over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Crossfit vs. Traditional Gym?

guys that DO crossfit. ;)

guys that DO traditional heavy ass lifting.
**broken link removed**
_origin_Old-School-Bodybuilding-4.jpg

ROBBY_ROBINSON_BLOG_GOLDS_GYM_VENICE_CALIFORNIA_GOLDEN_ERA_BODYBUILDERS_GROUP_PHOTO_SHOOT_01.jpg

golden-era1.jpg

:p

I have very close friends who run both types of gyms. CrossFit isn't all bad, but it really does depend on your coach. It seems like you and your business partner have a real passion for actual training, so I suggest opening a training center.

The best CrossFit gym I've been to had a CrossFit name for the affiliation and to draw the masses who want to spend a fortune for the prescribed workout, but above that they consider themselves a training center. Elite athletes train there for power lifting, marathons, and even professional football.

This also protects them in the event that CrossFit tanks, or a huge lawsuit makes it unpopular. They can drop CrossFit from the name of their training center and continue to train elite athletes.

guys that consider peanut butter and jelly and ice cream a staple in their diet.
guys that walk around looking like this 365 days/year.
guys that lift lots of weight...
guys that do crossfit

18f1c51b1ed9b58fa92e1e8ffc533511.jpg

guys that DO traditional heavy ass lifting.
**broken link removed**
_origin_Old-School-Bodybuilding-4.jpg

-

golden-era1.jpg

:p

Awesome pics... excuse my ignorance but I don;t recognize the black guy between Arnold and Franco, who is he? His arms look unreal

Awesome pics... excuse my ignorance but I don;t recognize the black guy between Arnold and Franco, who is he? His arms look unreal

The black guys name by Arnold is Serge Nubret..he was a movie star in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion is Traditional Heavy Ass Lifting HANDS DOWN over a crossfit dude anyday. There's a difference between lifting weights and Pumping Iron.

Whichever you do just do one thing. When you are in public, for the love of God, do NOT talk about crossfit ever other second.

Every time somebody around me does crossfit I'll end up finding out about it 2-3 minutes into meeting them and everybody gets a reminder that, Mr. or Mss. X does crossfit every 15 minutes.

Also make sure your customers don't complain in public left and right about how they can't save money or why everything is so expensive while they are spending $120/month for a gym membership. I swore I can't stand those people.

Someone who does crossfit please help me out. Why do you need a specialized gym? I have seen guys doing crossfit at my regular gym. They get the routines from the web, and other than the rings, which they bring themselves, the gym has the equipment they need. So why go to a gym that provides only one type of workout when you can go to a traditional gym with more options? :confused:

what do you get at a traditional gym that you dont get at a crossfit gym? machines?
the only "machine" i use is a spinning bike and a rower. other than that i lift weights.

i can do any traditional "weight lifting" i want in a crossfit gym. i cannot do any crossfit workout that i want to do in a traditional gym.

what do you get at a traditional gym that you dont get at a crossfit gym? machines?

the only "machine" i use is a spinning bike and a rower. other than that i lift weights.

i can do any traditional "weight lifting" i want in a crossfit gym. i cannot do any crossfit workout that i want to do in a traditional gym.

Yes, machines, but that's a big category you are omitting: hammer strength, pec dec, cables, &c.

What about dumbbells,
cardio equipment (stair master, elliptical, treadmill), &c.,
And pool?

I've never been to a crossfit gym, so this is an honest question, not snark.

**broken link removed**

Crossfit mentality!

**broken link removed**

Crossfit mentality!

hmmm...lots of machines in the background. thats no crossfit gym. ;) nice try though.

I dont do CF, but a ton of my buds do / have done it, and will tell me the draw of it is the people feeding off each other, the comradery, and mostly people who were previously sedentary, are seeing results quick. Like any other fad thing that has worked in the past, or any successful physical trainer, its the ability tio motivate people, and make them believe they can get results. You take a group of out of shape women, turn them loose in a regular gym, they may see minimal results. Put them in a CF gym, they see much better results and faster, due to the motivation and encouragement to continue.
The downside is the likelihood of injury. having middle aged people who arent well versed in some of the stuff they do (Olympic lifts, jumps, anything with arms overhead) is a wreck waiting to happen. My ortho told me all the CFgyms have generated a steady stream of revenue for them. What I keep hearing from the CF proponents is blaming the lifter with doing something wrong that caused the injury. Plain and simple, some people should just avoid certain exercises, but the energy and adrenaline that comes from that environment contributes to people trying things they have no business doing. About half of the people I know that have done CF have sustained injuries that required some sort of procedure to correct (bicep tears, shoulder injury, ACL etc), and forced them to stop CF.
Also, any of the guys I have seen that look worth a sht (muscular size wise) in CF, got that way before CF, and only used CF as a means to lose some fat. If you have to take your shirt off for someone to know your'e in shape because you otherwise look like a swimmer, no thanks,

I believe this is actually RICK WAYNE...wrote for the mags back before lifting was mainstream...:)

I'm not a CF guy, even tho I tried it to see what it was all about. The thing about the injuries, in my opinion, comes down to one thing: coaches
The same thing can be said about trainers in a traditional gym. If you take someone who is inactive and run them through hell they will get injured. Something you guys seem to be missing is this: this thread was about what kind of gym to open to MAKE MONEY. Regardless of what you may like to think, people don't want to workout with a bunch of what they call "meatheads". We all like to workout with each other because we understand each other, but the general public sees a walking syringe with nothing in the head. That doesn't pull people in. Why are there not "hardcore" gyms around and flourishing like the past? People don't want it! People want to get motivated and find that working out in groups is the motivation they need. People in my town, which is very small and people are CHEAP, pay to go to CF gyms at like $100/month! The Gold's is $20 for the basic and like $30 for the "gold" for tanning and what not. People pay 3-5x as much and have 3 sessions a week! So when it comes down to making money, you have to go with what makes money! I see people all the time do what THEY love/want, that doesn't always equate to profits. You have to find what the PUBLIC wants if you want to make money in business

I have been aware of, and know many people that do crossfit regularly. I just happen to be watching ESPN the other day and they were airing the 2013 CrossFit Games(guess they have been doing them since 2007).

The Winner (cant remember name, but it was his third win) prize was a check for $275,000 Isn't the Olympia 1st place prize money $250,000??

In my area around NYC there were so many crossfit gyms when it hit its peak that several are already going under due to the over saturation. That being said there is no doubt that crossfit is challenging. However heres my argument against it...a few posts up wizim claimed that those guys walk around looking like that 365 and that may be true, but for how many years? It is almost impossible to keep up that kind of training on a daily basis forever, eventually your body will become warn down and you'll get injured. I dont care how perfect your form is and how good your coach is, if you train like that on a daily basis for long periods of time it will catch up to you. That is exactly why you see pro athletes get somewhat out of shape during the offseason and then peak when necessary. Look at john bones jones he literally gets a big gut in between his fights and then burns it off in his camp. Bodybuilders, football players, baseball, etc can have a career of 10 plus years if theyre lucky. Look at the guy who wins the crossfit games this year and in 10 years see if you can find him in the competition.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner