over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cruise/Blast Approach For Competitors

XstarchildX

Banned
For those of you who have goals of gaining as much size as possible, or compete, what is your strategy? Do you:

A.) Continue to gain when you are on a cruise dose? I ask this because I have not competed since I started AAS. I have many competitive seasons as a natural, but haven't competed in nearly 6 years. I plan to gain enough size to be competitive in LHW and/or Classic Physique. As I understand it, most guys use their heavy drug protocols during contest prep and "cruise" during their gaining phases.

B.) Maintain during a cruise dose and blast a little prior to starting your prep diet to try to add a little mass, then diet down.

C.) Blast year round with varying doses and throw health out the window.

I have a friend who's a coach and is helping me out atm. He wants me to continue to gain/bulk during a cruise dose since we are trying to grow enough to be competitive.

What's everyone's take?

You aren't going to grow on cruise doses unless you are very new to training. Maintain and preserve your joints/avoid injuries when cruising.

I've made my best gains precontest when drugs are higher. In my experience more drugs with a good precontest diet = more gains then low drugs and lots of food (you think you are getting bigger until you realize it was all fat and water)

Id say option B is your best bet, start diet at 16 weeks out in decent shape and you can make lots of gains until 6 weeks out from the drugs

Many ways to skin a cat.

It's really going to depend on your risk tolerance, and your the importance you place on your health.

A lot of veterans here will tell you that most people can grow off FAR lower doses than they think they need.

The biggest thing that holds back most guys's ability to truly put on size is their caloric intake; not drugs.

I'd personally go up slowly during a blast (5-6 weeks), then cruise for 2 weeks or more if needed, and go back to that strategy. My CNS craps out from heavy progressive training anyway after 5 or 6 weeks anyway so pushing it beyond is useless. Bloods look good this way, and I can keep progressing slowly and steadily.

But I'm also not a competitor nor do I diet for shows (or in general :) ). Just been growing steadily for the past few years.

"Grow into the show" is best, just stay on a low dose test and then go heavy on drugs 12-16 weeks out, you'll grow even on caloric deficit.

^^ Basically this. Growing into a show is pretty easy and obviously most optimal. Blast hard for 18-20 weeks depending on bf levels and cruise on trt.

I learned the hard way after messing around with sdrol a few weeks after a show due to Monster hooking me up and it totally fucked my lipids like nothing before. On the plus side if you want legit Sdrol hit up Monster :D

Many ways to skin a cat.

It's really going to depend on your risk tolerance, and your the importance you place on your health.

A lot of veterans here will tell you that most people can grow off FAR lower doses than they think they need.

The biggest thing that holds back most guys's ability to truly put on size is their caloric intake; not drugs.

I'd personally go up slowly during a blast (5-6 weeks), then cruise for 2 weeks or more if needed, and go back to that strategy. My CNS craps out from heavy progressive training anyway after 5 or 6 weeks anyway so pushing it beyond is useless. Bloods look good this way, and I can keep progressing slowly and steadily.

But I'm also not a competitor nor do I diet for shows (or in general :) ). Just been growing steadily for the past few years.
Not trying to state the obvious but if you blast for 6 weeks then cruise for 2 weeks....you're not really cruising at all! The 2 weeks coming off a blast you are still releasing massive amounts of hormones (especially if you were using deca or tren which tends to linger a LONG time).

6 week blast/2 week cruise/repeat is the very risk tolerant position you referred to above.

Stay safeish!

Not trying to state the obvious but if you blast for 6 weeks then cruise for 2 weeks....you're not really cruising at all! The 2 weeks coming off a blast you are still releasing massive amounts of hormones (especially if you were using deca or tren which tends to linger a LONG time).

6 week blast/2 week cruise/repeat is the very risk tolerant position you referred to above.

Stay safeish!
1. Short esters
2. Drug usage based entirely around training progression and intensity.
3. If bloods look good and I feel good, I can do 2-3 of these rotations, then go down to TRT completely for 6-8 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I love seeing the differing opinions and points of view. Like was said, "There's more than one way to skin a cat." :)

I have never competed, but just would always maintain on TRT doses most of the year making modest gains.

Then once a year about 10-12 weeks before our yearly beach vacation, I would hit my diet hard and up doses slightly and maybe add one or two more compounds in....but still at a lot lower dose than most would think a blast would consist of. Typically up test slightly, and add a small amount of tren and mast.

I would always lean out, get bigger, and get much stronger. I know a lot of it was probably illusion, but I would look like I put on 10-20 lbs or so while getting leaner by the week.

Once the trip was over, I would go straight back to my TRT dosage and fight to hold onto my conditioning for as long as possible although to keep progressing in my log book I would inevitably have to end up increasing calories and smooth out a little.

But for something that is just a hobby, that always worked well for me as I'm a smaller framed person anyway.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Personally I prefer to use the lowest dose possible to grow , when you plateau add a little gear and food to promote growth
200mg test , 200mg Deca or EQ , 6-8 weeks in add 100mg each per week and 500 calories a day and so on

When you start your prep basically the same thing just more aggressive with the drugs

Depends on goal...are you trying to jump into the next weight class up?

If so you're probably going to need to take an extended off season and have some solid off season blasts (gaining) and cruises (maintaining new tissue). If you want to stay within the same weight class then just blast precontest and cruise for the off season.

Depends on goal...are you trying to jump into the next weight class up?

If so you're probably going to need to take an extended off season and have some solid off season blasts (gaining) and cruises (maintaining new tissue). If you want to stay within the same weight class then just blast precontest and cruise for the off season.

Agree with this—very dependant on your goal.

