over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

drinking eggs/pasteurized eggs

gimmejuice

Registered
Howdy,

So I've been told that people can't absorb the protein from raw eggs. I've also been told that if you buy the cartons of pasteurized egg whites, that your body can absorb it because it's been exposed to heat. Anyone know anything about this? I'd sure like to drink my eggs, but only if I'm not wasting my time.

thanks,
GJ

The majority of the amino spectrum found in eggs is found in the yolk. If you want to go the path of drinking eggs, crack them in a bowl, then microwave them for 20 secs to kill the bacteria. I personally go through a dozen eggs everyday like this. I mix them with Phil's beef aminos and some whipped cream and it's like a high protein milk shake.

I've been drinking 8 raw eggs within 3 minutes of waking up every morning for a couple weeks now and I've gained 5 good pounds. I've been drinking raw eggs off and on for 9 years with no ill effects. My personal experiance is that the protien is good!

squatter

I'v been drinking about 4-5 raw eggs in my shakes in the morning. I can tell you i've noticed a difference.

I never heard uncooked eggs didn't absorb. I always thought uncooked foods had more nutrients. Just a higher risk of bacteria and such.

i nuke them for about 10 seconds in the microwave first.

Raw eggs

I eat about 12-14 raw eggs a day and they give me no gas or the shits. Not absorbing raw eggs is B.S. The body absorbes 88% of eggs cooked or not.

Hugs and kisses

Tman

I've heard that theory before about not digesting raw eggs because of there slippery nature. If you nuke them for a short while(20 secs) they become more consistent and digestable.
I like that source of protein its natural and very assimilatable. :)

nie work Tman. I get gassy if I eat raw eggs w/ alot of carbs. thats why I eat them early morn by themselves then wait an hour and a half before having breakfast. no gas that way. stomach feels fine.

squatter

DIEZEL666 said:
The majority of the amino spectrum found in eggs is found in the yolk. If you want to go the path of drinking eggs, crack them in a bowl, then microwave them for 20 secs to kill the bacteria. I personally go through a dozen eggs everyday like this. I mix them with Phil's beef aminos and some whipped cream and it's like a high protein milk shake.

Hmm.. So the yolk is the good part and the bad part huh? I was under the impression that the whites had the bulk of the protein, and the yolk was mainly fats and cholesterol. If I drink lots of whole eggs(as I've done occassionally) would I not be ingesting too much cholesterol?

thanks for the replies!

GJ

Egg yolks don't affect cholesterol in a negative manner. That's a myth.

I've been eating around 4000 eggs a year for the last 5 years. my grandpa eats alot of eggs too. we're fine. might be genetic, but I doubt it. eggs and more eggs.

squatter

Squat Ass said:
I've been eating around 4000 eggs a year for the last 5 years. my grandpa eats alot of eggs too. we're fine. might be genetic, but I doubt it. eggs and more eggs.

squatter

i dont get it? so you guys are saying you drink eggs like Rocky did LOL, what about getting ill from it?

how can i drink eggs without getting sick? are pasterized eggs in the yellow cartons safe to drink ?

if you can drink them what do you drink it with?

Digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein in humans as assessed by stable isotope techniques.

Evenepoel P, Geypens B, Luypaerts A, Hiele M, Ghoos Y, Rutgeerts P.

Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium.

Egg proteins contribute substantially to the daily nitrogen allowances in Western countries and are generally considered to be highly digestible. However, information is lacking on the true ileal digestibility of either raw or cooked egg protein. The recent availability of stable isotope-labeled egg protein allowed determination of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein by means of noninvasive tracer techniques. Five ileostomy patients were studied, once after ingestion of a test meal consisting of 25 g of cooked 13C- and 15N-labeled egg protein, and once after ingestion of the same test meal in raw form. Ileal effluents and breath samples were collected at regular intervals after consumption of the test meal and analyzed for 15N- and 13C-content, respectively. The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9 +/- 0.8 and 51.3 +/- 9.8%, respectively. A significant negative correlation (r = -0.92, P < 0.001) was found between the 13C-recovery in breath and the recovery of exogenous N in the ileal effluents. In summary, using the 15N-dilution technique we demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment. A simple 13C-breath test technique furthermore proved to be a suitable alternative for the evaluation of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein.

Also,raw eggs contain lots of avidin which can lead to biotin deficiency.

Man

I did not understand that article at all.....LOL

VANDER

I mix my eggs in with protein shakes. From what it seems eggs digest better if they have been heated. this also gets rid of the bacteria too.

I crack em open, throw em in a cup....stir them up and nuke em for 15-20 seconds. throw em in with ur protein powder and add water. Can barely tell they are in there.

I always scoop out those white cord look'n things cuz they just gross me out....lol

Like i said i notice a difference from doing this. can really add some quality nutrients without even trying.

you could buy those liquid egg whites in the grocery store, pretty sure they already been treated. could drink em out the container if you wanted. but there isn't any yolks. and i like to throw some of those in too. more expensive than regular eggs too.

also about getting sick

I'm sure its possible

but I looked into this. I forget what the farmers do now adays, but salmonella(SP?) is very rare today. Many articles compared ur chances of getting it with winning the LOTTO. ALso if you heat em up good, this should make it even less likely.

Conan21 said:
also about getting sick

I'm sure its possible

but I looked into this. I forget what the farmers do now adays, but salmonella(SP?) is very rare today. Many articles compared ur chances of getting it with winning the LOTTO. ALso if you heat em up good, this should make it even less likely.
Source of salmonella is on the outside of egg shell. Like you said, most commercial egg ranchers have the cleaning down pat. And - it's only an issue with raw eggs as heating kills salmonella.

I'd be concerned about eating raw eggs that are bought right off a farm - lots of people around my part sell eggs right off their farm.

Conan21 said:
Man

I did not understand that article at all.....LOL

VANDER

I mix my eggs in with protein shakes. From what it seems eggs digest better if they have been heated. this also gets rid of the bacteria too.

I crack em open, throw em in a cup....stir them up and nuke em for 15-20 seconds. throw em in with ur protein powder and add water. Can barely tell they are in there.

I always scoop out those white cord look'n things cuz they just gross me out....lol

Like i said i notice a difference from doing this. can really add some quality nutrients without even trying.

you could buy those liquid egg whites in the grocery store, pretty sure they already been treated. could drink em out the container if you wanted. but there isn't any yolks. and i like to throw some of those in too. more expensive than regular eggs too.

so does 15-20 seconds in the microwave cook them or are they still runy. i dont want no salmenella poisoning.

I would think drinking others would be a bad idea becuase of the fact you can get saliminela (sp) posioning??

Maverick

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311