over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experiences finding an bodybuilding friendly PCP

rotinaj

Registered
Newbies
For those who don’t just “do their own” labs and self diagnose, care to share your experience with finding a doctor/provider to oversee your lifestyle choices?

My experience with 90% of providers has been them refusing to monitor/assess/manage people who take knowingly take illicit drugs like AAS.

For example, you’re a competitive bodybuilder and struggle with your BP & Lipids so you found a provider to help manage your health… while they know you currently take and plan to continue to take your bodybuilding drugs.

I’ve always found it hypocritical how MD’s take an oath for ethical treatment while respecting patient autonomy.. but some refuse to treat someone at all when they don’t agree with their life choices.

Would really recommend against disclosing your steroid use to any doctor if you plan to get life insurance (if they will note it on your medical history).

Rand McClain and Eric Serrano are two options. Likely out of network though and I don’t believe Rand takes insurance.

Would really recommend against disclosing your steroid use to any doctor if you plan to get life insurance (if they will note it on your medical history).

Rand McClain and Eric Serrano are two options. Likely out of network though and I don’t believe Rand takes insurance.
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ What he said above!

Unless you’re personal friends with a PCP, then do not tell them anything about your AAS usage!

Cage

As Dr.s really aren't trained i the doses of anabolics that guys take i see no real benefit it telling them about it as the best they can say is to quit doing it. Just go there for your health and be treated. They will know you are on gear but they tend to leave that alone.

Good advice given so far.

The only reason I've disclosed my use to my doctor is that I met him and became friends before he was my doc otherwise I don't think I would be telling him.

I see no reason really to tell a doc. If you need bloodwork after a cycle just tell him/her you went on a crazy partying bender for the past 4-6 weeks drinking tons, eating a bunch of junk food and want to ensure your body is running optimally. Thats what I did prior to my new doc.

Ask around in your community and gyms.

I found one by random chance - went to an urgent care to get a hematoma drained that I had drained myself a few times but kept filling up. The doctor who treated me was a bodybuilder and ran free blood work for me.

Man I would find some other reason to need your bloodwork drawn, like you take supplements or something and just want to make sure they are not hurting you. or find some other benign reason and sell it to the dr. I would never tell them you take steroids. Unless you took a dart and had a heart attack or something.

I took out life insurance years ago, but agree with others above. Unless you have a close relationship with the doctor I would not disclose things to them. The majority don’t know how to treat these cases and will be biased and judgmental which could impact your treatment care- especially if you ever needed some sort of medical intervention.

With that said I’ve known my PCP for years and he is cash pay and a huge bodybuilding fan himself so treats me well and as needed.

I also work with a top sports cardiologist, but if I’m being honest all he knows is that I am a bodybuilder and do TRT. Anything and everything you tell them goes in the notes. The only reason I see him is to get CPET test, echos and things a PCP generally won’t order.

This is why there are clinics expanding like Revive across the country now.

Just my opinion and experience.

The issue I foresee is the management of AAS-related complications.

For example, you may get prescribed a medication diuretic for HBP when bloated from deca, but in reality the higher androgens from something simultaneously being ran would better be managed with an ARB… but your MD wouldn’t have a clue to go that route without knowing about your use.

It seems like self medicating, assuming you’re educated, would be more efficacious

The issue I foresee is the management of AAS-related complications.

For example, you may get prescribed a medication diuretic for HBP when bloated from deca, but in reality the higher androgens from something simultaneously being ran would better be managed with an ARB… but your MD wouldn’t have a clue to go that route without knowing about your use.

It seems like self medicating, assuming you’re educated, would be more efficacious
My PCP a few years back when I began competing gave me the best advice- “hire a well experienced coach. It’s anyone guess in the medical field as we weren’t trained to treat bodybuilders and there’s very little research on it.”

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws