over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CT imagery scan of the heart, a suprise

para

Registered
After 15 years of gear, with more time on than off and have very screwed up lipid profiles. My HDL in the gutter and LDL high, I bit the bullet and had a CT scan and cardic score done on my heart. This scan detects plaque in the heart and vessels. I was fearing this was going to be one of the worest days ever, then the doctor came out and she said your cardic score is zero, you have absolulty no detecable plaque. I was shocked after so many years of sweating it. This does not mean I do not care, but a relief nevertheless.

I highly suggest doing it.

Last edited:
That is terrific news for you!

After 15 years of gear, with more time on than off and have very screwed up lipid profiles. My HDL in the gutter and LDL high, I bit he bullet and had a CT scan and cardic score done on my heart. This scan detects plaque in the heart and vessels. I was fearing this was going to be one of the worest days ever, then the doctor came out she said your cardic score is zero, you have absolulty no detecable plaque. I was shocked after so many years of sweating it. This does not mean I do not care, but a relief nevertheless.

It's good to hear a report like that! :cool:

It's good to hear a report like that! :cool:

I told her my lipid profiles were 19-30 HDL and 150 LDL at least and she said although that is not great it is not that bad either. (I am thing she see's worse?) I told her I did not want to go on statins and she agreed to stay off them. I asked when I should come back and she said 5 years! I think I will try to go yearly, it is worth the $350.00.

Last edited:
para

After 15 years of gear, with more time on than off and have very screwed up lipid profiles. My HDL in the gutter and LDL high, I bit the bullet and had a CT scan and cardic score done on my heart. This scan detects plaque in the heart and vessels. I was fearing this was going to be one of the worest days ever, then the doctor came out and she said your cardic score is zero, you have absolulty no detecable plaque. I was shocked after so many years of sweating it. This does not mean I do not care, but a relief nevertheless.

That is great news, and glad to hear it. Now for the rest of us, I would like to know: 1) How old are you? 2) What gear did you use besides test and in what amount? 3) How much off time in relation to "on" time? 4) Did you do cardio year round or just in summer ( like me) or not at all? 5) How was your diet during this 15 years?

That is great news, and glad to hear it. Now for the rest of us, I would like to know: 1) How old are you? 2) What gear did you use besides test and in what amount? 3) How much off time in relation to "on" time? 4) Did you do cardio year round or just in summer ( like me) or not at all? 5) How was your diet during this 15 years?

+1 for answers to those questions.

Great Post! It doesn't suprise me tho. We all know the juice is misrepresented in the media and by most health professionals.

OP

I mentioned it before, I had one done a year ago and mine was also zero. It's called an EBT Scan. My insurance actually reimbursed me for it. My cholesterol was not a fasting one, but I think it was 250 or 275 and I had I think 5 whole eggs for breakfast. :) Cardio has nothing to do with keeping your arteries clear.

i did the scan a year ago.. i was like you.. i felt there was going to be bad news.. my hdl was 22.. it came bad no detectable plaque.. heart was in the high normal range for size.. i was concerned about this and the doc said "well, look at your chest cavity.." i thought that would have nothing to do with it but, my personal phd after seeing the results said the same thing.. " your rib cage is huge.. i am surprised it was not bigger"..lol well.. i felt better.. i go back in 6 months for another full workup.. we will see again... although not directed at me i will say 1) 40 years old... 2) at that time nothing but test in amounts no higher than 750 mgs and most of the time 500-600 with sporadic tren thrown in at 200 mgs a week for 6 weeks.. but, rarely..3) no time off.. at points i would go back to 250 mgs a week for 8 weeks.. but, cycles were 12-16 weeks..4) no cardio except for my job.. we log 4-5 miles day walking over a 7 hour period.. does not sound intense but, adds up.. 5) my diet has been absolute crap my whole life lol.. fast food for lunch 5 days a week.. good dinner.. decent breakfast and one shake a day.. atrocious.. maybe why i have not seem my abs in a bit...hhhhmmm

Last edited:
I've only been using aas for the past 5years and am young(26) and had 2 echo's done. 2nd was done after i was getting some paps. It was done with a 24hr ekg as well. All results came back great.

Im only an Echo-tech and I said it before and will say it again-cholesterol is a factor but its mainly your genetics.

THANKS LATS

i did the scan a year ago.. i was like you.. i felt there was going to be bad news.. my hdl was 22.. it came bad no detectable plaque.. heart was in the high normal range for size.. i was concerned about this and the doc said "well, look at your chest cavity.." i thought that would have nothing to do with it but, my personal phd after seeing the results said the same thing.. " your rib cage is huge.. i am surprised it was not bigger"..lol well.. i felt better.. i go back in 6 months for another full workup.. we will see again... although not directed at me i will say 1) 40 years old... 2) at that time nothing but test in amounts no higher than 750 mgs and most of the time 500-600 with sporadic tren thrown in at 200 mgs a week for 6 weeks.. but, rarely..3) no time off.. at points i would go back to 250 mgs a week for 8 weeks.. but, cycles were 12-16 weeks..4) no cardio except for my job.. we log 4-5 miles day walking over a 7 hour period.. does not sound intense but, adds up.. 5) my diet has been absolute crap my whole life lol.. fast food for lunch 5 days a week.. good dinner.. decent breakfast and one shake a day.. atrocious.. maybe why i have not seem my abs in a bit...hhhhmmm

Have you thought about cleaning up your diet ?

I hate to copy lats here, but his usuage is very similar to mine over the years. My age is 39. So rather than type it all out I am saying it is close to his. The only difference is I am a bit of a cardio nut and do about 7 hours a week and play some sports. My diet is pretty good but not near perfect. I cheat when I feel like it without hesitation, life is to short.

I mentioned it before, I had one done a year ago and mine was also zero. It's called an EBT Scan. My insurance actually reimbursed me for it. My cholesterol was not a fasting one, but I think it was 250 or 275 and I had I think 5 whole eggs for breakfast. :) Cardio has nothing to do with keeping your arteries clear.

I don't know if cardio/exersise does not help. I think getting your heart rate up through excercise is good for the arteries and may help clean them or help prevent build up. Sitting in a chair all day, eating like crap and with bad lipids
seems like a problem.

I don't know if cardio/exersise does not help. I think getting your heart rate up through excercise is good for the arteries and may help clean them or help prevent build up. Sitting in a chair all day, eating like crap and with bad lipids
seems like a problem.

It's a common myth that if you keep the blood flowing fast in the arteries that plaque will some how not have time to "stick". Nothing wrong with sitting in a chair all day, eat health goes a long way and most importantly not getting the right nutrients can make or break ones health.

THOR.. i think about it every day.. i tell myself today i will eat clean.. but, them damn golden arches have a hold on me.. but, i am making more of a effort..;)

It's a common myth that if you keep the blood flowing fast in the arteries that plaque will some how not have time to "stick". Nothing wrong with sitting in a chair all day, eat health goes a long way and most importantly not getting the right nutrients can make or break ones health.

I would have a hard time believing that if a person chose a sedentary life or chose a lifestlye of excersise they would have the same plaque.

Wack Arnold's got a hold on me!!! LOL I know what you mean, Lats. When you grow up on that shit it's tough to quit. My mom used to take us there and jam a 29 cent burger down our throats every day at lunch just to shut us up. It's one of those things that you don't have a taste for unless you are raised on it, y'know.

THOR.. i think about it every day.. i tell myself today i will eat clean.. but, them damn golden arches have a hold on me.. but, i am making more of a effort..;)

seems like a problem.

From what my doc has told me, it's mostly hereditary. So many people don't eat or exercise right (along with smoking, drinking to boot), and yet live long productive lives. Don't know tho, I'm not into it that much.

I do know that the average life expectancy is the same for all groups, I think.

OP

C'MON BIG GUY!

you know you can do it, just make it gradual if you have to. Or you can do what I do which is eat pretty good year round but Nov. thru March I eat whatever else i want ( cheesecake, ice cream, pie, Mc Donalds, etc.) that way I don't feel deprived, and besides who wants to eat clean over the holidays?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear