over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you believe spirits exist?

David Copperfield made it dissapear once... in another dimension maybe. ;)

Very interesting thread. But useless one since in the absence of tangible scientific proofs we can only guess... and believe. .

ah come on...Ive seen crazier theories in people giving advice on contest cycles and gh :). They lack proof (and gains) but people still believe them like gospel lol. So until people stop asking that kindof stuff, Im gonna keep talking about ghosts and the eiffel tower.

ah come on...Ive seen crazier theories in people giving advice on contest cycles and gh :). They lack proof (and gains) but people still believe them like gospel lol. So until people stop asking that kindof stuff, Im gonna keep talking about ghosts and the eiffel tower.
What's this "eiffel tower" you keep talking about? I never heard of it. Like a radio tower? Or is more like a skyscraper? Maybe a rock formation?

What's this "eiffel tower" you keep talking about? I never heard of it. Like a radio tower? Or is more like a skyscraper? Maybe a rock formation?
Are there any GOATS there? What language do they speak? What color are they? How many goats can we fit in this tower?

My point about the post didn't come through. You asked if someone has never seen the Eiffel Tower whether it exists. Well, in a very real way, it doesn't. Not for that person. A person can only call into their mind abstractions of things they have already perceived in one form or another. It's actually a pretty fascinating function of the mind. Take one of oldfella's goats for example. If I say "goat" you can picture in your mind your version of a goat. If I say now picture a blue goat, you can because your mind can construct one for you from two totally different abstractions - the color blue and the previously perceived goat. Almost all imaginary things are simply just that - conglomerations of multiple abstractions that we have seen throughout the course of our life. Had you been born totally colorblind, you would not have been able to construct a blue goat. Blue would have no meaning to you. Blue would not exist at all.

Here's a test. I have a hand-painted icon on the mantle of my fireplace. Tell me what you think it looks like. Before you read the previous sentence, did that icon exist for you? No. Does it exist at all? Not an easy question to answer philosophically. I'll bet you can picture the fireplace and the mantle and you can probably even see the bricks (even though it's marble), but I bet you have no clue about that icon.

I think the root of these kinds of manifestations and tales lies right inside your post. In the beginning you say "trust me friend there is proof if you seek it long enough" but by the end you say "we just really dont know". Trust me, I'd like for there to be ghosts and spirits running around as much as anyone but I just can't put any effort into that brand of faith. It's hard enough for me to deal and struggle with the real realities of life that you mentioned - all the unexplainable things in life and the mystery and meaning of existence itself. Much more worthy pursuits. That's why I said what I said about keeping the fascination to a hobby level or just a mild amusement or curiosity and focus on reality.

Yes they do exist

But that is a such a complex issue that I can't write everything that I have seem and know here.

To make it brief I come from south America where there is full of mambo jambo and "evil" spirits are conjured all the time in that case you have to have your shit together my friends other wise they destroy you.

There is another case that is the human soul that survives after this lief finishes and the right thing to happen is that energy to dissipate and rearrange in order to originate new life, the right thing not always happen...

On top of that the human mind is fascinating and has the power to create beautiful/powerfull things...

My mom passe away 2 years ago and I have never had an encounter with "her" I am happy that finished her cycle after suffering so much with cancer.

J

But that is a such a complex issue that I can't write everything that I have seem and know here.

To make it brief I come from south America where there is full of mambo jambo and "evil" spirits are conjured all the time in that case you have to have your shit together my friends other wise they destroy you.

There is another case that is the human soul that survives after this lief finishes and the right thing to happen is that energy to dissipate and rearrange in order to originate new life, the right thing not always happen...

On top of that the human mind is fascinating and has the power to create beautiful/powerfull things...

My mom passe away 2 years ago and I have never had an encounter with "her" I am happy that finished her cycle after suffering so much with cancer.

J
Evil spirits destroying shit? Send photos right away! Sounds awesome.

Evil spirits destroying shit? Send photos right away! Sounds awesome.

What about a 90lbs woman lifting a bench that has 3 guys sitting on it with only one arm???

A possessed guy jumping in the ocean and getting in and out even though there was a current and even firefighters wouldn't dare to get in?

Someone drinking a full bottle of vodka in one gulp and walking away just fine?

A guy grabbing a knife and bending it with no cuts in his hands?

Kinda of scary when that happens in front of you.

What about a 90lbs woman lifting a bench that has 3 guys sitting on it with only one arm???

A possessed guy jumping in the ocean and getting in and out even though there was a current and even firefighters wouldn't dare to get in?

A guy grabbing a knife and bending it with no cuts in his hands?

Kinda of scary when that happens in front of you.

How come things like this cannot be documented? Never have been documented. There are some skeptics who will pay you millions if you can prove the supernatural.

I believe the experience is real but did you see what you thought you saw?

Nope

I don't believe in spirits (as in ghosts). And although I think the notion is exciting and romantic, I just don't buy into it. For example, there are on this planet today approaching 7 billion people, not to mention all the people that have throughout human history. We should be up to our wazu's in spirits… Happy spirits, pissed off spirits, vindictive spirits (my ex will qualify), spirits with unfinished business (does it actually get finished in the next life? I am here to tell you in this one, when something gets "finished", there are 10 more "projects" to take its place)

Plus if:
(X) energy in = (X) energy out (as in energy is neither created or destroyed)
Where are all these new lives (spirits) coming from?