If you have goals of going PRO or are moving up weight classes, you are probably going to have to have a true offseason with some high doses blasts in there. If you just love to compete and you are having run, a true TRT (or enhanced version) making small improvements THEN growing into the show is your best bet.

And for people saying you can't grow on TRT (or enhanced) runs, you don't know what you are talking about. Its not ALWAYS about pushing the dose, you push food, you push weights, you push other factors. It's simple and most people are lazy.

Agree with this—very dependant on your goal.

If you have goals of going PRO or are moving up weight classes, you are probably going to have to have a true offseason with some high doses blasts in there. If you just love to compete and you are having run, a true TRT (or enhanced version) making small improvements THEN growing into the show is your best bet.

And for people saying you can't grow on TRT (or enhanced) runs, you don't know what you are talking about. Its not ALWAYS about pushing the dose, you push food, you push weights, you push other factors. It's simple and most people are lazy.
The plan is definitely to grow. I want to be COMPETITIVE next time I'm on stage. I'm taking a slow approach at the moment until blood work looks pristine. No point sacrificing health for a hobby. I will in no way, shape, or form go pro lol. I just want to tap my potential, but obviously a mega blast isn't a good idea atm without throwing health out the window. Soon :D.

Many ways to skin a cat.

I'll add to the caloric part of this statement because you have some good points here.

Growing is all about how your body utilizes the food. That's the whole point of insulin use. Your body utilizes food best when in an insulin sensitive state.

Think about gear like diet, when you rebound from a diet is when you grow the most. This is because your body is sensitive to the food. Same goes for gear.

Coming off gear or going on TRT is like going on a diet. You sensitize your cells and receptors so when you blast food and gear you respond quicker.

Last edited:
I'll add to the caloric part of this statement because you have some good points here.

Growing is all about how your body utilizes the food. That's the whole point of insulin use. Your body utilizes food best when in an insulin sensitive state.

Think about gear like diet, when you rebound from a diet is when you grow the most. This is because your body is sensitive to the food. Same goes for gear.

Coming off gear or going on TRT is like going on a diet. You sensitize your cells and receptors so when you blast food and gear you respond quicker.
Exactly. I also see no need for extra drugs when you aren't training at the same intensity level either; you don't need the added recovery factor.

I grow during my cruises as the rebound effect of recovery takes place, while the dose goes way down to trt. Really messes with your head when you look Fuller and more "fresh" on TRT and a few ius of GH compared to week 5 of a blast where body is starting to look very worn down from the training and the drugs are higher too [emoji2]

The hardest part is establishing a new set point if you're driving bodyweight up, you want to pull the calories back during a cruise but you still need them to be a bit higher to maintain said bodyweight.

I agree. That's why I really try to find foods that digest and sit well with me. Potatoes are a food that I can only have in small amounts (sweets/yams included). I don't eat them often. Some guys will plow through "bodybuilding" or "bro foods" even if they cause terrible gas and bloating, thinking they're the best for GAINZ lol. When in reality, if your body isn't making good use of the food, your results will be sub-par. So, yes, how your body uses calories is paramount.

I always find it funny coming back to TRT dose (if doses are higher) how everything starts to look tighter at a certain point. Perhaps it's the body's response to less stressors or holding less water, etc, but it kind of puts into perspective how much you really gained--what is "keepable."

Exactly. I also see no need for extra drugs when you aren't training at the same intensity level either; you don't need the added recovery factor.

I grow during my cruises as the rebound effect of recovery takes place, while the dose goes way down to trt. Really messes with your head when you look Fuller and more "fresh" on TRT and a few ius of GH compared to week 5 of a blast where body is starting to look very worn down from the training and the drugs are higher too [emoji2]

The hardest part is establishing a new set point if you're driving bodyweight up, you want to pull the calories back during a cruise but you still need them to be a bit higher to maintain said bodyweight.

Agree with this as well. Many guys up the dose when they stall, when in reality they could most likely get away with upping the food. I'd much rather increase food intake vs. gear. Not only is it more cost effective, it just tastes better :p

it might not be too crazy to think that the first 1-1.5g of gear will get you 80% of the results that are possible to get from AAS

then from there, GH and insulin will take you the rest of the way.

no reason to blast gram after gram of gear perhaps.. might be better just upping the GH and the insulin

but what do I know? im just a filthy commoner.

it might not be too crazy to think that the first 1-1.5g of gear will get you 80% of the results that are possible to get from AAS

then from there, GH and insulin will take you the rest of the way.

no reason to blast gram after gram of gear perhaps.. might be better just upping the GH and the insulin

but what do I know? im just a filthy commoner.
You're absolutely right. Gear can make a huge difference, but GH and slin can create a monster.

You filthy commoner, you!!

I agree with what xstar wrote. Find foods that agree with your body.....things that you can eat and then be hungry again 2-3 hours later. Not eating for the sake of eating, but being generally hungry. My go to food is chicken/fish and rice. I can eat that and be ready for another meal within a few hours. If I want to slow things down I add more fats in. After being off my TRT for so long and not going to the gym, I spent 4 months getting back into exercising hard. Now I'm actually on my "blast" which is 200mg test prop and 200mg npp a week. Don't laugh as I have never been a big dose guy. But when my log book stalls, I up my calories by 100-200 a day and things slowly start moving again. After this blast, I will settle back in at my usual TRT dosage of about 125mg test e each week. Plus I have my yearly physical coming up, and will get a chance to look at my bloodwork.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

See big A's post "the truth" and let me add these guys pushing heavy doses there's no way in hell they have perfect blood work. So i wish people would stop saying that....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity