advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does shakes make u soft & harder to grow from your experience?

Ocean cool

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know supplements are convenient & is better than skipping a meal.
I've been advice by a few top bb that to use solid meals because supplements will make u softer & its harder to grow.

Is this true?

I think you kinda answered your own question. The bottom line is don't miss meals and eat as much protein as you can.
So is 400-500g a day from whole foods best probably. If you can only eat 200-250g of whole food protein is it better to add a couple hundred grams from protein powder than not? Absolutely!
Bottom line its harder to grow on less protein and anything and everything you do to increase protein intake is likely a good thing.

Was told to stop the protein shake & replace it with solid chicken, beef, fish etc in order to grow.

Sometimes we can be a little lazy & rather use a protein shake. Was told it is not good.

i think this whole thing about protein powders making you "soft" comes from people consuming cheap stuff, like whey concentrate and having trouble tolerating it. The softness stemming from inflammation and mild allergic reaction.

try using high quality whey isolate and see if you have the same issue, or consider switching to egg white based or even beef based protein powders.

In the end its about what you can be consistent with. I can consistently consume 300+g of protein a day when consuming a few shakes a day. If i had to get all my protein from whole food sources I KNOW i wouldn't be as consistent with hitting my macros, just a lot of eating.... Not to mention how freaking expensive it would be

Again, if you actually can eat all your protein from whole food sources go right ahead and do it. If you have to resort to getting some of your protein from a powder as aforementioned as long as its from a decent source then do that.

I personally believe powders very much have their place as I choose WPI after training and MC before I go to sleep.

Though I try to get as much protein as possible from whole food sources, it's not realistic for a lot of us to get every single bit of protein that way. Powders can be a much easier solution, especially for people that are working in certain situations or traveling a lot. As long as you are using a high quality protein powder, I think it's a fine way to suppplement your protein intake.

I like shakes especially with oats in them, maybe some peanut butter.

I believe shakes work and have been in my diet for years. Usually 3-4 solid meals a day and 3 shakes...

Proteins

I was recently watching some you tube videos of Phil Heath. He stated he tries and prefers to get most if not all of his proteins from food, instead of shakes. Ofcourse, one does what one's life, money and time dictates.
I feel protein shakes during the day just leave my system way too fast. However, I definitely advocate a protein shake with a fast acting carb immediately after a workout.

Yeah great additions above. I think we'd all prefer whole food protein all the time. But convenience just makes shakes practical. And lets call a horse a horse too, some shakes just taste damn good. While chicken and tuna can over time...well you know. When I start getting tried of my own bbq sauce or chicken flavoring concoctions that's saying something.
For instance yesterday my son had a basketball game, from the time I left the house till I got back was over 3 hours. Now sure I could have eat right before and after I left. Or taken a tupperware with chicken and eaten it in the stands but even I'm not that guy. How easy was it to just pour some water into my blender bottle and slug down 70g of protein in a minute during halftime.

I've used shakes for years and they haven't made me soft in my opinion. Just be sure its a high quality protein and not a lot of hyped up cheap stuff.

i cant eat that much food especially with my always on the go lifestyle definitely have to supplement with some kinda protein shakes

I was told to get all your protein from solid meal to grow & try to stay away as much from shakes because shakes doesn't make u grow.

Person A : 100% protein from solid meal = 300g protein/ED

Person B: 50% protein from solid meals & 50% from shakes = 300g protein/ED.

Even though protein consumption are the same for both individuals, Person A will gain more muscles.

shakes dont "DO" anything persay. its abotu the macronutrients in them. Take trueprotiens cold filtrated WPI, its just protien. Mix it with water, drink it and all you got was protien. The problem with most products is that theyre junk. tons of sugar, the wrong combinations of macro and micro nutrients. The best source of protien is whole foods. If you cant get a whole meal, pure WPI + LBA's + Oats + olive oil + Pineapple is the perfect meal replacement. Protien shakes are a SUPPLEMENT, theyre used to supplement your diet when you need them. dont put too much faith in them.

shakes dont "DO" anything persay. its abotu the macronutrients in them. Take trueprotiens cold filtrated WPI, its just protien. Mix it with water, drink it and all you got was protien. The problem with most products is that theyre junk. tons of sugar, the wrong combinations of macro and micro nutrients. The best source of protien is whole foods. If you cant get a whole meal, pure WPI + LBA's + Oats + olive oil + Pineapple is the perfect meal replacement. Protien shakes are a SUPPLEMENT, theyre used to supplement your diet when you need them. dont put too much faith in them.

+1 they're called supplements, not replacements.

I was told to get all your protein from solid meal to grow & try to stay away as much from shakes because shakes doesn't make u grow.

Even though protein consumption are the same for both individuals, Person A will gain more muscles.

Person C: 300g protein from solids [like A] + 150g protein from shakes [like B] and person C gains most of all :D:p

Couldnt it possibly be that the guy who
said that meant shakes with MILK ??

This is simply not true

Whole food is better because it is more nutrient dense vs shakes (which would equal better WRT health, not size) but the idea that shakes make you "soft" is insane. Is the overall calorie intake and macro intake is the same then the results will be the same.

Meat is just slower digesting and a long acting protein source. Whey gets digested very fast so it doesn't stick around as long. The steady stream of protien IMO is better than peaks and valleys in aminos in the blood. If you get a shake or meal in every two hours while awake and eat a big salmon fillet or steak before bed I do not think there would be a huge difference.

thats why you get casein powder

personally i always tried to get most if not all my macros from solid food but when im trying to get bigger its just to hard to get more cals in i already eat at least 5 or 6 meals a day i have about 3-5 servings of protien per day on top of that

I use protein powder more of as a treat - anyone doing that?

I particularly use syntha-6 strawberry which doesn't have a great reputation as good protein shake but it taste so good, so instead of milk shake, I use that as my treat shake couple of times a week. Whatever works to avoid really bad food.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws