mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does caffiene give you a crappier workout?

Does caffiene help or hurt your workouts?

• Caffiene hurts my workout

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Caffiene rocks, I love it and it gives me an extra boost

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • Not really sure/doesn't do much for me

Votes: 9 12.9%

• Total voters
As far as the poll goes I wouldnt say caffeine "rocks" yet it definitely helps.

But I would say Caffeine and DMAA rocks. Great combo for strength/endurance.

As mentioned though, almost all stims will restrict the pump though so your choice between the two...

Caffeine

Hey,

Truthfully the only reason I know this, is because I'm a type 1 diabetic.
I do 6-8 finger pricks to check my blood sugar ED, plue I wear a Constant Glucose Monitor.

16 of black coffee will raise my blood sugar (and yours (non diabetic)), between 120-140 points within 5 minutes of drinking it.

In my case, I have to administer a does of Humolog, your panreas automaticaly does the same. Any time there's a surge of insulin, you indeed may feel lethargic. Energy drinks for most people make them feel stronger and able to perform better. Unfortuently the exact opposite happens.

Feeling wired and amped up usually means little, as far as actual performance,
which is very different than perceived performance.

MT

No xplode makes me crash every time. 200mg caffeine tab is fine tho

No xplode makes me crash every time. 200mg caffeine tab is fine tho

Xplode does this for me too, but I was wondering if it's from caffeine? Because 1MR (contains 300mg caffeine) doesn't me give crashes at all

Caffeine is a preworkout staple for me. Actually, it's my favorite drug and not a single day goes by that I do not have some.

Xplode does this for me too, but I was wondering if it's from caffeine? Because 1MR (contains 300mg caffeine) doesn't me give crashes at all

Doubt it's the caffeine as my tolerance is pretty high. Every time I take no x I get hypo symptoms half way through a workout.

Friggin No Xplode. I'll have to try something else. I'll definitely have to check out the DMAA.
Mac Truck that is an interesting insight into the effects of coffee, not something I would have guessed.
I love those monster rehab drinks (no sugar, non-carbonated) but they are kind of pricey.

Not a coffee drinker but i have tried it preworkout and for me it doesnt necessarily jack me up but i am a bit more awake and focust.. Ill have to do a better evaluation on myself next time because theres ppl who swear by caffine..(for preworkout).. maybe ill give some caffine and eph.. a go.. my2

I am a huge caffine user.
I try to limit all coffee to decaff and I use it for the appetite surpression.
What I do is brew up 10 green tea bags and some other herbal energy teas each night. The following day I just drink it all day.
I use some preworks but no DMAA because that doesn't feel healthy to use.
Craze I will use which also can't be great as it feels like adderall to me but it doesn't ramp my BP (i measure it on any preworkout to see what's going on).
I save that bad boy for leg days;)

thanx for the idea on the green tea.. totally didnt even think of that.. ^^

I am a huge caffine user.
I try to limit all coffee to decaff and I use it for the appetite surpression.
What I do is brew up 10 green tea bags and some other herbal energy teas each night. The following day I just drink it all day.
I use some preworks but no DMAA because that doesn't feel healthy to use.
Craze I will use which also can't be great as it feels like adderall to me but it doesn't ramp my BP (i measure it on any preworkout to see what's going on).
I save that bad boy for leg days;)

What's craze? Got to try it. Is DMAA the stuff in jacked? That stuff made me mentally feel like garbage.

Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, so it actually prevents blood from flowing to the muscles to the max

Not necessarily during exercise...

Quoted from another forum: "During exercise, there is a localized build-up of metabolic waste products within muscle tissue that ultimately results in intracellular acidosis (which is due to ATP hydrolysis NOT "lactic acid"). Since hydrogen and potassium exist in an electrophysiological axis between the intracellular and extracellular environment, the excess hydrogen ions produced through repeated muscular contraction force potassium into the intracellular space while the H+ ions simultaneously move into the interstitium (*think of it as a H+-K+ antiporter). The resultant hypokalemic state hyperpolarizes the membrane which lowers the resting membrane potential as well as relaxing arterioles due to lower intracellular calcium levels, resulting in vasodilation. Since caffeine has the capacity to enhance the exodus of calcium from the sarcoplasmic reticulum after an action potential (calcium release from the SR is calcium dependent), if you remove the initial impetus for calcium release, you remove the potentiality for smooth muscle contraction (vasoconstriction). Furthermore, since caffeine also acts as a PDEI, the only possible end-state would be vasodilation."

Cliff notes: caffeine can be a vasoDILATOR during exercise.

I love my PWO caffeine and there are plenty of studies out there that demonstrate it to be a great performance enhancer. 200mg is the lowest dose I'll take PWO and 400mg is the average.

Post work out? It pre?

A good little boost of caffiene helps my workout!! Too much and I get sick to my stomach. Same with ephedrine and that di methal stuff, can't use it.

I like preworkout supplements to get me more amped up to lift, but they don't seem to help performance at all. It just feels better to go in pumped than to be tired/groggy.

2 things I have noticed though:
1. Stimulants don't seem to effect me being able to go to sleep, but they will wake me up earlier. For instance I may go to sleep at 11pm and wake up at 7am normally, but if I drink an AMP or take a preworkout even early in the day like 11am I will wake up the next morning at say 5am. I would think the caffeine would be out of my system by then but this is something that is very consistent.

2. The above interference with my sleep seems to be amplified on cycle. There have been many times during this cycle I'll have a preworkout and then wake up at 3am unable to sleep until I eat something. Definitely annoying and at this point I'm saving all of my preworkouts until I get off cycle.

Stimulants prevent maximum blood flow and nutrients to the muscles. Over tax the nervous system. And strain the heart.... Ya they are great for a workout... A cup of coffee is one thing but pre workouts are garbage. If ya need a preworkout to train your in the wrong game

I prefer not to use stimulants. Especially pre-workouts. Only time I take them is if I'm really draggin ass before my workout because I workout at 830 at night.

I usually workout after a 10 hour shift at work and don't take caffeine on these days due to the time. I get home eat, workout, eat, and then get 15 minutes to relax before bed.

I do lift on one of my two days off and use caffeine. I feel this is my best workout of the week and have crazy energy and focus throughout. I will say it could be the best because it's first thing in the morning and I do not work 10 hours at a physical job beforehand. I like to credit the caffeine but it may not have anything to do with it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
billions.must.lift
NapsGear