But, damn, I do love Halloween and I would LOVE for some clammy translucent creepy SOB come up to me that night, stick its cold crooked finger in my face and moan "Brick, you are a naive dumb f*ck!"

This one doesn't qualify. I did this myself back in '93 ;)

My point about the post didn't come through. You asked if someone has never seen the Eiffel Tower whether it exists. Well, in a very real way, it doesn't. Not for that person. A person can only call into their mind abstractions of things they have already perceived in one form or another. It's actually a pretty fascinating function of the mind. Take one of oldfella's goats for example. If I say "goat" you can picture in your mind your version of a goat. If I say now picture a blue goat, you can because your mind can construct one for you from two totally different abstractions - the color blue and the previously perceived goat. Almost all imaginary things are simply just that - conglomerations of multiple abstractions that we have seen throughout the course of our life. Had you been born totally colorblind, you would not have been able to construct a blue goat. Blue would have no meaning to you. Blue would not exist at all.

Here's a test. I have a hand-painted icon on the mantle of my fireplace. Tell me what you think it looks like. Before you read the previous sentence, did that icon exist for you? No. Does it exist at all? Not an easy question to answer philosophically. I'll bet you can picture the fireplace and the mantle and you can probably even see the bricks (even though it's marble), but I bet you have no clue about that icon.

I think the root of these kinds of manifestations and tales lies right inside your post. In the beginning you say "trust me friend there is proof if you seek it long enough" but by the end you say "we just really dont know". Trust me, I'd like for there to be ghosts and spirits running around as much as anyone but I just can't put any effort into that brand of faith. It's hard enough for me to deal and struggle with the real realities of life that you mentioned - all the unexplainable things in life and the mystery and meaning of existence itself. Much more worthy pursuits. That's why I said what I said about keeping the fascination to a hobby level or just a mild amusement or curiosity and focus on reality.

So does the Allegory of the Cave apply here?? It's been a while since I've wrote a paper or actually revisited most anything from college...JEEZ! I think one of last I wrote was about Sartre's views on environment and heredity...
Who's knows lol...I could be way off:p

How come things like this cannot be documented? Never have been documented. There are some skeptics who will pay you millions if you can prove the supernatural.

I believe the experience is real but did you see what you thought you saw?

Plenty of that in Brazil, saw it all and my cousin (a pastor) has even more stuff to tell you, asl any Cuban about Santeria...

How come things like this cannot be documented?

They are! Its just a matter if where there documented have any legit credibility! Like I said you can go to your local city hall and they may have documented a particular landmark is haunted has paranormal activity etc. Also Yale University has published in the Journal on Parapsychology with events documented. I don't know if that what you mean by being documented.

Last edited:
Plenty of that in Brazil, saw it all and my cousin (a pastor) has even more stuff to tell you, asl any Cuban about Santeria...

Oh I'm sure there are lots of stories and eyewitness accounts. I've heard a few strange things happening to some friends of mine. Thing is they tend to happen after boozing/drugging intensely.

They are! Its just a matter if where there documented have any legit credibility! Like I said you can go to your local city hall and they may have documented a particular landmark is haunted has paranormal activity etc. Also Yale University has published in the Journal on Parapsychology with events documented. I don't know if that what you mean by being documented.

Well, for example document paranormal events according to these conditions:

http://www.randi.org/joom/challenge-info.html

Some poor Cuban or Brazilian could pick up a cool million dollars quite easily. :D

Like I said, the mind can "see" a lot of strange things but it may not be happening in objective reality.

Well, did you know that some have documented 'that' "Tunnel/White light" or "Vissions of loved ones" durring 'near death experiences' as just loss of oxygen to the brain(hallucinations)?

I'd say I'd have to see it to believe it, but I'd prob. need more proof than that. Not only would I feel the need to exp. it but I'd finally need scientific proof.

Yes they are real. I had an experience bout 5 yrs ago.
I was working as a CO at a prison, actually I was still in the academy at the time. We had to stay in onsite dorms during the week. Me and a friend were having a cigarette at the end of the hall. We saw at the other end of the hall the door open and someone came through. couldnt see face, but it was the whole body. Anyway this person went into the bathroom which was at his end of the hall, all lights were off in the bathroom. Me and my friend were like what is he doing? lets go scare him. We never turned away so we know he didnt leave the bathroom(no windows or other exit) We ran down to the bathroom and turned on the light noone was in there. We both got a huge chill and got scared. We ran back to my room and told my roommate. He came into the hall as we described what happened. Just then we heard the sound of water running. We ran to the bathroom and the toilets were overflowing as if someone was holding down the flusher. Craziest thing ever. 4 guys slept in one room that night.
I have never believed in anything like that before. I am very logical, scientist type. (Bio major). I still get goosebumps when i tell the story. Def changed my ways of thinking about things like that.

I don't really believe in them, but I love horror movies with ghosts and stuff.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws