to make sure I go to one of the places that does the Inspire implant. I used to love this cpap but it’s just such a pain traveling anywhere.
I can’t even take a nap on a plane without horrible snoring

I used to be 3-6. Not sure what’s changed. I cranked it up to the max and still had like 25 per hour last night. Actually felt pretty damn good this morning though. I wonder if the machine could false report.
I need a new one anyway as mine makes a fairly loud whirring noise that changes pitch with my breathing. I have to have a loud fan or some sleep sounds like raining or the ocean or it drives me nuts.
I’ve ordered the nasal pillows and am going to give those a try. Plus I mouth breathe at night and even with the humidity up my mouth gets bone dry.
I’m going to try to get an appointment somewhere but it takes forever aromas here as a new patient. I’m also going to make sure I go to one of the places that does the Inspire implant. I used to love this cpap but it’s just such a pain traveling anywhere.
I’m right there with you on the Inspire! If you’re able to get that procedure please share. Like if insurance covered it, cost, healing from the surgery, etc.

I’m exactly the same, no napping in public because I’ll sound like a jet plane taking off. I take Xanax for flights, abt 30min in I’m drifting off from the sleepiness. The wife has to elbow me in the ribs to keep waking me up cause I’m abt to crank up! That implant would make life much easier!!

Insurance should just automatically cover it! I mean sleep apnea is a deadly sleep disorder. Crooked f’n pricks!

Cage

I’m right there with you on the Inspire! If you’re able to get that procedure please share. Like if insurance covered it, cost, healing from the surgery, etc.

I’m exactly the same, no napping in public because I’ll sound like a jet plane taking off. I take Xanax for flights, abt 30min in I’m drifting off from the sleepiness. The wife has to elbow me in the ribs to keep waking me up cause I’m abt to crank up! That implant would make life much easier!!

Insurance should just automatically cover it! I mean sleep apnea is a deadly sleep disorder. Crooked f’n pricks!

Cage
Yep I definitely have to see how my insurance will do on it. I’ll post up if anything happens

Cage

Same as you and others on all counts. I travel for work too. Heard the implant wasn't enough for serious cases but at least one guy on this board seems to be proof that it can work.

Love my CPAP but would love to find an easier way or one that causes less disruption to life.

I'm surprised at the number of events some of y'all are reporting. If my AHI is 0.5 that's a lot, it's typically 0.3 or less.

I get your frustration about not being able to sleep wherever you are without it but one good thing about traveling is a CPAP can be carried on a plane in addition to your standard carry on items. It probably wouldn't go over too well if you plugged one in on a plane but it's nice to not have to worry about it getting lost in checked luggage.

I'm surprised at the number of events some of y'all are reporting. If my AHI is 0.5 that's a lot, it's typically 0.3 or less.

I get your frustration about not being able to sleep wherever you are without it but one good thing about traveling is a CPAP can be carried on a plane in addition to your standard carry on items. It probably wouldn't go over too well if you plugged one in on a plane but it's nice to not have to worry about it getting lost in checked luggage.
Yep, I always take mine in my carry on or personal item bag. They make a small, travel version too. It’s about the size of your hand and a couple inches thick but I don’t the it humidifies.

I’m wondering if mines giving false readings since I’m actually feeling great since I cranked it up but still showing in the 20’s. Forgot to check it this morning.

Have you ever tried mouth taping to make sure you breathe through your nose?

Have you ever tried mouth taping to make sure you breathe through your nose?
I used a chinstrap once and it showed more episodes but that was with an over the mouth and nose mask.
I just got sone “Hostage Tape” that I’ll print try with the nasal pillows.
AAC7D873-A1C9-45FB-A3D1-3E284E05B900.png

Anyone have an Airsense 10? I’m not sure what’s changed but I’ve been struggling lately with mine. It showed 40 episodes per hour last night. I got in and tweaked the pressure settings (the menu when you push and hold the dial and home buttons at the same time) awhile ago and everything seemed better as my episodes were creeping up some but here lately it’s been horrible and I was going to go back to the original settings to see if it helped but I’m not sure now where I started at.
I need to make an appointment at a Dr I guess but I’m new to this area and it’s known for terrible wait list to get in as a new patient.
I’ve got the air sense 10 and I can’t seem to get use wearing it.

What pressure setting does it take to get someone of your size to such low levels?

What pressure setting does it take to get someone of your size to such low levels?
I use a Dreamstation 2 and always keep the max pressure at 20, the highest it goes. At 280-290 I had min pressure at 18-19. At 270 I keep min around 16.

I hacked my dream station years ago i couldn't stand it. i finally decided I'm going to do it and fought through..i set it at 12.5 and I'm good to go.. they had my pressure at 11 and i couldn't breathe. Its worth doing for sure

I recently did the in-lab sleep study with every single box checked. More than 12k before insurance. Had only had 2 at-home sleep study before. My machine settings felt way wrong, couldn't sleep.

Got a totally different sleep setting than when I had the at-phone diagnostics. When you do it in-lab they wake you up and put a mask on you after a few hours, then they play with your settings and observe your data- its really cool. The tech working that night has 15 years at that lab and he told me:

"you did much better on a very low setting. when men are overly muscular and lean their neck tissue that needs to be moved is muscle not fat. And muscle is moved under much lighter pressure. When you do the sleep study at home, the doctors just use a table that says these numbers at this BMI gets this setting..."

Just in case this applies to anyone here, I wanted to share.

I recently did the in-lab sleep study with every single box checked. More than 12k before insurance. Had only had 2 at-home sleep study before. My machine settings felt way wrong, couldn't sleep.

Got a totally different sleep setting than when I had the at-phone diagnostics. When you do it in-lab they wake you up and put a mask on you after a few hours, then they play with your settings and observe your data- its really cool. The tech working that night has 15 years at that lab and he told me:

"you did much better on a very low setting. when men are overly muscular and lean their neck tissue that needs to be moved is muscle not fat. And muscle is moved under much lighter pressure. When you do the sleep study at home, the doctors just use a table that says these numbers at this BMI gets this setting..."

I tried low and it just doesn’t work for me. Tried mid and not much better. I’m basically maxed out now with same settings as @danieltx above and events are as low as they’ve ever been

I tried low and it just doesn’t work for me. Tried mid and not much better. I’m basically maxed out now with same settings as @danieltx above and events are as low as they’ve ever been
We're all different!!! Some of us only have sleep apnea because we got big, and others would have had it anyway. And few will ever really know which bucket we fall into. Great to hear you've got the handle on it. It's such a game changer

Good to know. I’ll be scheduling an in-lab sleep study after the New Year. Had one scheduled early December, but had to cancel. I lowered my pressure last night from 14cm H2O to 12.6cm H20 and my events improved. Still way too high though at 11.6/hour. I’ll try and lower my pressure tonight to like 12cm H2O.

I’ve tried higher pressures and it makes my events worse. So lower may be my path forward!!!!

Cage

mines set so high it feels like i'm strapped to a blowdryer. pretty sure i'd be dead by now without it though. haven't missed a nights sleep without it in a good 7-8 years. i've worn one out so far and my second is taking a beating.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131