over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

decline bench

guns123

Registered
(there was a thread here recently, i tried to find it to post this question there but i couldn't, so apoligies).

i read from the EMG (is that right?) test, that decline bench actually worked the middle part of the chest more than flat bench...and flat bench worked the lower part of the chest more than decline. true? opinions?

Decline works your whole chest.

does anyone prefer to do this exercise with elbows out and bringing the bar up around nipple level instead of dropping the elbows and bringing the bar lower around the sternum. i have found with elbows out it cuts the weight you can use down drastically but seems to be a more effective at working the chest in this position.

(there was a thread here recently, i tried to find it to post this question there but i couldn't, so apoligies).

i read from the EMG (is that right?) test, that decline bench actually worked the middle part of the chest more than flat bench...and flat bench worked the lower part of the chest more than decline. true? opinions?

What do you mean by middle chest?

I love decline dumbells. My favorite chest exercise

bench hits the whole chest but incline works more the upper and decline more the lower

i like decline more than flat and incline, plus it feels like i can focus more on the chest and not work my shoulders harder than my chest, elbow out and down to just above my the nipple line and heavy as i can go and my chest have been making better progress than incline and flat

i wouldnt concern yourself with which part of the chest it works. if its done properly with high intensity and heavy weight im sure youll get fantastic results with it...lol...just ask anyone training under phil!

does anyone prefer to do this exercise with elbows out and bringing the bar up around nipple level instead of dropping the elbows and bringing the bar lower around the sternum. i have found with elbows out it cuts the weight you can use down drastically but seems to be a more effective at working the chest in this position.

I haven't done declines in a while but that's how I prefer to do them too.

Feels kind of like a dip.

I just ate steak, eggs, and peanut butter too, fyi.

I haven't done declines in a while but that's how I prefer to do them too.

Feels kind of like a dip.

I just ate steak, eggs, and peanut butter too, fyi.

i just see all these guy using these big weight on decline and i never go over 265 or so. all in the way its performed i guess.

did you put the peanut butter on the steak or the eggs?............i ate a whole tray of pizza:) i took the pepperoni off though

i wouldnt concern yourself with which part of the chest it works. if its done properly with high intensity and heavy weight im sure youll get fantastic results with it...lol...just ask anyone training under phil!

yep, true, but thats not the poin i am trying to discuss.

peoples first thought is that iclin works upper chest most, flat works middle most, and decline works bottom chest most....but this test say otherwise (exception incline)

thats what i was wanting to discuss

I only started doing decline after being advised to from a great Pro on this board. In the past I only did incline as I thought it built the upper part of chest which made it look the biggest. I always thought decline only developed the lower part of the chest which I wasnt too concered with. Now that i've been adding decline i've noticed overall chest growth. But for some reason im pretty damn weak on decline. I can bench more on flat and incline than decline.

i just see all these guy using these big weight on decline and i never go over 265 or so. all in the way its performed i guess.

did you put the peanut butter on the steak or the eggs?............i ate a whole tray of pizza:) i took the pepperoni off though

NOt to take this thread in a whole new direction or anything.....but I completely blew my diet this holiday season!!!:D I really dont want to get fat. I think I need an intervention! lol -StOrY

p.s. I do my decline reps in a smooth, controlled quick motion 10% below the top and bottom.:D

NOt to take this thread in a whole new direction or anything.....but I completely blew my diet this holiday season!!!:D I really dont want to get fat. I think I need an intervention! lol -StOrY

p.s. I do my decline reps in a smooth, controlled quick motion 10% below the top and bottom.:D

dont be so hard on yourself the holidays arent officially over till monday, keep eatting man. well atleast thats my theory. i did have DIET coke with the pizze, that counts right?

Anyone..

Have a video clip which displays the proper form on decline? Looknig for elbow positions and bar placement. I've been doing them for a few months know since working with Phil.

dont be so hard on yourself the holidays arent officially over till monday, keep eatting man. well atleast thats my theory. i did have DIET coke with the pizze, that counts right?

well, that does make me feel a little bit better edge!! Thanks! I've been so good about dieting the last few months, I figured I'd take a couple weeks off for the holidays! Dude!! Try the Cotton Candy blizzards from Dairy Queen!!! Hurry up though!! Monday is coming quick!! lol haha -StOrY

I truly believe that it depends on your "structure". i have very narrow and "high" pecs. if i do flat bench or incline, even if i roll my shoulders back and squeeze my shoulder blades together, i still work around 60% shoulders, 30% triceps and maybe 10% chest. on decline, i feel it's 70% or more chest work. other people i know (especially those who are naturally wide and have a big chest, with regards to insertion points and not thickness) they feel incline and flat bench are best and hate decline because it hurts their shoulders and they don't feel it in their chests.

you have to try different exercises to figure out what fits your structure. well, atleast that's the way i see it.

well, that does make me feel a little bit better edge!! Thanks! I've been so good about dieting the last few months, I figured I'd take a couple weeks off for the holidays! Dude!! Try the Cotton Candy blizzards from Dairy Queen!!! Hurry up though!! Monday is coming quick!! lol haha -StOrY

Unless your like 3weeks out from a show dont be hard on yourself. Plus holding a little extra water/fat while being bigger is a much cooler look imo

On a side note, I never feel it in my chest when I do BB decline, DB decline is a different story. I have no idea why, anyone got any suggestions? I think I might be using to much weight. So it's harder to keep proper form, gona try it next time I train chest with alot less weight and see if i feel it. If not, guess I'm just cursed.

On a side note, I never feel it in my chest when I do BB decline, DB decline is a different story. I have no idea why, anyone got any suggestions? I think I might be using to much weight. So it's harder to keep proper form, gona try it next time I train chest with alot less weight and see if i feel it. If not, guess I'm just cursed.

I had a similar problem a while ago, I just started playing with different grips and found where it hit my chest the hardest, and gave me the best mechanical leverage. I found (for me at least) my grip was a lot narrower than I would have imagined, if it was too wide, I felt the stress being placed on my front delt and rotator cuff.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws