over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

diet help...

jawbreakerkid

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm going on very soon and this is the diet I have planned out. Of course day by day some things will vary, but this is basically it. I'm only looking to put on 10-15 lbs., want quality mass, not to be a bloated freak (been there before at 270, sweating profusely all day is not fun). I'm currently 245 @ 5'9". Please, if you take the time, critique away.

8:00 meal 1: 6 whole eggs, 3 whites; 2 pieces whole wheat toast; oatmeal

9:00 meal 2: protein shake w/water, 1 banana

11:00 meal 3: 1/2 lb. ground turkey, 1 cup brown rice

1:30 meal 4: 1 can tuna on 2 pieces whole wheat bread, 1 yogurt

4:00 meal 5, pre-workout: 1/2 lb. ground turkey, 1 cup brown rice

4:45 train

Post workout (immediately following), meal 6: protein shake mixed w/ water, 1 banana

8:30 meal 7: 6 whole eggs, 3 whites, 2 pieces whole wheat toast, oatmeal

before bed, meal 8: 3 chicken breast

Looks great except

Everything looks good except meal 1 doesnt cut it for me. I am such an avid freak on trying to keep my fats low when Im eating a ton of carbs. You have 6 whole eggs, and then you have 2 toast and a bowl of oats. Good lord thats nearly 25 grams of fat and 50 grams of carbs, I would either X the Carbs or X the fat,

FOr example

10 Egg white, 2 toast, oats, and 1-2 scoops of whey

Or

6 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 2 Scoops of whey with Flax oil or olive oil. In fact for you lower the carbs all day until you train, the fats will give you good energy and still promote a mass building environment minus the fat gaining one we have here.

I agree with victor about the first meal as well .Also You need some sugary carbs after training .To replace glycogen stores.I recomend the favored oatmeal that comes in the little packs.[2 or 3] You need some more natural fats especially in your last meal to slow absorbtion.I would replace the tuna meal with a couple of hamburgers with out the bun go ahead and put some cheese on those as well.And maybe have a small salad with those as well /add olive oil as dressing.That is going to be a tough diet to follow But if you can do it with consistancy ,you should look quite good by the time that you come off.You are thick kid.Just remember carbs and protien in the morning and after training [ sugary] then basicly high protien mod fat rest of the day.Another trick that studs like Big A or even a so called natty like Skip Lacaur [ sp?] recomend is a whey shake with each and every meal.It might be something to try.Goodluck with things .....You are already know what to do......just stick to your plan once you start.....Like Excell sayes nutrition is at least 60% of the game.....Now kick some ass and eat some serious food intelligently....One last thing for a guy your size on gear ,I would like to see you up around that 500 gram a day protien mark.I think the diet you have outlined is closer to 400[ I could be wrong , I am just a dumb greaseball like yourself LOL!]Remember gear increases protien utilization.When you go off ,then you cut it back .Make sense? Good luck big guy......Take care....

"dumb grease ball like myself" LOL...that made me laugh :D

As far as the hamburgers, basically that is what I do with the turkey, I grill up a pound for every day and make it into burgers and eat it with 2% american cheese on top. I do eat the tuna with a 1-2 table spoons of olive oil (after all, I am Italian!) so I think that meal is ok, let me know if you still disagree. I agree with the sugars after training. I have about a 35 min ride home from the gym, that's when I have my protein shake and a banana. Usually what I do right when I get home is drink a bottle of gatorade. So maybe that is sufficient? I also agree with the more protein, in the past I went with the eat whatever diet. I would eat 7-8K cals a day, with over 500g protein. I was big, but I was bloated to shit! So I tapered back my protein, but looking back at my old diet, I used to drink alot of skim milk (upwards of 2 gallons a day) and the sugar just killed me. So I think if I add a scoop of whey to every meal, it wouldn't hurt since it's a clean source of protein. Fat before bed, I was always under the impression that one would want a clean source of protein before bed that would metabolize slowly, unlike a shake. I've never heard of eating fats before bed though, could you elaborate?

as far as following the diet, I cook and prepare everything ahead of time and take it to my office, so staying on track is not a problem for me. I'm planning on doing a show next november, so it's time to kick it in high gear. I don't want to start dieting for the show and have to struggle at the last minute to come in tight and dry. So LBM is what I'm after.

Vitor has a good point. I wouldn't go with that many whole eggs, but that is just me. I'd go with 2 whole eggs and 7 whites, 1 cup oats, 1 banana and a tbs of flax or olive. Which ever you decide on the oils if any, I'd use the other in the evening, but at least a few hours after your post workout meal.

well there is a reason I eat 9 eggs, I buy them in packs of 18, so I need to divide the number evenly or else one morning I wind up with like 7 eggs or some weird number...lol Well, it make sense to me. :p So I could go 3 whole, 6 whites, and drink one scoop of whey with the oatmeal to make up for the lost protein. There is just not enough calories or protein in an egg white.

ummmm

:D I would do the spaghetti, lasagna, olive oil, lots of garlic bread, many olives. Its called the italian stallion Im huge and ripped dont need to diet kind of diet. hehehehehhhe

Try this lower your sodium as best as possible, keep your carbs before and after workout low glycemic pre, high sugary post workout. Im AM havemost have fats then you have all day to metabolize. Rest of the day protein and green.
the chubbiest of all fatkidz
Gooey

I also like al the eggs, just not so many whole eggs. Cholesterol and all that, I'm silly that way. I just try and not eat dairy. It's a great source for protein, but it just makes the skin so damn think. It really seems to affect me really bad.

Hmm

My whole egg point was that Fats + Carbs = Fat ASS :) , Im the first to tell you that I love carbs and I love eating them I just try to time them and eat them right. You said your goal was to get cutter and put on lean mass. Since you train at night, I was trying to have you use mostly fat and proteins all day Something Like this might help, I try to remember no one is like me in the sense that for 5 years I had the same breakfast everyday unless I was on vaction, so I dont mind eating the same crap over and over again.

I estimated youre eating roughly 4500 Cals a day, which is an Ok baseline, and not to shabby, Here is how I would run your diet with lean muscle building and minor fat gain.

8am 4 Whole Eggs, 2 Peices of bacon, 2 Scoops of whey,
Roughly 600 Cals, around 25 Grams fat and 59 Grams Pro

9:00 meal 2: protein shake w/water, 1 1/2 Table Spoons olive Oil

11:00 meal 3: 1/2 lb. ground Beef, (Screw that Turkey, Add Cheese)

1:30 meal 4: 1 can tuna, Mayo 2 Scoops Whey, 1 yogurt

4:00 meal 5, pre-workout: 1/2 lb. ground turkey, 1 cup brown rice

4:45 train

Post workout : 1 Packet of Sweet Tarts Candy, 1 Soda, 3 Scoops of Whey

8:30 meal 7: 1/2lb Steak, Potato, Veggies

Before bed : Fats, and Protein, Maybe a scoop of Fiber powder to really slow down the protein release and its for your health

I tried to keep calories close, you may need to increase.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws