over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

David Barton Gyms??WTF????

bigboy05

Registered
You have got to be f**&ing kidding me!

So the wife and I are walking around Bellevue this weekend and see this place called David Barton Gym so we decided to take a look inside. Wow! I thought I was walking into a night club not a gym. If anyone has ever been to one of these places then you know what I am talking about. The lady giving us the tour said the lighting was especially designed to only shine on certain areas of the gym floor so your muscles would look better in the mirrors. AND they have a dj who spines techno music 3 nights a week. I can't fully explain how fucking absurd and over the top this place was. According to the staff David Barton was some top bodybuilder? Um, no. Just because you have a little muscle doesn't make you a bodybuilder. Not to mention it's pretty obvious he is batting for the other team (whatever floats your boat).

I lived around the corner from his original gym when it opened

Around 1990 in the village. He's a decent guy, gay or not. Not is probably not the correct answer.:)

I fucking loved his tag line for his gym

"Look Better Naked"

Fantastic. Is that still used?

I wonder what the monthly rates are to workout there?

Same slogan. I will admit...cool place, but for a gym...I don't think so. He is clearly successful so props for that. They get you coming and going on monthly dues..like $125 a month or something. Then, they try to sell you a training package which is like another mortgage. Like I said, not my cup of tea, but he has done well for himself because people are going there.

I will also admit--really nice looking place--obviously it goes against the values of many of the board members here but to each his own.

what a hoot! I'd go.

There is one in Miami, I'll check it out the next time I am down that way for grins & giggles :D

I remember seeing a tour of the south beach Miami location on tv years ago. It had a style that fit in with the high end party scene. It was both a gym and a hangout spot.

I found this on the NY location online. It seems to be for the locals who can afford it.

YouTube - Inside David Barton Gym

if i go sit down in one of the exclusive sofas... how big of a sweat stain am i allowed to leave on the seat?

So the wife and I are walking around Bellevue this weekend and see this place called David Barton Gym so we decided to take a look inside. Wow! I thought I was walking into a night club not a gym. If anyone has ever been to one of these places then you know what I am talking about. The lady giving us the tour said the lighting was especially designed to only shine on certain areas of the gym floor so your muscles would look better in the mirrors. AND they have a dj who spines techno music 3 nights a week. I can't fully explain how fucking absurd and over the top this place was. According to the staff David Barton was some top bodybuilder? Um, no. Just because you have a little muscle doesn't make you a bodybuilder. Not to mention it's pretty obvious he is batting for the other team (whatever floats your boat).

I live in Kirkland and have been to the gym your talking about...I give it maybe another year, that place is so expenisve and I know there lease in the new Brayburn Building can't be cheap...and that gym is DEAD!!! To nice for me, something different for sure but way to expensive as well.

When I was there, DB was as well, the girl that took me there knows him, we spoke for a bit, he is pretty damn big and actually was a really really nice guy.

Got to meet him at the club I work at in Chi. Really nice guy. Gay as they come but nice nonetheless.
Never saw what his gyms look like until now though! WTF! I bet there is some HOT f'ing ladies walking around there though.

Christ! That kind of environment is not for me! Makes LA Fitness seem like a hardcore gym!

Last edited:
I used to live in Manhattan & have never been to DB but it doesn't surprise Me...Gold's is even $89/month there....& With Equinox, Crunch, Reebok Club, Health & Rackect, Chelsea Peirs & Sport Club LA...all $90-200/month it falls right into place

That's the oddest gym I have ever seen. I guess in this gym, the guys have to worry about getting hit on, and stared at, more than the girls do :D

The locker room would not be my friend

AND they have a dj who spines techno music 3 nights a week. I can't fully explain how fucking absurd and over the top this place was.

I would go to that place in a heart beat. I am not into techno, but a gym where the atmosphere is hyped up gym music gets you (me) motivated. I workout at a powerhouse gym. And the music fucking sucks big time! Every 30 mins they are instructed at the front desk to change the station and rotate it. You go from slooooooooooooooow rock to slooooooooow rap to whatever funeral march music. And the owner wonders why the moral in the gym sucks! La Fitness, Gold Gym, Bally's, are always super crowded. why? The atmosphere. Now as far as the lighting I dont know whats up with that. LOL

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131