over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet modifications while on HGH?

ironchick22

Registered
I am female trying to put on size...will be starting an HGH cycle soon and was wondering how I should change my diet or if I should keep it the same. I don't want to lose weight, but rather gain lean mass. Does HGH increase my metabolism? SO should I increase cals? Proteins, fats, or carbs? Also, is it ok to with cardio for heart health/ lean gains, or do u feel cardio is necessry?

I am female trying to put on size...will be starting an HGH cycle soon and was wondering how I should change my diet or if I should keep it the same. I don't want to lose weight, but rather gain lean mass. Does HGH increase my metabolism? SO should I increase cals? Proteins, fats, or carbs? Also, is it ok to with cardio for heart health/ lean gains, or do u feel cardio is necessry?

what is your diet like right now?
you stats?
cardio is good for the heart, but depending on your current situation it might not be the best for ya....

I'm only just at 100 pounds right now.. (I'm short) switching from figure to bodybuilding... was recently ill and lossed a lot of size. Also have low bone density and hoping the HGH will help me not only put on lean mass for a comp but also possible improve my bone health as well.... Diet right now is right around 2000 cals.. probably around 15% fat, 45% carb, 40% protein. Foods I eat most are oatmeal, egg whites, almonds, sugar free soy milk, lean beef, chicken, fish, greek yogurt, asparagus, cabbage, broccoli, sweet potatoes, fish oils, spinach, spring mix salads, protein shakes when needed and p/w, occasionally whole wheat bread/pita bread when I go out.

Does HGH increase the metabolism? I know people also use it to lean out, so if I don't want to lose size, but gain size, do I need to increase cals? Also, does this really keep the gains "lean"- meaning will I gain a greater % of muscle than I would if not on HGH? And what would you recommend as far as cardio? I lift heavy 5 days a week in the gym.... but have been also doing cardio most days of the week as well but no more than 30 minutes, med-high intensity on the stepmill or incline treadmill. I mostly do the cardio to keep the gains lean.... should i keep it in during my HGH cycle?

the diet looks good,

if you are really seriously trting to increase body weight, i would cut the cardio back to 2-3 days a week and see what happens... chances are you will allow more time for recovery allowing more gains in lbm.

hgh will increase your metabolism indirectly, it will help with boe density as well with long term use....

i would keep the diet high in calories, train heavy compound movements and allow plenty of time for rest and recovery...

what dose of the hgh are you running?

I'm thinking 2 IU's once a day for 20 days a month? What would u recommend? Also, I heard it is best to take right before bed.. to release the GH and optimize growth?is this correct or no?

You won't see much in the way of results from hgh in 1 month. Usually 3 to 6 months is a good run of hgh. It just doesn't work fast.

If you are bulking go 3 times per week with your gh, post work out. Instead of running 2 iu ed for a total of 14 iu per week, go with 5 iu 3 times per week for a total of 15 iu.

Don't be afraid to add some more fats into that diet......

thanks! So other than that, is it necessry to up cals or change diet or should I keep it the same? I heard that protein synthesis is increased by like 500% I just want to make sure I am not losing weight while taking it, and if it increases my metabolism, isn't it necessary to add more food to combat this?

When I took gh it slowed my thyroid down. Some people add t3, but I don't like adding it without looking at blood levels and adjusting accordingly. I am on gh now and stay on at least 8-10 months, or until I go broke.

are you going to be taking any aas with that gh?

I don't beleive in doing cardio if you are trying to build muscle, it is counter productive. A good weightlifting program puts a stress on the heart enough to keep it health, save cardio for cutting. If you are worried about gaining a bit of fat while adding mass, stick to figure. You are throwing money down the toilet if you take gh to ad muscle and don't eat to gain or do so much cardio that you burn off any new muscle.you will need to adjust your calories as you go and see how your body is responding. Right now yours look good for your size. more healthy fats would be what I would add to up the calories a bit as well as their healty benefits.

I like 2 grams of protein for every lb of lean body mass when growing.

Those are my opinions :)

I think it would be best if we had pics of ironchick and Amazon Doll. That way we can further evaluate and thus give our advice.:D

OK, Im kidding....but it was worth a try.

I think Amazon Doll is right on, you need to do 0 to minimal cardio and just focus on a good diet with an emphasis on protein.

Why would the GH slow down the thyroid? Is this common? If I drop the cardio, keep the cals the same, and add the GH, will I have a better chance of making my gain leans than with no GH? I realize I will gain both fat and muscle, but I would obviously prefer to keep them as lean as possible, and am hoping GH will help with this because I don't put on muscle very easily. Am I wasting my money, or is this in fact what GH does?

my opinion

in my opinion, i would save the gh for when you are cutting (precontest). i just don't see the need for it when trying to bulk. gh should be used at low doses for fat loss only. gh is not going to add the muscle you want, diet and anabolics will.

if you're worried about gaining lean mass then switch your ratios around. diet is your answer, not adding gh. try switching to something like 40% protein 40% fat and 20% carbs. that is a good basic plan to start then you can adjust accordingly.

Then why do all the men use gh to bulk?

i think you are getting confused about hgh. you don't get big on gh, so don't think of it that way. it is AAS and insulin that make you grow.

not all do. most don't. who gave you this information?

i would bet money 90% of pro's and top amatures use hgh year round... do a search on hgh and you'll find plenty of studies that demonstrate its abilities to add lbm, its a proven fact....

2 iu's a day is a good dose to start for a women, it all depends on wht kind of hgh your using. 2 iu's of humatrope is a lot different than 2 iu's of the generics... i wouldnt do the 3x a week protocal first, i would run it 5x a week for an extended peroid of time and see what happens...

yeah 2g/lb of pro works wonders imo, also i dont believe cardio is counter productive to growing. it increases mitichondria which are the cells power house. just be prudent with the amount

Have you competed before?

i would bet money 90% of pro's and top amatures use hgh year round... do a search on hgh and you'll find plenty of studies that demonstrate its abilities to add lbm, its a proven fact....
I really wouldn't say it's a scientific fact. I haven't seen one single single study showing GH to increase skeletal muscle mass! LBM, yes. Actual skeletal muscle, no. All the studies say the LBM is water and/or increased organ size. In fact WADA was thinking of dropping hGH from the banned list since there is zero evidence for its performance enhancing or anabolic effects. Now, I would say that it can help to foster an anabolic environment when stacked with other classes of drugs but by itself it will do close to nothing for mass. Fat loss, yes.

I'm sure Animal has discussed this a lot on his board (I've seen you reference his stuff), ie if GH increases protein synthesis it's no good if it does nothing to retard protein breakdown.

I really wouldn't say it's a scientific fact. I haven't seen one single single study showing GH to increase skeletal muscle mass! LBM, yes. Actual skeletal muscle, no. All the studies say the LBM is water and/or increased organ size. In fact WADA was thinking of dropping hGH from the banned list since there is zero evidence for its performance enhancing or anabolic effects. Now, I would say that it can help to foster an anabolic environment when stacked with other classes of drugs but by itself it will do close to nothing for mass. Fat loss, yes.

I'm sure Animal has discussed this a lot on his board (I've seen you reference his stuff), ie if GH increases protein synthesis it's no good if it does nothing to retard protein breakdown.

good point, and good clarification

now from what i understand hgh, igf, will increase the protein synthesis over that of degeneration... obviosly not to a degree it would have an immediate noticable effect... would you agree?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws