over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

decline bench..

Press

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
everytime i do decline bench the blood vessels around my eyes seems to break. this last time they broke around my eyes mostly but also all over my face, chest, and shoulders. my breathing is fine so i dunno whats going on im sick of it. any suggestions? wtf am i doing wrong?

Are you sure your breathing is fine? You're doing alot of weight Chris, and I'm sure straining alot under that much weight(dont take that the wrong way)
Do they stay there after you're done and go away in a few mins, or are they there for hours?

Wondering if youre blood pressure isnt too high. Have you measured it recently with a proper size cuff?

Thats odd. Maybe you are on too much of a decline? What I do is raise my head up slightly so my heads off the bench and parallel to the floor, that might help bro good luck!

I would get a BP reading done and not one of the auto ones in the drug store.

everytime i do decline bench the blood vessels around my eyes seems to break. this last time they broke around my eyes mostly but also all over my face, chest, and shoulders. my breathing is fine so i dunno whats going on im sick of it. any suggestions? wtf am i doing wrong?

yes!!!!.....don't do declines

thanx for the replies guys. my bloodpressure and breathing are in check. i check my bp every few days. i dont really wanna try keeping my head up and off the bench, but maybe i should.

oh ya john my face will look this way for days...

Last edited:
Sorry........

didn't you read his post????

Yes i read his post. I just mis-understood what you meant. You were being specific to him. If declines cause that to happen to you then don't do them. Where as other's may not have that problem, and should continue to do what works for them. I was having an air head moment i suppose.

Having that reaction to declines really isnt normal IMO, and I would be concerned. Maybe you arent breathing right when you do the lift? Concentrate on doing the correct breathing pattern and not holding your breathe. It sounds like your BP is only too high while you are lifting. Being on a decline never did anything of that sort to me. I did used to have a bleeding head after doing squats though! My scalp would be pouring out trickles of blood and I didnt even know it. I only learned after people told me. After inscpecting my scalp I could see that tiny little pimples had popped and were bleeding all over! Sure my BP was too high during the lift. The kind of gear you may be on could affect this too I believe.

Having that reaction to declines really isnt normal IMO, and I would be concerned. Maybe you arent breathing right when you do the lift? Concentrate on doing the correct breathing pattern and not holding your breathe. It sounds like your BP is only too high while you are lifting. Being on a decline never did anything of that sort to me. I did used to have a bleeding head after doing squats though! My scalp would be pouring out trickles of blood and I didnt even know it. I only learned after people told me. After inscpecting my scalp I could see that tiny little pimples had popped and were bleeding all over! Sure my BP was too high during the lift. The kind of gear you may be on could affect this too I believe.

yeah i didnt think it was normal myself and am a lil concerned about it. ill check my breathing next time but im confident thats not it. im only taking a ph right now and taking the recommended dosage. did you stop doing squats?

yeah i didnt think it was normal myself and am a lil concerned about it. ill check my breathing next time but im confident thats not it. im only taking a ph right now and taking the recommended dosage. did you stop doing squats?

Hell no! It was just a transient problem really. Looking back I should have really not ignored it and gotten off the sauce then. Once I got off, it did not occur anymore.

Hell no! It was just a transient problem really. Looking back I should have really not ignored it and gotten off the sauce then. Once I got off, it did not occur anymore.

well ill check my breathing next time and if thats not it ima have to give em up :(

well, you dont have to "give em up" totally

i use a hammerstrength decline from time to time that works just as good
if not better than a barbell.....much safer and more controlled movement
which to me, just seems better.... and it's up right...no blood rushin to the head!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Alternative.....

Wide Grip V-Dips my friend...

Good ole Db Floor Presses as well...

Your eyes will thank-you and soo will your upper-body:)

Good luck and breathing check and blood pressure check-up would be a good idea as well. Better safe than sorry..

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws