over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deadlift PR - 525 x 8

good pull, if you get a little deeper and get your quads into it more you could easily add another 20-30 lbs to the lift. Also, try one hand over/one under. Now here is the trick bro, the hand that's under is 2-3" over more than the other hand that's over. Stand there and flip your hand over. It naturally wants to fall 2-3" over as u turn your arm right? Try it on ur lift next time. more torque, shorter pull, bigger deadlift. The underhand moved over creates much more torque during the lift, its insane dude. You would think grabbing one side an inch over from the start of the grit, and the other side 2" from the olympic ring would make for a lopsided bar, funny enough it does not. You can still use the straps with this grip. Give it a shot bro, might like it might not. But my deadlift shot through the roof. Not taking anything away from the lift, I think its fucking awesome!!

Shelby your an inspiration dude!

Yep, good form too.

You must have two or three gyms you workout at. This place looks a little more hardcore than usual. There used to be a dungeon like that a few blocks from my house. The owners would play Disturbed, Metallica, Pantera, etc at full blast on a huge stereo system. I took a mix cd in once with some rap on it to play while I was working out one day by myself. I came back the next day and the cd was shattered into a hundred pieces, and they wrote a sign on a piece of paper and taped t to the stereo "This is a hardcore gym. Only hardcore music allowed. No rap/easy listening/country/etc.." So the next day I brought my Tool cd.

Sorry about your CD.........I didn't know it was yours. ;)

Love it! No cheating a deadlift! That's strong!

NICE! That last one showed great determination

thanks shelbyville

i love watching deadlift videos. and it's one like these - brutally strong regular guys lifting heavyass weight like this - that get me excited about the fact that I am on the road to eventually doing the same thing....however long it may take me to get there, does not matter.

What is the reason as to why you do not use the staggered grip? Good pull.

pardon the Simpsons reference

good pull, if you get a little deeper and get your quads into it more you could easily add another 20-30 lbs to the lift. Also, try one hand over/one under. Now here is the trick bro, the hand that's under is 2-3" over more than the other hand that's over. Stand there and flip your hand over. It naturally wants to fall 2-3" over as u turn your arm right? Try it on ur lift next time. more torque, shorter pull, bigger deadlift. The underhand moved over creates much more torque during the lift, its insane dude. You would think grabbing one side an inch over from the start of the grit, and the other side 2" from the olympic ring would make for a lopsided bar, funny enough it does not. You can still use the straps with this grip. Give it a shot bro, might like it might not. But my deadlift shot through the roof. Not taking anything away from the lift, I think its fucking awesome!!

this is also a fantastic way to seperate your bicep from your arm....:rolleyes:

Shelby....I am sure you posted this somewhere...how tall are you man?

Thanks everyone. After that set I did 355 x 14.... definitely feeling both of those sets today.
I never sleep well after a deadlift workout either - always wake up every couple hours with an amped up CNS, writhing in pain, lol.

As for the over under grip I'm very leary of tearing a bicep. I enjoy training for strength, but bodybuilding is my main pursuit.. and tearing a bicep would really, really mess that up. The risk/reward ratio is not favorable in my opinion.

And I'm about 5'6 1/2" :D

As for the over under grip I'm very leary of tearing a bicep.

That's exactly how I tore mine. I remember it well… pop, pop, pop… damn!

That's exactly how I tore mine. I remember it well… pop, pop, pop… damn!

The few extra pounds you can move with an over under certainly isn't worth the chance of curling that bicep up to your shoulder ha.

we need to have an intervention. all these heavy squats and deads are only going to make you shorter.:)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws